You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

How should you play in the big blind?

edited February 2012 in The Poker Clinic
Here is the scenario, your sat in the BB with K2 off suit, everyone around the table limps, do you check or raise? Yesterday I checked and the flop came down K6K, I bet out and got two callers the turn was 2 giving me a full house however one of the callers hit his k6 full house and took all my chips.

So the question is if everyone limps do you raise on the BB regardless of your cards? Or  check and hope to get lucky?

Comments

• edited February 2012
    A quick answer is that you were right to check here. The flop and turn were just unlucky for you. You were coolered.

Generally speaking, when many of your opponents at the table are limping you can exploit them with real starting hands, in position. If you're raising the BB with K2, you're just going to inflate the pot, before having to play the flop out of position with a weak starting hand.
  • edited February 2012
    play tight from the bb
  • edited February 2012
    generally check n those kind of spots. Also depending how deep you are I would be very wary if K2 got big action multiway on that flop in a limped pot, turn obv coolered you