You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

NL4 - Pocket 10's, did I overplay them?

edited February 2012 in The Poker Clinic
Just joined the table, first thought when I see opponent's re-raise all in is that he would've bet a queen on the flop, so I'm thinking "he's overplayed a hand like A8, snap, oh..."

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
Reid5Small blind £0.02£0.02£2.05
gms01Big blind £0.04£0.06£2.30
 Your hole cards

HendymcfFold    
SKYBLUES98Fold    
EvilPinguRaise £0.16£0.22£3.84
Gravey9Fold    
Reid5Call £0.14£0.36£1.91
gms01Call £0.12£0.48£2.18
Flop

• Q

Reid5Check    
gms01Check    
EvilPinguCheck    
Turn

• Q

Reid5Check    
gms01Check    
EvilPinguBet £0.36£0.84£3.48
Reid5All-in £1.91£2.75£0.00
gms01Fold    
EvilPinguCall £1.55£4.30£1.93
Reid5Show

EvilPinguShow

River

• A

Reid5WinFull House, 5s and Queens£3.97 £3.97

Comments

• edited February 2012
    Tricky one, really hard for him to have a Q with two on the board plus most poor players will donk flop with Q anyway so can probably rule out that.

Then you're only losing to 55/88 which you would think he'd bet turn with after seeing it checked on flop. 

Your first bet is fine and now it's just a case of calling another 39bbs, if I was playing the hand and no time to think I would probz call purely out of confusion but not sure if that's good.
  • edited February 2012

C-bet little over half pot, board is dry so there's very little for your opponent; in hindsight this could have helped you get off the hand on later streets.

As played(your bet is a little too big imo), still its a fold because 1.you have invested little(could be less) 2. It's very marginal; could probably find a better spot. 3. in a polarised spot, as rule of thumb(with little invested) v a unknown player (or very little reads) just fold its easier.

• edited February 2012
    I prob just bet flop

As played its tricky, prob fold
  • edited February 2012
    Evil at NL4 i have seen plenty of plays like you say someone overplaying A8 so taking that into account it aint the worst call.I think your problem here was having no reads on the player concerned which obviously makes your decision so much harder.