You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

How to play KK pre... NL10

edited February 2012 in The Poker Clinic
1-DAY Small blind  £0.05 £0.05 £13.87
Pysterman Big blind  £0.10 £0.15 £8.64
 Your hole cards
  • K
  • K

Robbo67 Fold     
Dixie_D Raise  £0.30 £0.45 £9.55
stejomi Fold     
Massive2k Raise  £0.90 £1.35 £10.01
1-DAY Fold     
Pysterman
Do I make a standard 4-bet, or should I just shove here?

Comments

• edited February 2012
    Make it £2.40 and don't fold.
  • edited February 2012
    In Response to Re: How to play KK pre... NL10:
    Make it £2.40 and don't fold.
    Posted by Dudeskin8
    If I'm flat called, how would I deal with an Ace on the flop?
  • edited February 2012
  • edited February 2012

Don't worry about the that, 4 bet to get stacks in

if someone flats your 4 bet then lolz
    seriously don't worry about that until it happens

If someone does flat your 4 bet then cover screen with hand and shove flop )

Pretend they never flatted and just get it in )

• edited February 2012

make it 2.20 and call it off

dont hate a flat either

• edited February 2012
    for me I am almost never calling 3bets/4bets. I am worried about just one hand.

When he raises he could have any two cards- connecting cards

The 3better it really depends on past history here, but he might 3bet with 10s or better or AJ or better. You can't infer these things too much though as some people do 3bet bluff.

Either way, your two Kings are far far ahead of the 3betting range.

I like grantarino's bet size suggestion here. About 2.3x the 3bet of 2.20 which probably would make the raiser fold and the other might shove fold or call here. If he is to 5bet here, he would make it 6 quid (3.80 more) and you would then 6bet shove for about that (3.80 on top of that).

There is absolutely no way you can fold Kings.

If he calls the pot is going to be £4.75 less rake which is 5% I think somewhere round about £4.30 here. You bet around 2.70 and snap call any shove.

If the dreaded ace comes on the flop its a nightmare, but you still have to make this bet. Its a spot that proves why good bankroll management is important, because you could potentially be betting 2.70 into a blackhole, but you have to take this risk if he has a hand that doesn't have an ace in. If he check shoves which will put you all in for about £3.80. This gives you £3.80 to call to win a pot of £10.80. I think when you have invested over half your stack at this point you may have to call even if you don't like it

Sorry about the digression, but you most definitely have to 4-bet here and be comfortable getting it all in before the flop and if he has AA or AJ and hits an A, then its a cooler