You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

MickJenn1..chat release 8th Nov

Comments

• edited November 2009
    just spoke to mick and he`d like to thank bennydip2

hi barry cheers for ur help m8 i owe u a drink at a live event, keep up the good work on ur thread m8 they make me laff, looks like im banned for life which would of been nice to be told beforehand not lettin me get on the day the ban was up and then telling me thru live chat, i did my 3 months no problem it was hard, cheers anyway benny ur a top geezer

• edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: MickJenn1..chat release 8th Nov:
    just spoke to mick and he`d like to thank bennydip2 and bazzzzzza for their efforts... top blokes he said !!!!
    Posted by themackem
    Hi Lee

Please tell him, its a pleasure
  • edited November 2009

Cheers Mick ..this one's for you ..enjoy !!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwIV3muwpXY
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: MickJenn1..chat release 8th Nov : You have to ask yourselves ...who's the real sinner here now ..Mick for doing the crime and serving his time !! Or Sky Des and co,  for going back on their word..  I may not be an 'angel' ( but then again, you don't know) however the  one thing I learned in life is that , " My word is my bond" ............     As far as I'm concerned, Ive said all I'm going to on this matter now , ive already had posts removed from this thread and I'm guessing this will be removed as well ..  glk Mick
    Posted by bennydip2
    well said benny
  • edited November 2009
    just spoke to mick and he`d like to thank bennydip2 hi barry cheers for ur help m8 i owe u a drink at a live event, keep up the good work on ur thread m8 they make me laff, looks like im banned for life which would of been nice to be told beforehand not lettin me get on the day the ban was up and then telling me thru live chat, i did my 3 months no problem it was hard, cheers anyway benny ur a top geezer
    Posted by themackem
    Hi mick

Thats what m8s are for, here,s hoping against hope they do change there minds take care.
  • edited November 2009
    just spoke to mick .....
    Posted by themackem
    Tell 'im he's a dodgy geeezer!

• edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: MickJenn1..chat release 8th Nov :  i agree delta......  its harsh when hes been told he was banned for 3 months then on last day told its now life ban !!!!! im not asking for a discussion just a little common sense ....with the threat of anymore hes banned for life.. hes not a bad guy or a trouble maker .... please sky review the situation !!!
    Posted by themackem
    100% agree with u lee ,how can sky tell you your banned for 3 months ,then reverse their decision when the chat ban ends .??????
    thats pretty low in my eyes ,i hope sky have a change of heart soon ,gl mick ,hope u get ur voice back soon ..........ten
  • edited November 2009
    come on sky--you know he wont do it again--half the floppin site want him back, and the other half dont use the forum, he's learnt the lesson, you can be sure he wont go over the top again---everone that has met him here, at the events, and at the tables, all say he's a true gent really, we all have a bad day! We know he was wrong, and did a bad thing, but he has been punished and he has learnt!---give him a break lads--for the sake of the whole sky community!
  • edited November 2009
    I think that maybe its time to let this issue die down for a while, none of us truly know exactly why Mick's ban was increased from three months to a lifetime one. Maybe he did something else wrong or maybe its a genuine mistake by the Sky team, but because of the comments made here in support of Mick they feel they can't back down incase people on the forum start gloating that they beat the them into submission.

I can understand Bernies comment that they can't discuss individual cases on the forum, afterall I certainly wouldnt want my personal business discussed here by a third party, I dont think any of us would.

I dont know if such a thing exists but, if this problem is something that happens a lot, maybe some thought could be given to setting up an independent body, much like ACAS, who can sit down with both partys and try to settle the dispute.

Whatever happens I think we all agree that this is a excellent site and I for one wouldn't want this issue to bring an end to the excellent fun we all have here both on the tables and in the forums.

