You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

FOR ATTENTION OF SKY DAVE

edited February 2012 in The Sky Poker Tour
Hi Dave,Just a question on the possibility of direct buy in's to the SPT's, don't you think that possibly being able to buy in direct near the end of the registration period leads to people not playing the sattelites for entry, but waiting to buy in direct. It also seems unfair on the people who may try to qualify through satellites maybe two, three or more attempts up to the direct buy in cost. I think it should be clear that there are to be no direct buy ins, end of. . The less people playing to qualify in sattelites the more seats needed to be filled by direct buy ins. Thanks for hopefully reading this and giving a considered response.

Comments

• SPTSPT
    edited February 2012
    I'll take this as I have seen it first

the Aim is always to sell out SPT events via Online satellites only.

The stated strategy is

"Direct Buy-Ins are NOT available except for Priority Club members. This may change at a later date if seats remain available.

Some additional seats MAY become available later.
    "

It is most likely that direct buy in for Brighton will not open at all. More of a possibility that a direct buy in for Glasgow happens, but no guarantee at this stage for either venue..both being just my opinions

If we were to state "no direct buy ins under any circumstances" and for whatever reason an event does not sell out online, then we are left with a part sold event. Flexibility is key here. As Sky Poker is paying considerable sums to venues and to put on the tour (live streaming, camera crew, staff etc) it makes sense for them to keep the option open, for direct entry, if required, so events sell out.

Put direct entry on at the start? Well maybe but one of the things that helps pay for the tour is the online satellites....they are always going to be the focus at the start of the process of filling an event

• edited February 2012
    In Response to Re: FOR ATTENTION OF SKY DAVE:
    I'll take this as I have seen it first the Aim is always to sell out SPT events via Online satellites only. The stated strategy is " Direct Buy-Ins are NOT available except for Priority Club members. This may change at a later date if seats remain available. Some additional seats MAY become available later. " It is most likely that direct buy in for Brighton will not open at all. More of a possibility that a direct buy in for Glasgow happens, but no guarantee at this stage for either venue..both being just my opinions If we were to state "no direct buy ins under any circumstances" and for whatever reason an event does not sell out online, then we are left with a part sold event. Flexibility is key here. As Sky Poker is paying considerable sums to venues and to put on the tour (live streaming, camera crew, staff etc) it makes sense for them to keep the option open, for direct entry, if required, so events sell out. Put direct entry on at the start? Well maybe but one of the things that helps pay for the tour is the online satellites....they are always going to be the focus at the start of the process of filling an event
    Posted by SPT
    Thankyou for your considered reply which I quite understand the reasons for not wanting to be left with empty spaces. I did not mean direct buys ins from the start,probably my fault in the wording of the question. Just for consideration, how about putting a proviso on, that any direct buy in's available will be offered firstly to those who had attempted to obtain a seat via sattelites unnsuccesfuly, I think this proviso would be fair if it could be managed. Thanks again for your time.
  • SPTSPT
    edited February 2012
    hello, I am replying to your reply :-)

I don't like the idea of more administrative complexity, especially against a background of time usually being short when direct buy in opens.

I will ask the powers that be if it is feasible from an IT perspective though. If the answer is yes, it then becomes a question of if it is administratively possible.
  • edited February 2012
    In Response to Re: FOR ATTENTION OF SKY DAVE:
    hello, I am replying to your reply :-) I don't like the idea of more administrative complexity, especially against a background of time usually being short when direct buy in opens. I will ask the powers that be if it is feasible from an IT perspective though. If the answer is yes, it then becomes a question of if it is administratively possible.
    Posted by SPT
    Thanks for this,I'm only trying to get more people playing the sattelites and not just waiting for the direct buy ins ;o))