You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

NL10 AA blaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

edited February 2012 in The Poker Clinic
shove it all in baby !  profitable in long term,,,,

though maybe not in this case i guess by your tone !!!

Comments

• edited February 2012
    Like WTF - what do we do )
    smells like 2 pr/set, do we seriously pot control on turn :S

I guess my image on this table is aggro
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    markisking Small blind   £0.05 £0.05 £12.17
    jack100 Big blind   £0.10 £0.15 £8.30
      Your hole cards
    • A
    • A

YOUNG_GUN Fold        
    rancid Raise   £0.30 £0.45 £10.54
    markisking Fold        
    jack100 Call   £0.20 £0.65 £8.10
    Flop

jack100 Check        
    rancid Bet   £0.33 £0.98 £10.21
    jack100 Raise   £0.80 £1.78 £7.30
    rancid Raise   £2.16 £3.94 £8.05
    jack100 Call   £1.69 £5.63 £5.61
    Turn

jack100 Check        
    rancid
  • edited February 2012
    Id cbet bigger.

If I'm 3betting flop I'd make it abit bigger.

Turn is a good card just shove 5.61 into 5.63.

• edited February 2012
    In Response to Re: NL10 AA blaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh:
    Id cbet bigger. If I'm 3betting flop I'd make it abit bigger. Turn is a good card just shove 5.61 into 5.63.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Why bigger on both counts ?
  • edited February 2012
    For valueeeee.

even 10p more on the cbet & 20p more on the 3bet makes the p/s ratio alot better for us on't turn. 

4 into 6 or something like that is better than 5.5 into 5.5.
  • edited February 2012
    dont think many players are sophisticated enough at this level to reraise your flop  bet and then only flat your re re raise. his hand looks a lot like top pair / overcards plus str8 draw

if they have 2 pr plus and your hand looks a lot like an overpair - surely they shove here?
  • edited February 2012
    Your probably crushing his range here, im looking to stack oppo here 90% of the time if the board stays dry, leaving the other 10 percent to nitty players. You should not worry to be up against set's to often, esp when the board can give him so many hands that you beat.
  • edited February 2012
    as you say your image is aggro, this makes the above even more likely. theyre going to put you on air a lot of the time the way the action went pre.
  • edited February 2012
    Yh defo cbet more, half-pot is what you should bet with your air hands, AK/AQ etc, here you want value from draws TP etc.

And yeah 3bet MUCH bigger like £3.00+.

Turn snap shove win moniez.
  • edited February 2012
    For valueeeee. even 10p more on the cbet & 20p more on the 3bet makes the p/s ratio alot better for us on't turn.  4 into 6 or something like that is better than 5.5 into 5.5.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    valooooooooooooooooooo ok )

Setting up p/s of 1:1 is bad on turn, that's what I am aiming for on turn - ez shove to get called
    Basically better to make it impossible for them to fold turn, right! I hear ya - I think:S

• edited February 2012
    Yh defo cbet more, half-pot is what you should bet with your air hands,AK/AQ etc, here you want value from draws TP etc. And yeah 3bet MUCH bigger like £3.00+. Turn snap shove win moniez.
    Posted by Dudeskin8
    Don't do this lol, bet little over half-pot when you have bluff-to-nuts on a DRY-BOARD, bet 2/3 with bluff-to-nuts on a WET-BOARD as your oppo will more likely call with draws if you give them ridiculous good odds to call, you will get out-drawn over time.
  • edited February 2012
    Lol.  Just updating my notes, ty WhoAMI :p

With Image being aggro I lead a bet that I hope he calls/ships over, likely £2.10 to £2.30.  No point over thinking this IMO.  Hate it when our aggro factou out levels us.  Is my biggest weakness online.

