You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

QQ in BB, facing 3bet from SB

edited February 2012 in The Poker Clinic

Unknown villian, do we give credit or is QQ too strong to fold?

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
Tens Small blind  £0.05 £0.05 £10.06
NColley Big blind  £0.10 £0.15 £9.55
  Your hole cards
  • Q
  • Q

kungkhie Raise  £0.30 £0.45 £5.88
maruff Fold     
HewJanus Fold     
bighandjon Call  £0.30 £0.75 £11.90
Tens Raise  £1.60 £2.35 £8.46
NColley

Comments

• edited February 2012
    Tbh im probably making it £4.50 now if he shoves im calling ,3rd best hand so imo dont call, 4 bet him in that pos.
  • edited February 2012
    Is his name a clue to the hand he is holding? :)

readless, im clicking all in and closing my eyes, even in the nitville of 10nl!

Hes bound to have AA though innit
  • edited February 2012
    They say the narrower a players range, the easier he is to play against...

But that only works if you're good @ trusting your reads & playing according to the trends you see & not being curious/a total station.

Like this spot is much easier against a good agro player innit.

1 of the many sigh spots you're gonna get @ nl10! (most will include QQ & AK)

even if we jam n he shows AA/KK it doesn't rly tell us anything about his 3b range duz it..........We're still as readless as before, all we know is he 3bets the nuts pre? Who duznt. 

I prob just shove.

btw if I'm villain you can shove QQ here and get me to snap muck KK ;) Image ftw. 

• edited February 2012
    In Response to Re: QQ in BB, facing 3bet from SB:
    They say the narrower a players range, the easier he is to play against... But that only works if you're good @ trusting your reads & playing according to the trends you see & not being curious/a total station. Like this spot is much easier against a good agro player innit. 1 of the many sigh spots you're gonna get @ nl10! (most will include QQ & AK) even if we jam n he shows AA/KK it doesn't rly tell us anything about his 3b range duz it..........We're still as readless as before, all we know is he 3bets the nuts pre? Who duznt.  I prob just shove. btw if I'm villain you can shove QQ here and get me to snap muck KK ;) Image ftw. 
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    I think you'd be suprised about my game, I feel like I've opened up my ranges, particularly in late position and 3betting range alot.
    Although this is the SB so it is my tightest spot!

FWIW I did shove.
  • edited February 2012
    all in

dont mind flatting either
  • edited February 2012
    aginst a deeper stack i might even flat call the 3 bet it is a big 3 bet but as he only got £9 im happy to get it in here id make it 4 quid against deeper stack id play it different