You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

77 Shadow Street?

edited February 2012 in The Shed
 Why was 77 Shadow Street removed?
 Was there a complaint or was it removed on a Mods discretion?
 It was a game based on a piece of literature, yes it was a bit spooky but there was a warning before anyone started playing it.
 If it was not removed because it was spooky (Not that anyone of a nervous disposition would play it when warned) then I would like to know why it was removed. Did anyone actually play it before censoring it?
 Ps I have faced far scarier situations playing poker than anything that appeared in this game!

Comments

• edited February 2012
    Hi Donut    I think someone said on the thread he had played the game and others commented on it.  I tried to look at it but it would not let me play it.  I gave up.   If its been removed it must have broken the new rules which are much stricter. Don't get disheartened keep posting things you feel are interesting and that we would like to see.  Hugs xx 

"Like Benny used to say."  You win some you lose some.!  

• edited February 2012
     Thats all I want to know is why? It would be nice to get some feed back from someone in the know.
     Dean Koontz is a fine writer and if a game like this encourages people to maybe pick up a book now and then rather watching truely awfull TV like Jeremy Kyle I would think that is a good thing.
  • edited February 2012
    I have loads of Posts and Threads deleted,  please don't take it personally just another day at the office for the MODs.? 

The fact they did not talk to you means this was low key Naughtiness and slap wrists only.!!  Hugs xxx
  • edited February 2012
    In Response to Re: 77 Shadow Street?:
    I have loads of Posts and Threads deleted,  please don't take it personally just another day at the office for the MODs.?  The fact they did not talk to you means this was low key Naughtiness and slap wrists only.!!  Hugs xxx
    Posted by logdon
    Or maybe its because the first post came up as anonymous and didnt know who to warn!

IT WAS ME!

I am the one who tried to premote litrature rather than football, movies or gambling, what a fool I have been! LOL
  • edited February 2012
    No Fool like an OLD Fool  or the Fool on the Hill   If you can Fool some of the peo   Night Night Hugs xxx
  • edited February 2012
    In Response to Re: 77 Shadow Street? : Or maybe its because the first post came up as anonymous and didnt know who to warn!  IT WAS ME!  I am the one who tried to premote litrature rather than football, movies or gambling, what a fool I have been! LOL
    Posted by Donut64
    Sorry, but lol.!!!!!!!!!
  • edited February 2012
    In Response to Re: 77 Shadow Street? : Sorry, but lol.!!!!!!!!!
    Posted by davelufc
     So you think Im flogging a dead horse here then? :D
  • edited February 2012

are you trying to flogg black beauty i will buy the horse from you,what,s your price donut luv paige xxxif you have a spare copy of Jeffrey archer,s not a penny more ,not a penny less i will also like to buy that book from you xxxx

• edited February 2012
    are you trying to flogg black beauty i will buy the horse from you,what,s your price donut luv paige xxxif you have a spare copy of Jeffrey archer,s not a penny more ,not a penny less i will also like to buy that book from you xxxx
    Posted by paige55
     LOl I dont have any of those I generally read Dean Koontz or John Saul and when I have read them I take them to a charity shop.
     Ps if anyone can recommend other authers of similar ilk please let me know, but not King or Herbert as I find these over rated!
  • edited February 2012
    Hi donut,im a bit mixed up about your author dean knootz, i have read alot of novel,s by dean krontz,i think that was his name,he was a horror writer,all the novel,s i have of his are some where in my loft,but he sure new how to scare you, hope this help,s paige xxx
  • edited February 2012
     Its Dean Koontz and he is classed by most as a Horror writer but he his so much more, most of his books include mystery, suspence and a bit of wit.

He weaves together a good story and there is a lot of subtext in his books and like life not everything is as it seems. His heroes often have had bad childhoods or some major tragedy in their life that could have easly made them bitter and been the bad guy. The people that cause bad things to happen dont always realise they are the bad guys because they did what they did with good intentions.

Also often you only find out what characters find out when they do so you end up living the story with them.
     The really amazing thing about Koontz is he seems to write books as quick as I read them and very rarely drops below the standard of brilliant.

The only author better than him at story telling in my view is John Saul, he really does paint a picture in your mind and makes even the most unbelivable things seem real. His writing lacks Koontz wit but he uses a lot less pretentious words than most authors which in turn makes him very easy to read.

Unfortunatly he is not as a prolific writer as Koontz so there are a lot less of his books to find. Also for some reason he is not as well known as some, I would call less talented writers.