You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Analyse this

edited February 2012 in The Poker Clinic
I obviously love the flop here and lead out hoping to get A+, straight and flush draws to tag along. Villain's very large reraise makes me think he has flopped a set but t I recognise I hold a couple of blockers. I think Kx of spades is more than likely so jam. Obvious I'm pleased with his hand and then the turn card to kill it off but how do you think both of us played it? Can I ever just flat the reraise and risk losing value or seeing a scary turn card? Villain should surely flat here with btm pair and a flush draw but does he have to call off his stack once I put him all-in?
chinooka21 Small blind   £0.20 £0.20 £58.35
elbows7 Big blind   £0.40 £0.60 £53.46
  Your hole cards
  • J
  • A

baldie14 Fold        
SJspanky1 Raise   £1.60 £2.20 £40.07
Patito Call   £1.60 £3.80 £37.96
BILLBOY3 Fold        
chinooka21 Call   £1.40 £5.20 £56.95
elbows7 Fold        
Flop

• J
  • A

chinooka21 Check        
SJspanky1 Bet   £3.90 £9.10 £36.17
Patito Fold        
chinooka21 Raise   £9.60 £18.70 £47.35
SJspanky1 All-in   £36.17 £54.87 £0.00
chinooka21 Call   £30.47 £85.34 £16.88
chinooka21 Show

SJspanky1 Show
  • J
  • A

Turn

• A

River

SJspanky1 Win Full House, Aces and Jacks £83.54   £83.54

Comments

• edited February 2012
    I quite like his reraise on the flop.

You raise 4x preflop and its possible you have a hand like AK or AQ here. If you had either of those without the flush draw as well, he would be a marginal favourite with his two pair, set and flush draw outs. His play does depend on you not having flopped two pair which kills all but his set and flush draw outs - it would be tough to put you precisely on two pair the way the action went.

When he reraises you I think you had to shove here as there are a lot of horrible turn cards that could come on the turn which cause you problems. You shouldn't be afraid here as you have top two pair and if you are cautious then you are in the wrong business and you should play Snap or Monopoly haha. He is showing a lot of strength with his semi-bluff. You should get him all in whilst he has his draw as on the later streets, you are only going to get action from him if he takes the lead (unless he turns two pair). Played it right as he seemed intent on getting it in as well. Monster hand v Monster draw and the made hand won.

Well done
  • edited February 2012
    Had to give up Monopoly, the constant 4betting got to me!!! Nice hand breakdown, thanks!!
  • edited February 2012

Dunno why u posted this hand ???

• edited February 2012
    In Response to Re: Analyse this:
    Dunno why u posted this hand ???
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    +1

Dunno why half the hands are posted in here to be fair
  • edited February 2012
    i think you played hand spot on and overall think hand is standard tbh
  • edited February 2012

reads?

Hand is fine. If hes raised any hand with equity against you he will prob call it off, esp as most fds will have gutshots or a pair as well. I dont really like flatting as nearly all hands you likely beat may choose to give up on safe turns for you. If you know he bets his draws on blank turns you can maybe call

Villain played hand ok imo

• edited February 2012
    In Response to Re: Analyse this:
    In Response to Re: Analyse this : +1 Dunno why half the hands are posted in here to be fair
    Posted by CrazyBen23

At least he is contributing to the poker clinic, what annoys me most are people who don't add nowt to the discussion and pop in useless one-liners thinking they are being clever.

Hand: You read the hand well, i would not shove in a lot of scenarios there (esp heads up post flop for e.g)as you are losing value v a large range of hands, in that spot though i think its allways a shove nh.
  • edited February 2012
    all good baby ) wohoooooooooo clap hands
  • edited February 2012
    Wrong section mate.
  • edited February 2012
    In Response to Analyse this:
    I obviously love the flop here and lead out hoping to get A+, straight and flush draws to tag along. Villain's very large reraise makes me think he has flopped a set but t I recognise I hold a couple of blockers. I think Kx of spades is more than likely so jam. Obvious I'm pleased with his hand and then the turn card to kill it off but how do you think both of us played it? Can I ever just flat the reraise and risk losing value or seeing a scary turn card? Villain should surely flat here with btm pair and a flush draw but does he have to call off his stack once I put him all-in? chinooka21 Small blind   £0.20 £0.20 £58.35 elbows7 Big blind   £0.40 £0.60 £53.46   Your hole cards J A       baldie14 Fold         SJspanky1 Raise   £1.60 £2.20 £40.07 Patito Call   £1.60 £3.80 £37.96 BILLBOY3 Fold         chinooka21 Call   £1.40 £5.20 £56.95 elbows7 Fold         Flop     J A 8       chinooka21 Check         SJspanky1 Bet   £3.90 £9.10 £36.17 Patito Fold         chinooka21 Raise   £9.60 £18.70 £47.35 SJspanky1 All-in   £36.17 £54.87 £0.00 chinooka21 Call   £30.47 £85.34 £16.88 chinooka21 Show 10 8       SJspanky1 Show J A       Turn     A       River     7       SJspanky1 Win Full House, Aces and Jacks £83.54   £83.54
    Posted by SJspanky1
    Hi,

Could you please let us know the hand ID and table which its from and hopefully we'll be able to analyse it tomorrow at 8pm on the Poker Clinic.

All the best

TV Team