You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Is this a call or a raise on this flop

edited February 2012 in The Poker Clinic
I played blackbeltb a while on this table and played him before hes a solid player good player may i add doesnt have many leaks when hes bets this flop i know he has a good hand high pair i put him on with this in mind is it a raise on this flop and happy to get all the chips in or just call and peel of a turn card thoughts please ashersSit out    blackbeltbSmall blind £0.05£0.05£24.20tripl3ac3sBig blind £0.10£0.15£7.97KARGONBig blind £0.10£0.25£9.41 Your hole cards7A   KARGONCheck    IDONKCALLURaise £0.50£0.75£29.84blackbeltbCall £0.45£1.20£23.75tripl3ac3sCall £0.40£1.60£7.57KARGONCall £0.40£2.00£9.01Flop  436   blackbeltbBet £1.10£3.10£22.65tripl3ac3sCall £1.10£4.20£6.47KARGONFold  

Comments

• edited February 2012
  • edited February 2012
    thats what i did in the end came a 4 so folded when he bet 3/4 pot 
  • edited February 2012
    what kind of high pair does he flat pre? Is he good enough to consider folding some overpairs
  • edited February 2012
    he a sneaky player seen him limp with pairs and i think if i raised he would of called with a higher pair the turn was a 4 so think it saved me money because if i raised on the flop i have to continue with the story on the turn 
  • edited February 2012
    I can't put him on a high-pair here: I think 88+ would be 3-bet by most players. The hands I'd fear with his call pre-flop, out of position are mostly small pairs, set mining. Obviously this is a good flop for that range and his lead out could be to get value out of a hand like yours, a flush/straight draw as well as to prevent the free card coming to scare/beat him. He could be playing a flush draw himself but I think, especially considering the call from tripl3ac3s, you're getting great pot-odds and implied odds, if they do have a set, to peel the turn. I don't want to come over the top of two players who've called my pre-flop raise, especially if I think the set is in their range. Maybe in a tournament this is a shove against the "donk" lead, but it looks a bit scary and unnecessary to me, deep-stacked in a cash game on this board, given my assessment of their respective ranges.