You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

river blocker bet fails spew stack?

edited February 2012 in The Poker Clinic
no idea what to put this guy on 89 maybe? the only hands i can see that im beating are aq kq. thoughts please
btw i folded in the end
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
milser Small blind   £0.04 £0.04 £5.50
d27 Big blind   £0.08 £0.12 £9.00
  Your hole cards
  • J

jams88 Raise   £0.24 £0.36 £7.89
Boxster Call   £0.24 £0.60 £13.36
nu Fold        
Arteta4 Fold        
milser Call   £0.20 £0.80 £5.30
d27 Fold        
Flop

• Q
  • J

milser Check        
jams88 Bet   £0.60 £1.40 £7.29
Boxster Raise   £1.20 £2.60 £12.16
milser Fold        
jams88 Call   £0.60 £3.20 £6.69
Turn

jams88 Check        
Boxster Bet   £0.75 £3.95 £11.41
jams88 Call   £0.75 £4.70 £5.94
River

jams88 Bet   £0.72 £5.42 £5.22
Boxster Raise   £5.33 £10.75 £6.08

Comments

• edited February 2012
    easy fold imo looks like flopped str8 or a set 
  • edited February 2012
    In Response to Re: river blocker bet fails spew stack?:
    easy fold imo looks like flopped str8 or a set 
    Posted by IDONKCALLU
    Not sure about opening JTo UTG. It's so much easier to play this type of situation in possition. Would rather just open fold to be honest
  • edited February 2012
    Yeah at NL8 I snap fold J10o UTG, CO/OTB defo open but just too early for me. 

He could be minraising with a FD but most randoms just call, you also have a pretty strong hand on the flop so it could just be a 2pr v 2pr cooler.

Not sure why you randomly lead river after call on flop and c/c on turn, if anything it's a c/c here as well or possible c/f if it's massive.
  • edited February 2012
    get it in on flop or fold

if not

c/c turn, c/c river
  • edited February 2012
    fold pre

3bet flop and get it in

as played c/c river
  • edited February 2012
    Imo that river bet is so weak if i was up against you there and you bet 72p into £4.70 on river i would shove on you because your showing extreme weakness and look like you are likely to fold to a shove but thats just my opinion i would call of in this spot, what was you looking to hit when you called pre? Trips straight or 2 pair now you got them i think you have to stack of at this limit!
  • edited February 2012

Hi,
    Thank you for your post,

If you would like us to analyse your hand on the poker clinic on our live TV show please do let us know which tournament/cash table the hand is from and also your hand ID.

Poker Clinic is every Thursday at 8pm.

All the best

Sky Poker TV Team.

• edited February 2012
    i opened utg as this was a tight table and often a raise preflop was enough to take down the blinds or a cbet if not. Also i often here it said that you dont need to be the best player on a cash table to make money what i was trying to do here was get into pots with the blinds who i thought i had an edge on, and would also have position post flop. Getting called by another villian usually i can give up at this point but i flopped pretty good so continued
    The river bet was meant as a blocker as his bet on the turn confused me abit and wasnt sure if the viliain was stil drawing obviously if its the flush he has hit whereas if he was opened ended on the flop with a pair may just call here? Having read throgh the thread now it seems an easier descion to make just my mind wasnt working fast enough to be certain i was behind in the 15 secs to know where i was at the time
    Thanks for the replies