If there is danger here I dont think we can avoid it.  I likely dont pt control this shallow after flop action, I just look to get it in @ turn.
  • edited February 2012
    In Response to Re: NL10 AA blaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh : Don't do this lol, bet little over half-pot when you have bluff-to-nuts on a DRY-BOARD, bet 2/3 with bluff-to-nuts on a WET-BOARD as your oppo will more likely call with draws if you give them ridiculous good odds to call, you will get out-drawn over time.
    Posted by WHOAMI196
    Well HP is what I refered to as in this case that's what he used, my average standard is probz 60% so 39p here but in general if they're gonna fold for 39p they'll fold for 33p so you save overtime.
  • edited February 2012

Don’t worry about my half pot bet on flop

Oppo probably wasn’t paying attention anyway, but it was more based around what I have done before with a double barel bluff that went very bad,  init YG )

But there I go again thinking oppo actually think at this level )

Anyways we shall continue, tell me more about your flop sizing )

• edited February 2012
    In Response to Re: NL10 AA blaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh : Well HP is what I refered to as in this case that's what he used, my average standard is probz 60% so 39p here but in general if they're gonna fold for 39p they'll fold for 33p so you save overtime.
    Posted by Dudeskin8
    Just have a balanced betting pattern, throw some curve ball now-and-again, but importantly though, your betting size should differ depending on the board texture . . . just balance your range!(by not making it obvious that your weak/strong)
  • edited February 2012
    Lol.  Just updating my notes, ty WhoAMI :p
    Posted by AMYBR
    ........."shark" will do just fine. ;)
  • edited February 2012
    In Response to Re: NL10 AA blaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh : Just have a balanced betting pattern, throw some curve ball now-and-again, but importantly though, your betting size should differ depending on the board texture . . . just balance your range!(by not making it obvious that your weak/strong)
    Posted by WHOAMI196
    A lot of this depends on your oppoonant having a brain/thinking not many at micro's possess this ability.
  • edited February 2012
    In Response to Re: NL10 AA blaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh : A lot of this depends on your oppoonant having a brain/thinking not many at micro's possess this ability.
    Posted by Dudeskin8
    Trust me on this, betting correctly is very important, regardless if your opponent is playing unconsciously of his "surroundings". If you climb the stakes ladder this will come more apparent but bad habits die hard, so its important to grasp it early.
  • edited February 2012
    In Response to Re: NL10 AA blaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh : Trust me on this, betting correctly is very important, regardless if your opponent is playing unconsciously of his "surroundings". If you climb the stakes ladder this will come more apparent but bad habits die hard, so its important to grasp it early.
    Posted by WHOAMI196
    Surely it's better to bet flop 2/3 or 3/4  pot all the time - rarther than changing to suit texture

• edited February 2012
    In Response to Re: NL10 AA blaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh : Surely it's better to bet flop 2/3 or 3/4  pot all the time - rarther than changing to suit texture
    Posted by rancid
    you can bet the same all the time that's fineEDIT but you'r putting you'r self in tough spots. Since you can only categorize the board two ways "Wet" or "Dry" the ideal is to make the best of the situation. If the board is dry e.g j73 rainbow, and you hold AK there's no need to bet big because a smaller bet will do the same job, plus you are controlling the pot size and risking less when you get unwanted action. If you had pocket 33 there, if you bet big (close to pot) you will only push your customer out. Quite the opposite when it's a wet-board though.
  • edited February 2012
    In Response to Re: NL10 AA blaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh : you can bet the same all the time that's fineEDIT but you'r putting you'r self in tough spots. Since you can only categorize the board two ways "Wet" or "Dry" the ideal is to make the best of the situation. If the board is dry e.g j73 rainbow, and you hold AK there's no need to bet big because a smaller bet will do the same job, plus you are controlling the pot size and risking less when you get unwanted action. If you had pocket 33 there, if you bet big (close to pot) you will only push your customer out. Quite the opposite when it's a wet-board though.
    Posted by WHOAMI196

Yeah I kinda get what your saying as to bet bigger with wet flops, just because you would with a balanced range

And also the other way if the flop is dry then you wouldn’t need to bet bigger with a balanced range

I hear ya, seems very logical

2/3 dry

¾ wet

would that seem about right in the majority v oppo who stations

and:

just over half dry

2/3 wet

v capable regs

May have to give this some thought :S

• edited February 2012
    havent read all replies but either fold to flop raise or intend to get your stack over line. I dont mind flatting flop raise ip on that board. As played shove turn

bet and raise more on flop