You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

lets get the 8.15pm deep stack back to £100 guaranteed...anyone agree?

edited November 2009 in Poker Chat
The 8.15 gtd was my favourite but numbers have dropped since guarantee was removed,come on Sky sort the job out!

Comments

• edited November 2009
    yep i agree davo ,

we had over 20 players on this deepstack ,

that is before the guarantee was taking away,

so 100 quid  guarantee seems only right and fair ,

this deepstack has great player numbers potential ,

also it  has a very friendly and helpful bunch of players ,

a great mtt for new players,

both in value and advice from experience players to the newbies.

overall a very good flagship for skypoker.

it would be nice if the structure was the same as 7.30pm  /  20 quid deepstack .

• edited November 2009
    Yep 8.15 is a good time +more deepstacks of any type  
  • edited November 2009
    Obviously the guarantee was removed because they were losing money. Sky is only gonna guarantee a set value if they are confident of getting a return on their outlay.Would not we all do the same if it was our money and we were running the show? the answer is clearly more players to enter and the guarantee would return.
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: lets get the 8.15pm deep stack back to £100 guaranteed...anyone agree?:
    Obviously the guarantee was removed because they were losing money. Sky is only gonna guarantee a set value if they are confident of getting a return on their outlay.Would not we all do the same if it was our money and we were running the show? the answer is clearly more players to enter and the guarantee would return.
    Posted by loonytoons

i get your point loony ,

but let me make you aware that the guarantee was far higher than what we are asking for ,

normally the guarantee is reduced not dropped completely ,

note the 20 quid deepstack at 7.30 pm was in similar position ,

and hence that was reduced to suit .
  • edited November 2009

I for one would appreciate 100 guarantee, I know the numbers have dropped but the guarantee just needed lowering not taken off altogether. Maybe if sky tried doing 100 for a bit just to see how it goes, then if no one plays it, fair enough take it off. I think its worth giving it a try.

• edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: lets get the 8.15pm deep stack back to £100 guaranteed...anyone agree?:
     I for one would appreciate 100 guarantee, I know the numbers have dropped but the guarantee just needed lowering not taken off altogether. Maybe if sky tried doing 100 for a bit just to see how it goes, then if no one plays it, fair enough take it off. I think its worth giving it a try.
    Posted by CHIPADEE
    spot on in every way, i for one would play it every night

and i think it will grow grow grow just like sky poker

the only way is up
  • edited November 2009
    LAST WINTER THE 8.15 DEEP STACK WAS A 600 £ GUARANTEED TOURNEY . IT WAS GETTING 120 PLUS ENTRY'S AND I PLAYED IT MOST NIGHTS . THEN I WAS AWAY FOR 2 MONTHS { TRAVELING AND HOSPITAL ] . ON MY RETURN , I WAS AMAZED THAT THE NUMBERS HAD DROPPED . CHANGES HAD BEEN MADE . THE INTRODUCTION OF THE 7PM DEEP STACKS HAD CLEARLY LOWERED THE NUMBERS . I CONTINUED TO PLAY IT UNTIL I HAD A 10 WEEK DOWNSWING. NOW WE HAVE THE 8PM TOURNIES TOO . I THINK ALL THESE CHANGES ARE  BRILLIANT . HOWEVER , I ALSO THINK THE 8.15 DEEP STACK HAS A HARDCORE OF FOLLOWERS THAT PREFER 6 SEATERS TO 10 SEATERS AND ALSO PREFER TO PLAY QUALITY POKER AND DON'T WANT TO GAMBLE THERE WAY THROUGH HUNDREDS OF PLAYERS . TAKING THE GUARANTEE AWAY HAS JUST ABOUT KILLED IT OFF NOW . IM NOT SUGGESTING THAT SKY POKER SHOULD SUPPORT SOMETHING THAT IS MAKING A LOSS . MAYBE THE GUARANTEE COULD BE REINTRODUCED FOR A SHORT WHILE AND SEE WHAT THE ENTRY NUMBERS ARE.
  • edited November 2009
    Thanks for support all! why dont we try and arrange a night when we can all enter just to show potential?
  • edited November 2009

good point pdavo i agree 8.15 ds guaranteed would be a welcome return its a good time of night and a nice bunch of regulars play i would be happy to see it back

• edited November 2009
    Thanks for support all! why don't we try and arrange a night when we can all enter just to show potential?
    Posted by pdavo100
    how about tonight i am in.

problem is  there's no guarantee tonight .
  • edited November 2009
    I agree with everything that has been said, the numbers were down on the quarantee, when a regular 25 plyers played every nite. So sky  had to drop the quarantee, it made business sense. But the lack of a quarantee on the tourny now has stopped people from entering for some reason.