I hope that I have tried to be the voice of moderation here and thank you for listening

Steve
  • edited November 2009
    come on sky--you know he wont do it again--half the floppin site want him back, and the other half dont use the forum, he's learnt the lesson, you can be sure he wont go over the top again---everone that has met him here, at the events, and at the tables, all say he's a true gent really, we all have a bad day! We know he was wrong, and did a bad thing, but he has been punished and he has learnt!---give him a break lads--for the sake of the whole sky community!
    Posted by oynutter

This
  • edited November 2009
    Hi guys, I also got a Facebook message from Mick confirming the above. I've now told the powers-that-be about it, so hopefully it will get resolved very quickly. :)
    Posted by RICHORFORD
    Rich, I'd like to think you have influence, however, as someone greater than I once said, "power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely". The fools making the decisions think this is an issue they need to win. The rest of us know it's about chatting in a box.
    Sky has worked hard in making a community, then has decided to shoot itself in the foot by acting like a spoilt kid who has gone in for tea and taken his ball with him.
    Well, I for one don't need the fat kid's ball - there's plenty more balls out there to play with.
  • edited November 2009
    I think that maybe its time to let this issue die down for a while, none of us truly know exactly why Mick's ban was increased from three months to a lifetime one. Maybe he did something else wrong or maybe its a genuine mistake by the Sky team, but because of the comments made here in support of Mick they feel they can't back down incase people on the forum start gloating that they beat the them into submission. I can understand Bernies comment that they can't discuss individual cases on the forum, afterall I certainly wouldnt want my personal business discussed here by a third party, I dont think any of us would. I dont know if such a thing exists but, if this problem is something that happens a lot, maybe some thought could be given to setting up an independent body, much like ACAS, who can sit down with both partys and try to settle the dispute. Whatever happens I think we all agree that this is a excellent site and I for one wouldn't want this issue to bring an end to the excellent fun we all have here both on the tables and in the forums. I hope that I have tried to be the voice of moderation here and thank you for listening Steve
    Posted by Kiwini4u
    im sorry kiwi but as this is a forum and people have opinions they will post .. and it isnt up to you or i to tell people to let this issue die .. i always thought the best way to let things die was not to post anything ???
  • edited November 2009
    It sounds like Orford will get this sorted.

It was after all the ppl at live chat who told him it was a life ban and they are pretty clueless from my experiences with them
  • edited November 2009
    It's good to see the support here for a fellow player. Whether the chat ban is lifted or not is one thing, but the other is that Mick is a well liked(loved!?) member of the community. Hope it gets sorted.

Dave
  • edited November 2009
    It's good to see the support here for a fellow player. Whether the chat ban is lifted or not is one thing, but the other is that Mick is a well liked(loved!?) member of the community. Hope it gets sorted. Dave
    Posted by Grimstar30
    VERY WELL PUT ,GRIMSTAR .............+1
  • edited November 2009
    That really isn't right stating a 3 month ban them at the last minute changing it to a life ban.We have all done things we regret in life at some point, and i am sure mick wouldn't make the same mistake again let him back give him one more chance it's clear to see he is a popular guy on the table's and forum.
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: MickJenn1..chat release 8th Nov : VERY WELL PUT ,GRIMSTAR .............+1
    Posted by TENOFSPADE
    Thanks, I do have a way with words.....
  • edited November 2009
    I think that maybe its time to let this issue die down for a while, none of us truly know exactly why Mick's ban was increased from three months to a lifetime one. Maybe he did something else wrong or maybe its a genuine mistake by the Sky team, but because of the comments made here in support of Mick they feel they can't back down incase people on the forum start gloating that they beat the them into submission. I can understand Bernies comment that they can't discuss individual cases on the forum, afterall I certainly wouldnt want my personal business discussed here by a third party, I dont think any of us would. I dont know if such a thing exists but, if this problem is something that happens a lot, maybe some thought could be given to setting up an independent body, much like ACAS, who can sit down with both partys and try to settle the dispute. Whatever happens I think we all agree that this is a excellent site and I for one wouldn't want this issue to bring an end to the excellent fun we all have here both on the tables and in the forums. I hope that I have tried to be the voice of moderation here and thank you for listening Steve
    Posted by Kiwini4u
    I really don't want or plan to become embroiled in this debate one way or the other, but I was starting to wonder when someone would at last make that point. (enboldened), instead of just suggesting Sky Poker are "fools" (they are not), or have "shot themself in the foot".

