You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

help/thoughts on these nl4 hands please

edited February 2012 in The Poker Clinic
Hand 1. (Played ok?)

Villain could have any 2 cards here was playing every hand! Do I raise more pre, if so how much? I have to call on his raise on flop???
rich-a-64 Small blind  £0.02 £0.02 £5.09
Mart1955 Big blind  £0.04 £0.06 £2.32
 Your hole cards
  • J
  • J

chevypun28 Call  £0.04 £0.10 £9.09
waller02 Raise  £0.24 £0.34 £3.14
Margot86 Fold     
rich-a-64 Call  £0.22 £0.56 £4.87
Mart1955 Fold     
chevypun28 Call  £0.20 £0.76 £8.89
Flop

• J

rich-a-64 Check     
chevypun28 Bet  £0.20 £0.96 £8.69
waller02 Raise  £1.07 £2.03 £2.07
rich-a-64 All-in  £4.87 £6.90 £0.00
chevypun28 Fold     
waller02
Hand 2.

The villain is one of the better players I have come across at this level. But he could be making this move with KQ, flush draw etc...What is my best move here????
waller02 Small blind  £0.02 £0.02 £3.94
maccn Big blind  £0.04 £0.06 £1.40
 Your hole cards
  • A
  • K

LIPPUP99 Fold     
shunto69 Call  £0.04 £0.10 £4.87
IXOYS Fold     
Matt00 Call  £0.04 £0.14 £7.69
waller02 Raise  £0.24 £0.38 £3.70
maccn Fold     
shunto69 Call  £0.22 £0.60 £4.65
Matt00 Fold     
Flop

• K

waller02 Bet  £0.45 £1.05 £3.25
shunto69 Raise  £0.90 £1.95 £3.75
waller02 ??
After some comments I will reveal how the hands finished up so feel free to guess their hands

Comments

• edited February 2012
    1- raise flop smaller, fistpump call now

2- does he usually openraise? I prob just get it in without a clear read, but if he usually openraises pre this will be 22,33 lots
  • edited February 2012
    In Response to Re: help/thoughts on these nl4 hands please:
    1- raise flop smaller, fistpump call now 2- does he usually openraise? I prob just get it in without a clear read, but if he usually openraises pre this will be 22,33 lots
    Posted by grantorino
    can i just ask why raise flop smaller?

as for hand 2, i raised pre, not sure what you mean?
  • edited February 2012
    well I make flop smaller cos u can make it less and still shove turn. He also might think he has some FE if he 3bets, but at 4nl it prob makes very little difference

Hand 2, you described villain as decent, but he openlimped, does this effect his range?
  • edited February 2012
    In Response to Re: help/thoughts on these nl4 hands please:
    well I make flop smaller cos u can make it less and still shove turn. He also might think he has some FE if he 3bets, but at 4nl it prob makes very little difference Hand 2, you described villain as decent, but he openlimped, does this effect his range?
    Posted by grantorino
    ah right, i get ya now sorry. yeah could easily mean he could have 22 33 and he would prob have raised with KQ, could also have a hand like j10s or other flush draw possibilities. I put him on the flush draw tbh and if this is the case am I right to get the lot in?
  • edited February 2012
    1. You have top set, snap call lolz.

2. Agree if decent REG it's not gonna be KQ/KJ much and probz 22/33 raising for value. It's sick folding TPTK but if you're reads are solid then it's fine.
  • edited February 2012
    Hand 1 played fine IMO as long as u call everyday of week

Hand 2 could be either way if you think he's solid(doubt it as hes open limped) then 22/33 alot of his range. if not 100% sure on villain can call and make a note for next time min re-raises nuts or top pair good kicker etc

• edited February 2012
    hand 1 - of course i snapped it off, but is there ever an argument for folding there? he had flopped the nut flush and won the pot

hand 2 - my reads weren't solid i'm afraid! put him on flush draw, re-raised, he shoved and i still called, he didn't have a set he had 23s......i thought a lot less of the guy!! lol
  • edited February 2012
    Hand 1: at NL4 there often comes a point where you have to ignore all that stuff about relative hand strength - "I only have top set, he could have the flush". Don't worry it's NL4 the villian could easily be thinking "The spade is definatly going to come this time, I just know it, I have a feeling. Plus I have an eight even if it doesn't".
    Even if he does have the flush you have 7 outs and will have 3 more outs after the turn, you still have a 35% chance of beating As6s. Call it off and pray for a paired board on the turn. Trust me most times when you have a set your opponent will not have flopped a flush.

Hand 2: You need reads to fold this hand. If it's an unknown then you have to go all in on the flop after the raise. Could easily be two clubs, worse king or a pocket pair that doesn't believe you. However if this guy is a reg then he will almost certainly have 22 or 33. No reg would take this line with anything other than 22 or 33. It could be a big draw but limp calling with A4s/A5s/45s is very bad and I don't think a NL4 reg would do this.
  • edited February 2012
    raise a little more pre 1-2 bb

both hands - get it in
  • edited February 2012

Hi,

Thank you for your post,

If you would like us to analyse your hand on the poker clinic on our live TV show please do let us know which tournament/cash table the hand is from and also your hand ID.

Poker Clinic is every Thursday at 8pm.

All the best

Sky Poker TV Team.