You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Paired board on flop with 2 overs and a flush draw.

Ok, its a fairly standard play to get it in with 2 overs and a flush draw i think most of us would agree. How does this change if the board is paired as below.

Am i ok getting it in here? I may not have the best flush if i hit sometimes and i am obviously up against a 6 a fair bit of the time.

Discuss please.
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
GTX Small blind  £0.04 £0.04 £6.10
villainBig blind  £0.08 £0.12 £2.95
  Your hole cards
  • J

jontyworm Fold     
jpgit Fold     
DrSharp Raise  £0.24 £0.36 £7.52
BAGPUSS9 Fold     
GTX Call  £0.20 £0.56 £5.90
villainCall  £0.16 £0.72 £2.79
Flop

GTX Check     
villainBet  £0.24 £0.96 £2.55
DrSharp Raise  £0.88 £1.84 £6.64
GTX Fold     
villainAll-in  £2.55 £4.39 £0.00
DrSharp Call  £1.91 £6.30 £4.73
villainShow

DrSharp Show
  • J

Turn

• K

River

DrSharp Win Flush to the Jack £5.82

Comments

• edited February 2012
    The villain's really short and there aren't many 6's or 3's in his range. I don't know if he's particularly tight or not, but in a vacuum the donk lead out on a board of 663 is almost always a poor bluff, just trying to win the pot and so coming over the top is the optimal play. Having two overs doesn't make much difference unless your opponent is betting the 3, but your flush draw is the real back-up here. It's a pretty weird hand really, but the villain has only been brought into the hand because of the perceived pot-odds pre-flop thanks to the SB call. I don't see why he wants to play 67o, out of position but that's his problem, not yours.

Once you've made the raise on the flop you're committed against his shortstack and most of the time he'll just fold having made a bluff and failed. You played it fine as long as you understand that your raise on the flop is designed to take the pot down right now and is only going to get an all-in from a 6 or a better flush draw.
  • edited February 2012
    flat flop, once you raise obv call
  • edited February 2012
    Am rarely raising flop here.  Very much going to be a flat and reassess @ turn.  Literally no worse hand comes along with us.  Best we can ever hope for is 7's thru 9's