It does not take much working out, for goodness sake, & LOTS of players know the facts. (They have not Posted on this Thread). I honestly hope it gets sorted to everyone's satisfaction, but really guys, you need to think through the logical scenario here.
  • edited November 2009
    Hi all I agree with tikay, we have got to be civil, calling anyone a fool is not going to help solve the problem, a couple of wider issues have arisen however, that I feel need clarification, and hope one of the Sky team can tell me. 

1: Are the forums and chat separate entities?
    2: Can punishment in one be transferred to the other?
    3: If this can happen, can the punishment be increased?
    4: I think we definitely need a way of being able to ask for a review and or appeal. 

This is not just for the recent events, but also for the whole of the forum, and all players.
  • edited November 2009
    guys,

table chat and community privileges will be discussed with the individuals involved. as already stated earlier in this thread we are not at liberty to disclose any private account information. my last point in this matter is that all forum and table chat bans are handed out for good reason and at no point has anyone been singled out or treated unfairly.

thanks for your understanding on this matter and let's all get back to enjoying this great community
  • edited November 2009

Hi Barry. I can't really help much, but as you are a special friend, I don't want to ignore your polite & well-intentioned questions. I do NOT have Authority (with a capital "A") to reply, so this, fwiw, is my personal take.

1) I have no idea.

2) Same answer.

3) If the circumstances changed, & further stuff came to light, yes, of course it can.

4) It's a matter between MickJenn & Sky Poker. My Boss - Sky Des - a man of THE greatest integrity, has already stated, clearly "we do not discuss individual cases publically". There is a reason for that, & it's best to respect it, imo. 

I met Mick for, I think, the first time on Saturday, & I found him wholly amenable. That does not alter the facts.

Numerous Players who are NOT Posting on this Thread KNOW the facts. I know some of them, I think, but I won't be commenting further on them.

My take on this Site is quite simple. I want folks to enjoy themselves when they play on Sky Poker, & feel safe in every way when they play here, & know that Sky Poker will act in an honourable & proper way towards them all. I am content that they do exactly that, & when fairness is in doubt, Sky Poker go the extra yard to ensure their patrons are treated fairly.
  • edited November 2009
    wasnt norbit banned for life and given a second chance...? surely every member of sky should be treated in the same way !!!
  • edited November 2009
    Hi Barry. I can't really help much, but as you are a special friend, I don't want to ignore your polite & well-intentioned questions. I do NOT have Authority (with a capital "A") to reply, so this, fwiw, is my personal take. 1) I have no idea. 2) Same answer. 3) If the circumstances changed, & further stuff came to light, yes, of course it can. 4) It's a matter between MickJenn & Sky Poker. My Boss - Sky Des - a man of THE greatest integrity, has already stated, clearly "we do not discuss individual cases publically". There is a reason for that, & it's best to respect it, imo.  I met Mick for, I think, the first time on Saturday, & I found him wholly amenable. That does not alter the facts. Numerous Players who are NOT Posting on this Thread KNOW the facts. I know some of them, I think, but I won't be commenting further on them. My take on this Site is quite simple. I want folks to enjoy themselves when they play on Sky Poker, & feel safe in every way when they play here, & know that Sky Poker will act in an honourable & proper way towards them all. I am content that they do exactly that, & when fairness is in doubt, Sky Poker go the extra yard to ensure their patrons are treated fairly.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Spot on... talking of fun. Alan has the master plan of our SPT visit to Luton in place already and she is about to come 'home' to Sky after playing the majority on Mr Ivey's site.. they upset her with some banking issues.

Roll on 2010!

• edited November 2009

If sky has let one member off a life chat ban, then shouldnt we all as sky members be shown the same curtesy.Sky has set a precendant by allowing one sky member which was on a life time ban to be reinstated ???????

• edited November 2009
    [QUOTE]wasnt norbit banned for life and given a second chance...? surely every member of sky should be treated in the same way !!!
    Posted by beaujolais

In identical circumstance, yes, if the circumstances are different, no - obviously!

