You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Flop Line in Yday's Bounty ME

edited February 2012 in The Poker Clinic
60 left, im 48/ 60, the top 50 get paid. I have been playing much tighter than normal, folding alot of hands. My stack has gone under 20bbs for the first time in the tourney so Im lookin for spots to steal blinds. 

Maybe I should fold pre? I never agree with the Clinic perception that anything that is not a high pocket pair or tw high cards is a fold but maybe this spot is a fold.

Do I reraise all in on the flop to his donk lead or entice an all in with a reraise? My thought process was to reraise flop to get it all in on the turn.

Really wanted to know should I re raise all in on the flop?

tingerbilSmall blind 250.00250.008925.94
robbee74Big blind 500.00750.0017259.54
 Your hole cards

KUDOS1Fold    
boo1966Fold    
KKripplerRaise 1000.001750.007897.50
bigal36903Fold    
stingerbilFold    
robbee74Call 500.002250.0016759.54
Flop

robbee74Bet 1125.003375.0015634.54
KKripplerRaise 3000.006375.004897.50
robbee74All-in 15634.5422009.540.00
KKripplerAll-in 4897.5026907.040.00
robbee74Unmatched bet 8862.0418045.008862.04
robbee74Show
  • J
  • K

KKripplerShow

Turn

River

robbee74WinPair of 2s18045.00 

Comments

• edited February 2012
    Given the stacks are so shallow raising up doesn't seem advisable, because if you hit the flop hard (like you did) you don't have much implied odds to get paid big for a small investment.
    As played, i would do exactly what you did, you are drawing to an open-ender and a flush, if your going to play 87s when you hit it hard like this you have to go all the way with it and getting it in when you have the most equity (i.e. the flop) is the best bet. A good chance to double up and guarentee a cash with a 40bb+ stack. Unlucky, better luck next time.
  • edited February 2012

u blind steal, ok

pick up nice equity on flop

call flop bet

if your going to raise flop, just shove

• edited February 2012
    Shove flop. 

If amybr is reading, this is why we prefer folds when we flop massive draws & jam :P 
  • edited February 2012
    In Response to Re: Flop Line in Yday's Bounty ME:
    Shove flop.  If amybr is reading, this is why we prefer folds when we flop massive draws & jam :P 
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Lol, still couldnt disagree more.  But is diferent in any case as in T rather than cash.

Answering thread.  We arent deep enough to get tricky here.  If we are going to invest in this hand I think we can make a better argument for shipping pre with 16bbs in LP, rather than minning, as getting played back at isnt going to be pretty.  But although i'd be tempted to get involved I think I'd prefer just waiting for an auto jamming hand.

Answering Doh. I would have no hesitation re jamming as played on this flop.  We cannot care about the result.  The board has forced our hand and we are in a spot to get a healthy stack with high equity, rather than playing a 14bb stack approaching bubble.

We have 21 outs to make a winner on flop.  We have to be comfortable getting it in outcome regardless in these spots.  We do not put ourselves in spots where we dribble our stack with equity through streets.  I am never comfortable/happy calling it off.  But getting the last meaningful bet in on flop with high equity is perfectly aok.

And yes in some spots, such as these, I would prefer a call rather than a fold.  Would be comfortable and happy that the right decision has been made on flop, that this is the line.  We are shallow and in need of chips, this is a better spot that most, here is where we get healthy or go out and we enjoy a biscuit while the poker gods decide.

Stove it n tell me you dont want to get it in with a call for your last 14bb's with 8bbs in  pot.
  • edited February 2012
    dont mind raise if u been playing tight

prefer jus shove flop once they bet