I think a smaller quarantee would make those 25 or so players come back and play this tourny, even if it was 50 quid. I really hope the numbers go back up because its a gd tournie at a good time of night

Im in rover so that makes 2 of us, lol,   come on people sign up lets get a decent number entered for a change
  • edited November 2009
    Thanks for support all! why dont we try and arrange a night when we can all enter just to show potential?
    Posted by pdavo100
    Any day but Friday &  Sat
  • edited November 2009

I probably wont be able to support  it tonight, hubby on his way home he works away all week and think he might pull his mush lol if im on poker all night. I think a week night would be good :)  (well for me it would) also gives a bit of time to get people to know.

• edited November 2009
    I agree with everything that has been said, the numbers were down on the guarantee, when a regular 25 players played every nite. So sky  had to drop the guarantee, it made business sense. But the lack of a guaranteeon the tourney now has stopped people from entering for some reason. I think a smaller guarantee would make those 25 or so players come back and play this tourney, even if it was 50 quid. I really hope the numbers go back up because its a gd tourney at a good time of night Im in rover so that makes 2 of us, lol,   come on people sign up lets get a decent number entered for a change
    Posted by Ozzie08
     n1 wiz
  • edited November 2009
    I probably wont be able to support  it tonight, hubby on his way home he works away all week and think he might pull his mush lol if im on poker all night. I think a week night would be good :)  (well for me it would) also gives a bit of time to get people to know.
    Posted by CHIPADEE
     np chip , we had 21 players tonight so we went over the 100 quid guarantee so must contact sky heads about it ,

hope they listen .
  • edited November 2009

Recently ive been lured by the green away from the 20.15ds to the £500 gtd at 20.15 or the £500bh at 20.30 in both tournys the numbers were high and like myself i am pretty sure people were in them because the incentive was there
    but as far as i was concerned they didnt come close to matching the banter and poker played in the 20.15ds which i enjoyed playing in tonight.It would be nice if sky could bring back some sort of incentive for this tourny to help increase the numbers and the competition,it seems to me that the regulars of the 20.15ds are being punished because they didnt want it changed from a 6 seater to a 10 seater but surely this cant be true?

• edited November 2009
    Hi all,

I have put a £100 Gtd. the 8.15pm Deepie as requested.

Regards,

Bernie
  • edited November 2009
    Hi all, I have put a £100 Gtd. the 8.15pm Deepie as requested. Regards, Bernie
    Posted by Sky_Bernie
    LEGEND

That is all....
  • edited November 2009
    Posted by Sky_Bernie
    Nice one Bernie, thank you so much for reacting positively to the feedback,its always nice to know sky do listen and try to keep their customers happy,cheers again 
  • edited November 2009
    Posted by Sky_Bernie
    Many thnx bernie u r the man, im sure this will bring the plyers back, thnx again
  • edited November 2009
    This isn't a game that I play in as I am usually in the 7.00 deepstack and the 8.00 Open but isn't it nice that the Sky team listen AND act on the comments from their players.
  • edited November 2009
    This isn't a game that I play in as I am usually in the 7.00 deepstack and the 8.00 Open but isn't it nice that the Sky team listen AND act on the comments from their players.
    Posted by Kiwini4u
    Agreed m8, sky always listen to players views and this is y i love this site
  • edited November 2009
    many thanks from the deepstack mob,

pays to play on sky,

they have a great listening ear,

that's why we always sing sky praises to the new players ,

thank you  very much bernie and sky .
  • edited November 2009
    Thanks a lot Bernie and all who supported return of 8.15 gtd.Lets try and keep numbers up!