This Thread is NOT helping Mick. I'm a total pacifist, & a soft so & so, & I want EVERY player, Mick included, to be welcome here, & to chat freely.

But with Sky Poker being called "fools" by folks who don't know the facts, & talk of peitions & suchlike by players who may well be apalled if they knew the facts, the case is never gonna make much progress. 

Mick's cause is best served if he writes to Sky Poker privately, & explains the circumstances of certain things. If he says the right things, who says he wion't get a second chance? Not me, not Sky Poker.

Trying to bully the Site into restoring his Chat Priveleges is a kite that ain't gonna fly. Only Mick can sort it out, & if he wants to contest it, I wish him well. But my advice is do it quietly, in the back garden, because standing in the street shouting & hollering won't solve anything.

I had an e-Mail from Mick last night by the way, & I've forwarded it to the Suits for their consideration & perusal. That's a far more effective & efficient means to resolve this than this Thread, & allegations that Sky Poker & it's staff are "fools".
  • edited November 2009
    If sky has let one member off a life chat ban, then shouldnt we all as sky members be shown the same curtesy.Sky has set a precendant by allowing one sky member which was on a life time ban to be reinstated ???????
    Posted by mona-lisa
    Perhaps the circumstances were different?

How do you know that Mick will not be re-instated at some point?
  • edited November 2009
     Response to Re: MickJenn1..chat release 8th Nov:
    Hi all   I agree with tikay, we have got to be civil, calling anyone a fool is not going to help solve the problem, a couple of wider issues have arisen however, that I feel need clarification, and hope one of the Sky team can tell me.   1: Are the forums and chat separate entities? 2: Can punishment in one be transferred to the other? 3: If this can happen, can the punishment be increased? 4: I think we definitely need a way of being able to ask for a review and or appeal.   This is not just for the recent events, but also for the whole of the forum, and all players.
    Posted by acebarry10
    Any chance of using a smaller font size, Barry?
  • edited November 2009
    I think a lot of us know the full details of Mick's actions. They weren't big, and they certainly weren't clever.
    I would be happy for Sky to ban his chat privelages for life for what he did, but they didn't - they handed out a 3 month ban.
    Mick then did more stupid things on the forum, and was banned from there.
    At that time Sky could have told him that they were banning him for life  from chat as well - I don't think there would have been may arguments. They didn't.
    Natural justice suggests that once someone is punished, you can't change or extend the punishment.
    I know it's only chatting on a web-site, but we live in  such a place that we like to see natural justice extended from the most serious to the most minor situations - it's something about fair play and Britishness (in a totally non-fascist way).
    I hear what Tikay is saying regarding Mick being better served by making personal approach, and I agree (he told me he was sending Tikay an e-mail) - all we're doing here is talking about it - that's another British thing. We may not put the world to rights, but we like to reserve the right to talk the talk.
  • edited November 2009
         Mick's cause is best served if he writes to Sky Poker privately, & explains the circumstances of certain things. If he says the right things, who says he wion't get a second chance? Not me, not Sky Poker. Trying to bully the Site into restoring his Chat Priveleges is a kite that ain't gonna fly. Only Mick can sort it out, & if he wants to contest it, I wish him well. But my advice is do it quietly, in the back garden, because standing in the street shouting & hollering won't solve anything. I had an e-Mail from Mick last night by the way, & I've forwarded it to the Suits for their consideration & perusal. That's a far more effective & efficient means to resolve this than this Thread, & allegations that Sky Poker & it's staff are "fools".
    Posted by Tikay10

Well said Sir...

"So often times it happens, we live our lives  in chains,  and we never even new   we had the key"
  • edited November 2009

Talk away Eyeman, I'm always game to talk.

But do you seriously think that folks calling Sky Poker "fools" for what's happened, when they do NOT know the facts, will help Mick, or anyone else, for that matter?

The censure/penalty was changed, & changed for a reason. You can see that, I'm sure. You're an Optician, after all. ;)

It's a little bizarre that Sky Poker are being labelled as the Villains in this matter, if you think about it......