You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

bad barrel vs peg? mini open

edited February 2012 in The Poker Clinic
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
thetaxma24 Small blind  15.00 15.00 2595.00
NColley Big blind  30.00 45.00 1695.00
  Your hole cards
  • Q
  • Q

PokerPaul2 Fold     
jeffsjacks Fold     
Classylady Fold     
peg1 Raise  90.00 135.00 2077.50
thetaxma24 Call  75.00 210.00 2520.00
NColley Raise  240.00 450.00 1455.00
peg1 Call  180.00 630.00 1897.50
thetaxma24 Fold     
Flop

• A

NColley Bet  390.00 1020.00 1065.00
peg1 Call  390.00 1410.00 1507.50
Turn

NColley All-in  1065.00 2475.00 0.00
peg1 Call  1065.00 3540.00 442.50
NColley Show
  • Q
  • Q

peg1 Show

River

peg1 Win Three 4s 3540.00  3982.50

was only 2nd hand I'd played in 20 mins , 1st hand I raised UTG w/ 10s and got min3bet c/f'd J high flop to a full pot lead.

can't believe what he called me with...

Comments

• edited February 2012
    Sorry m8, but your shove on the turn was absurd. PEG's call was frankly awful - good player or not, this was terrible.

You're both good players, I don't understand this. Serious Q and no offence intended: are you both more comfortable on cash tables than MTTs? You both played it horribly in tournament terms.
  • edited February 2012
    If your doing it with read he doesnt have A or has raised IP light with A he can pass its fine.

When he snaps you with Ax @ turn.  You know you've butchered it.

When he snaps you with 45 o with 1pr n gutshot you know hes spewing, taking shot to get a stack early.  What does he put you on?  baby pair or KQ.  You know its a bad call.
  • edited February 2012
    probably don't even 3 bet pre

don't know what to say about the rest, just looks horrible
  • edited February 2012
    Only explanation is this:
    These (very good) CASH players, played it like a cash game, with bluff and re-bluff {Though it was a 15/30 level in a MTT! Unreal}.

No escaping it - horrible tournament play. Truly awful.

Just goes to show that cash and MTTs are 2 completely different games.

• edited February 2012
    Ego or meta gone bad :()
  • edited February 2012
    or he is knocked out of the main event n doesnt care about the mini
  • edited February 2012
    3bet pre is fine utterly amazed Ranny mentioned not doing it, you have QQ ffs lol

On flop I probz c/f, in 3bet pot you're bluffing by betting imo.

If I bet flop I defo c/f on turn.

Overall though just looks like a bad beat, if you'd left result out I'd have more respect for the thread.
  • edited February 2012
    tbh think u have played it horrible from start to finish but thats what clinicis about getting good feedback when peg calls your c bet on the flop just give up cant believe ya emptied the clip and yeah looks like peg is out of the main event for him to do this
  • edited February 2012
    In Response to Re: bad barrel vs peg? mini open:
    3bet pre is fine utterly amazed Ranny mentioned not doing it, you have QQ ffs lol On flop I probz c/f, in 3bet pot you're bluffing by betting imo. If I bet flop I defo c/f on turn. Overall though just looks like a bad beat, if you'd left result out I'd have more respect for the thread.
    Posted by Dudeskin8
    versus peg1 btn raising raise I don't mind a flat here
    Then just hold on tight when he fires at you )

Have to agree Peg was obviously out of the main
    See Offshoot doing the same when out of the main, just shoving every hand pre in the mini -_-
  • edited February 2012
    [QUOTE]Only explanation is this: These (very good) CASH players, played it like a cash game, with bluff and re-bluff {Though it was a 15/30 level in a MTT! Unreal}. No escaping it - horrible tournament play. Truly awful. Just goes to show that cash and MTTs are 2 completely different games.
    Posted by BigBluster

I think a more logical explanation is it's a £3 tourny, which for 1 of the players is often less than a small blind. 

He doesn't really care about the tourny, he's only in it for the jackpot & is willing to gamble to try & get a stack early or bust & get it out the way. 

• edited February 2012
    [QUOTE]Only explanation is this: These (very good) CASH players, played it like a cash game, with bluff and re-bluff {Though it was a 15/30 level in a MTT! Unreal}. No escaping it - horrible tournament play. Truly awful. Just goes to show that cash and MTTs are 2 completely different games.
    Posted by BigBluster

what cash games are you playin? plz point me in the right direction
  • edited February 2012

pre is fine

I prob b/f flop oop, Im definitely not c/f

c/f turn readless

obv postflop play above can change with reads, esp with history in 3bet pots

hand is suspect from both players, but its nothing to do with being cash or tournament players

• edited February 2012

I am not a great cash player, more like an average cash player, I am lucky enough to have more winning sessions then losing sessions mixed in with my breakeven sessions thats all.
    I am still improving though.

What I was looking for is people who have experience vs peg in like the roller/mains and can tell me if I can get called by worse enough times to make this a good play against this particular player.

I am definately not going to check/fold this flop.. that would be insanely weak imo.

edit - also peg was still in the open at this point in time which makes his call even stranger.. must of thought I was a right donkeyyyy