You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Bankroll for DYMs

edited February 2012 in The Poker Clinic
Hi,

I built a lot of my bankroll on this site playing DYMs, mostly £2.25.

Having a bit more of a bankroll than I used to, I now play mostly £3.30 games (which is preferable as the fee is proportionally less).

I very occasionally dip into £5.50 games.

Given that I have been successful at all levels up to £5.50 over 1028 games in total (except being slightly down over 45 games at the 60p level), how much money do people think I should have in my bankroll to play these at the various levels?

Comments

• edited February 2012
    Well I started with £50 at the £2.25 level so 22 BI's and dropped down badly to around £35 but eventually ground it up to £72.60 to have a shot at £3.30 which went well enough to never move back down. I then did the same to £121 for £5.50 but just couldn't break through that force-field of safety and wasn't able to stabalise, I had about 3 attempts at this but eventually decided to just plug away at £3.30.

The new plan I made was to build up 40 BI's at £5.50, £220, and then give myself a chunky 10BI swing with which to put down the foundations, the other good thing with this is even if I lose 10BI's I still have 50BI's at £3.30 which is ample to build back up again.

Obviously all these numbers point to a very tight BRM strategy but trust me when the variance hits the fan it feels very good as opposed to 2 shots with Johnconners's idea which even if you win both can still VERY easily lose 4 on the spin.

Moving on from this I would need 40BI's for £11, £440, but this time I wold give myself a 15BI swing (better players etc) down to £275, i.e still 50BI's at £5.50.

Also fairly obvious but if you have the BR you should NEVER willingly play the £2.25 level as it's burning money even if you win.

Oh and good luck, but not on my tables lol