You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

dealing with tilt/downswing?

edited February 2012 in The Poker Clinic
hi guys i`m havin a horrid time on the tables the last 3 days I`m currently playing 10nl at the moment and before 3 days ago i was up 12 bi`s in like a 4/5 days at that level but over last 3 days I`m down 10 bi`s running really bad but by running bad I`m also tilting big time which is always been a big leak in my game so I was wondering what you guys have done in the past to overcome it or any advice would be great thank you.

liamboi11

Comments

• edited February 2012
    I see one hand set over set, if that's how your running then it will pass

Look through your hands and ensure you doing nothing bad
    If all is ok then just have heart that the upswing is coming )
  • edited February 2012
    take a break if you feel tilty

play tighter than normal

when there are close decisions choose fold

These last two arent good advice normally, but I find they help when I am on tilt or spewy

You are up 2 bi over 7/8 days, its not so bad. You prob ran good first 4/5 now you ran bad, c'est poker
  • edited February 2012
    play more tables so you dont see the bad beats.  sometimes when im playing lots of tables i go all in on one table and then have to click back through hand history to see what happened :)

on a serious note at NL10

play tight, play position, play fish
  • edited February 2012
    yeah gt i did run gd when i went back to 10nl but over the last 2 weeks i`ve built ma bankroll from 40 to 330 just grindin from 4nl to 10nl.

I usually do grind from small amount till a get to 50nl bankroll roughly(1k) then end up withdrawing it or most of it start again because find 50nl too tough.

but regards to running bad yeah i do get the variance etc just find it hard when i feel i`m doin everything right just to get sucked out or coolered  then a tilt a buyin away because I`m so annoyed lol.

but will try some things you said cheers.
  • edited February 2012
    In Response to Re: dealing with tilt/downswing?:
    play more tables so you dont see the bad beats.  sometimes when im playing lots of tables i go all in on one table and then have to click back through hand history to see what happened :) on a serious note at NL10 play tight, play position, play fish
    Posted by huuuuume
    usually play anything from 4-6 tables and also most of the time i`m playin a taggy style not always if i`m honest but always position and try to get pots with the weaker players.

you still playin 50nl?
  • edited February 2012
    Your be alright have a small break mate like a few days and then pick weak tables :) 
  • edited February 2012
    I see one hand set over set, if that's how your running then it will pass Look through your hands and ensure you doing nothing bad If all is ok then just have heart that the upswing is coming )
    Posted by rancid
    yeah m8 just getting sucked out on or coolered mostly with the odd tilty allin lol like you said just need to have the heart to get through it and get back to winning ways hows 10nl goin for you?
  • edited February 2012
    Had a similar swing last summer and posted a similar thread to the one you posted. I tried to play more volume to decrease variance, i tightened up my range, i tried MTT's, SNG's, none of it worked.

The thing that really helped me was the fact that i really scrutinised my own play. Checked hand histories, posted loads in the clinic and realised that i wasnt playing well at all due to my confidence being knocked. As luck would have it i was going to the Lakes for 5 days and the small break worked wonders and i came back refreshed and with my confidence renewed and off i went again!

Good luck.
  • edited February 2012
    yeah gt i did run gd when i went back to 10nl but over the last 2 weeks i`ve built ma bankroll from 40 to 330 just grindin from 4nl to 10nl. I usually do grind from small amount till a get to 50nl bankroll roughly(1k) then end up withdrawing it or most of it start again because find 50nl too tough. but regards to running bad yeah i do get the variance etc just find it hard when i feel i`m doin everything right just to get sucked out or coolered  then a tilt a buyin away because I`m so annoyed lol. but will try some things you said cheers.
    Posted by liamboi11

you need to ackwnowledge that to do this you have ran well, and over the past few days that is the luck side of poker evening itself out a bit. if you feel like you are going to tilt off a buyin then just quit after you suffer a badbeat/cooler
  • edited February 2012
    thanks for all the advice guys will take it all on board
  • edited February 2012
    Come tilt on my tables please?

Best way of untilting youreslf? just open shove every hand until you have made the ammount you lost back from stealing dem blinds, if someone calls you double up faster, simples.
  • edited February 2012
    haha fail quickest way to lose ya bankroll :)
  • edited February 2012
    ghjIn Response to Re: dealing with tilt/downswing?:
    haha fail quickest way to win million$ :)
    Posted by IDONKCALLU
    Fixed (like frenzy satellites)
  • edited February 2012

Hi liambio,

If you post your hand ID's and which table you are playing, providing its from a TV table, we will do our best to show you on our live show where you are going wrong.

All the best

Sky Poker TV Team.
  • edited February 2012
    Hi liambio, If you post your hand ID's and which table you are playing, providing its from a TV table, we will do our best to show you on our live show where you are going wrong. All the best Sky Poker TV Team.
    Posted by SkyPokerTV
    most the tables i play is the action tables but when i play tv tables will post the hand id thanks sky
  • edited February 2012
    found two hands from mastercash tables yesterday that a lost roughly 100bbs

478975066 master cash table 2

478922221 master cash table 8

prob played them both bad but any feedback would be great at any point in the hands