You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

i give up playing cash

i just run horribly, going to stick to mtts where i run better, these all in 20 mins

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalanceEMARSHSmall blind £0.10£0.10£19.64n7podBig blind £0.20£0.30£21.02 Your hole cardsQQ   1267Raise £0.80£1.10£22.09robyoungRaise £2.60£3.70£37.70bichasilaFold    EMARSHRaise £6.20£9.90£13.44n7podFold    1267Fold    robyoungCall £3.70£13.60£34.00Flop  988   EMARSHAll-in £13.44£27.04£0.00robyoungCall £13.44£40.48£20.56EMARSHShowAK   robyoungShowQQ   Turn  8   River  A   EMARSHWinFull House, 8s and Aces£38.68 £38.68
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalanceEMARSHSmall blind £0.10£0.10£20.00n7podBig blind £0.20£0.30£31.80 Your hole cardsQK   1267Raise £0.80£1.10£16.80robyoungCall £0.80£1.90£21.44bichasilaFold    EMARSHFold    n7podFold    Flop  J102   1267Bet £1.43£3.33£15.37robyoungRaise £3.20£6.53£18.241267All-in £15.37£21.90£0.00robyoungAll-in £18.24£40.14£0.00robyoungUnmatched bet £4.64£35.50£4.641267<td style="text-align:left;padding-bottom:7px;margin:0px;padding-left:5px;padding-right:5px;font-family:verd

Comments

• edited February 2012
    Hand 1: Sigh... Why are ppl so desperate to get it in bad?  But I think you know it should be a shove pre, given their stack.

Hand 2.:  Sigh at the 3bet shove bluff, as above.  Think I raise bigger on flop to stop him doing this though.

Hand 3:  Sigh, cant fold middle pr in 3 bet pot.  Think open tad bigger on flop, but wouldnt change outcome.

Sigh... lol am running bad this week also, feels familier.

UL bud.
  • edited February 2012
    Went through my first bad session in like a month at 10nl yest, in the space of 90 mins I dropped 4 buy ins, had kings cracked 4/4, aces cracked 1/2 (other time i won a 10bb pot sighhhh) and queens cracked 2/3 times (other time i won a buy in though :D). Almost all I got it in ahead, best one was getting 150bb in vs 2nd pair on flop who hit trips on turn.

Signed off, began playing ~ 2 hours later, within 2 orbits I had KK win vs JJ AIPF, was like OMG FINALLY! end of session had clawed back the majority of the earlier sessions losses..
  • edited February 2012
    Dropped 240 quid in 90 mins at 20-50NL this morning. Felt like I was never gonna win another hand so long as I lived. I have 2 pr, someone has a set. I have the Q hi flush, someone has the A hi. And so on....

Won 230 of it back in next 2 sessions at 30/40NL. I keep coming back for sessions like those.

Stick at it mate, you're too good to keep getting sucked out on.
  • edited February 2012
    op until u play 1000 session like that u cant give up just varience as sp said he stuck around and won it back. just have a break and get back into it.

THE MAIN THING IS TAT U PUT IT IN MOST OF THE THE TIME GOOD. AND MADE UR OPPENTANT TO PUT IT IN BAD.
  • edited February 2012
    I gave up playing the cash tables (at the lowest £0.02/$0.04 level) too - not due to the odd bad beat, but because all of the numbers that fell out of my results indicated that I wasn't beating the rake. That and the odd bad beat result (approx one in every two hundred hands with an average loss of 70BBs) that seriously skewed the results and made it virtually impossible to take the win line back into the black by continuing to grind away. As it happens I don't play at all online now, as I've called it a day - at least for the time being.

I don't hand out advice to others about playing style, what you should or shouldn't have done etc, as I'm certainly not qualified to do so, but looking at the three hands you've posted I've focussed on what the flop could have meant:

Hand A:  A possible quad or set, full house or two pair (with a FH draw), four to a flush (with a  2-1ish chance of hitting). Yup he could be bluffing, but you've called a shove with 65BBs? You could, of course, have hit a FH yourself, but the chances are approx 5-1, which makes it a chase in my book?

Hand B:  Calling with four to a flush, against what? Any matching card to the flop will give the oppo a better hand, which makes calling a shove with 70BBs a chase (IMHO).

Hand C:  You know it yourself, you should have put a big one in after the flop (and made it an expensive chase for the oppo - whatever he was chasing)? Letting the turn card fall, with the risk of leaving a pair on the board (approx 4-1), has the potential to dilute away the advantage of a pair or two pair in hand after the flop. Exactly what happened in this example - as James Bond said . . . "he just got lucky" (with a c10-1 draw, if chasing to the river). Bearing in mind the oppo called with 14 BBs with bottom pair after the flop with a flush draw possible, he's probably a shark's dream?

Two things I learned to do over the year I played and improved was:
    (a) Don't assume your opponents play in the way you do,
    (b) Respect a shove, especially when there are cards on the board that could have turned a rubbish hand into a winner.

I'm sure doing these improved my game no end.

Better cards in the future.