You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

JJ, NL8 vs aggro opponent.

Just a quick line check here guys please.

With a hand like JJ, should i always raise flop on this board as there are too many scare cards to come on the turn/river or against this villain let him hang himself?

Dont be results orientated here, and its not a brag (well, someone always says it when i post a winning hand!) but its the line. Obviously JJ is a tad tricky to play for someone like me and as the hand played out i felt i should raise the flop but with villain leading am i ok just letting him do the work and see if i can get 3 barrels out of him?
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
dkdoubled2 Small blind  £0.04 £0.04 £6.00
villainBig blind  £0.08 £0.12 £7.22
  Your hole cards
  • J
  • J

growler208 Fold     
boozah Fold     
DrSharp Raise  £0.24 £0.36 £7.52
TheRat1 Call  £0.24 £0.60 £3.11
dkdoubled2 Fold     
villainCall  £0.16 £0.76 £7.06
Flop

villainBet  £0.38 £1.14 £6.68
DrSharp Call  £0.38 £1.52 £7.14
TheRat1 Fold     
Turn

villainBet  £1.52 £3.04 £5.16
DrSharp Call  £1.52 £4.56 £5.62
River

villainBet  £4.56 £9.12 £0.60
DrSharp Call  £4.56 £13.68 £1.06
villainShow
  • A
  • K

DrSharp Show
  • J
  • J

DrSharp Win Two Pairs, Jacks and 2s £12.65

Comments

• edited February 2012
    I think you were lucky that he decided to barrell tbh.

I raise flop for value vs worse..  Plenty comes along.  More often than not oppo shuts down from turn when we flat flop when not improving.

• edited February 2012
    stick it all in on river, but all is good -
  • edited February 2012
    raise the river get those extra few bigs, raising flop is would be better against a less aggro player that you dont think will barrel, if your pretty sure this guy will fire again and your good enough to get away from the hand should it go sour i don't see a problem with a call and judge from his betsize whether to raise the turn
  • edited February 2012
    The board couldn't have run out any better for you but in general I prefer raise on flop to get value from A10/K10/Q10/79/67 which will all call at this level.

Also turn could come a bad card that kills action, like A/K/Q and makes it harder for you to get value or straightening card.
  • edited February 2012
    for me, having seen a perfect turn card it's time to get the money in - there's a lot of big blinds in pot and looks like villain has something he likes.

Bear in mind he had significant equity against you on flop and any overcard falling would have slowed you down or lost you the pot.

• edited February 2012
    dont mind calling down ip but I would usually raise flop. Its pretty read dependent though

Obv put his last 60p in on river