You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

SPT Brighton Satellite - Could I have held on longer?

edited February 2012 in The Poker Clinic
There was 12 left, top 6 get a seat, 7th gets £88, and I was either 9th or 10th.

Should I have folded here and waited for a better spot (I.E. where I don't have to get through the whole table) or is it fairly standard with my stack. I know it's a satellite... looking back I think I could have waited, probably would have preferred doing it with 56s from the SB or button (unopened) but I dunno if that's cos I know the result now.

Thoughts please...
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
sara36dd08 Small blind   150.00 150.00 1750.00
tyger Big blind   300.00 450.00 6195.00
  Your hole cards
  • A
  • J

Lambert180 All-in   3275.00 3725.00 0.00
gbo1981 Fold        
Earl_Gray Fold        
ray1958 Fold        
sara36dd08 Fold        
tyger Call   2975.00 6700.00 3220.00
tyger Show

Lambert180 Show
  • A
  • J

Flop

• K

Turn

• J

River

tyger Win Full House, 8s and 4s 6700.00   9920.00

Comments

• edited February 2012
    After playing too many DYM's you realise you can hold on for a long time even with a tiny amount of blinds simply by shoving from the Btn/SB in unopened pots.

From here it is a DYM with half getting a seat, although you're currently less than 6th so need chips. A10 I would probz fold here but AJ feels like the tipping point for shoving so can't say it's awful plus it looks stronger from your position.
  • edited February 2012
    I'm amazed that Tyger has called with 88 here. Facing an UTG shove, he's flipping at best. UL that you got called by a hand which shouldn't really have called and then losing the hand.
  • edited February 2012
    wait for a better spot

shoving UTG looks big but you don't want the blinds do you
    because your shoving from UTG your going to be called by better and you were

it's a good call from the bb if you have been opneing smaller with prem hands ep
    If your shoving AJ UTG then you'll have to shove AA UTG with 11 bigs

11 bigs in a sat is still workable, no rush )

• edited February 2012
    u lost a flip yawn
  • edited February 2012
    Hi,  

Thank you for your post,

If you would like us to analyse your hand on the poker clinic on our live TV show please do let us know which tournament/cash table the hand is from and also your hand ID.

Poker Clinic is every Thursday at 8pm.

All the best

Sky Poker TV Team.

• edited February 2012
    In Response to Re: SPT Brighton Satellite - Could I have held on longer?:
    wait for a better spot shoving UTG looks big but you don't want the blinds do you because your shoving from UTG your going to be called by better and you were it's a good call from the bb if you have been opneing smaller with prem hands ep If your shoving AJ UTG then you'll have to shove AA UTG with 11 bigs 11 bigs in a sat is still workable, no rush )
    Posted by rancid
    Well the only time I'd been opening smaller was when I had a big enough stack to raise/fold. Other than that, I'd just been minraising every unopened SB because the guy in my BB just kept folding without a fight
  • edited February 2012
    In Response to Re: SPT Brighton Satellite - Could I have held on longer?:
    u lost a flip yawn
    Posted by YOUNG_GUN
    Yes YG, I'm aware I lost a flip lol, I'm questioning whether I went to early, and looking back at it I think I did. I'd have been better doing it with hands alot worse than AJ but from better positions.
  • edited February 2012
    Hand Details

SPT Brighton satellite (the tuesday one) and hand ID was