You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Show massive strength to a very loose player.

edited February 2012 in The Poker Clinic
cleaverjim Small blind  £0.10 £0.10 £18.89
nin777 Big blind  £0.10 £0.20 £9.80
 Your hole cards

quinny76 Call  £0.10 £0.30 £4.75
Smint Raise  £0.50 £0.80 £1.70
wires26 Fold     
cleaverjim Raise  £2.40 £3.20 £16.49
nin777 Fold     
quinny76 Fold     
Smint All-in  £1.70 £4.90 £0.00
cleaverjim Unmatched bet  £0.30 £4.60 £16.79
cleaverjim Show

Smint Show
  • Q

Flop

Turn

River

Smint Win Straight to the 7 £4.25  £4.25

Comments

• edited February 2012
    Not upset by the outcome but i do struggle with some peoples calls on low limit cash poker.Would any of you forum buds of called my bet with his hand?
  • edited February 2012

Really don't understand the logic of some people, you post this in the poker clinic, a clear bad beat post and then you ask a question in which you already know the answer.

If villian has AA/KK/QQ/JJ/1010/99 this topic wouldn't of been posted.

• edited February 2012
    In Response to Re: Show massive strength to a very loose player.:
    Really don't understand the logic of some people, you post this in the poker clinic, a clear bad beat post and then you ask a question in which you already know the answer. If villian has AA/KK/QQ/JJ/1010/99 this topic wouldn't of been posted.
    Posted by NColley
    Lol,,The question on who would call?So i can try and get percentages on low level cash,Its hardly a bad beat tbh but you seem to have not read the op correctly.

In low level cash you do get strange calls but i wondered if most would call as he has 50p in already.
  • edited February 2012
    think most of us would not 5x wae q5 off  so cant say we would call because we dont get in that spot in 1st place but very unlucky the way the hand played m8
  • edited February 2012
    I think its a bad call after your re-raise. Your range could include AA AK KK AQ QQ. Wouldn't fancy £1.70 more with a Q 5 against your play. If you had the same situation against the same player, do the same!
    Unlucky though.
  • edited February 2012
    In Response to Re: Show massive strength to a very loose player.:
    I think its a bad call after your re-raise. Your range could include AA AK KK AQ QQ. Wouldn't fancy £1.70 more with a Q 5 against your play. If you had the same situation against the same player, do the same! Unlucky though.
    Posted by Arteta4
    Funny enough 3 hands later i pushed him all in with KK he called with K 9 so got it all back.

:)
  • edited February 2012
    Wash the villain short stacking all game or had he just lost a chunk of it ?

If he was short stacking throughout and raising big/shoving lots then he's just trying to spin up.

You shouldn't be worried about what other players are doing anyway, it's their money and they can do what they want.

As for your play........with a player left to act behind you i'm not sure i'd 3bet there.

I may do if the player behind was playing very tight but then i'd make it around £1.60 and not £2.40.