You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Horses for Cheltenham

Comments

• edited March 2012
    In Response to Re: Horses for Cheltenham:
    Alright folks. Flicking thru the Cheltenham stuff and I found this market. Looks like fun, as it will go on for the whole festival and come down to the final race no matter what happens..... Longest SP winner... Under 25/1 - 6/4 25/1 - 33/1 inclusive -11/10 ???? Over 33/1 - 4/1 What you guys think of that? Bound to be a winner above 33/1 int there?
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    hi, can you please tell me what site this is on cos anywhere ive checked around and largest i was getting was 15/8 for this outcome, i will defo be having a play at 4's if i can get it! cheers
  • edited March 2012
    i was planning sticking the fly, scotsirish and lady Q in a 4pts treble, pays over 7/1, but with the possibility of Unaccompanied lining up and taking on the latter in the Mares hurdle, i might be looking to her to cause an upset of sorts, much speedier type, top speed rating of 150 which is higher than those posted by Zarkander and Binocular who line up in the champion hurdle of course. Best price 11/2
  • edited March 2012
    I have numerous trebles already on for Cheltenham, if all the 'good things' win, the bookies are in for a hiding. But it will only take a couple to lose for the bookies satchels to be bulging. One decent priced horse I've backed in a single is Menorah, I'm on at 14's. If it stops clouting the last, it has every chance of storming up the hill. Sprinter Sacre is the one 'good thing' I'm strongly against. 

Best handicapped hurdler is Ted spread. Cruised to victory last time, cos it was held up and brought through after the last, hcp mark given is very generous at 132. Tried giving triumph hurdle fav' nearly a stone previous time out on a speedy track (Taunton). Back it for the Imperial Cup on Sat, and have a dabble on winning it, and the County Hurdle, bookies offering the double as a special. 

• edited March 2012
    As you know I faqncy Balgarry for whichever race he runs in at cheltenham. Tomorrow the horse he got first run on Nampour runs in 3.15 at Sandown. Will it win , well I dont know but if it does Balgarry will be even more of a good thing.

Father V
  • edited March 2012
    As you know I faqncy Balgarry for whichever race he runs in at cheltenham. Tomorrow the horse he got first run on Nampour runs in 3.15 at Sandown. Will it win , well I dont know but if it does Balgarry will be even more of a good thing. Father V
    Posted by vaigret
    Your burning the midnight oil Father!!!! In Glasgow for the SPT, hope they sell the racing post up here, though I'm certain my nap will be Teds Spread
  • edited March 2012
    Hello all i got myself a timeform book for cheltenham as i find this very usefull in finding winners i made a nice profit last year on reading this book so each day i shall be giving u the horses i think will win i have had a look at day 1 of the festivla so here it goes :) SUPREME NOVICES HURDLE: The irish have a great record in this race with a strike rate of 6 winners of the last 10 years horses that have won last time out have a good record aswell so theres 2 horses in this race i shall be backing which are STEPS TO FREEDOM  + MIDNIGHT GAME  win each and reverse f/c          
                                                                                                                                                                   right now we move on to the 2nd race ARKLE TROPHY: Horses rated 142 + have a excellent record in this race winning 11 out of the last 12 years of this race   5 year olds have a poor record in this race with this in mind i make this a 2 horse race horse i shall be backing are SPRINTRE SACRE  + PEDDLERS CROSS  who has a great record at cheltenham so at the prices i be on peddlers cross and a reverse f/c                                                                                                                                                                                           CHAMPION HURDLE: Irish have a great record in this race winning it 5 times in the last 9 years avoid horses aged 8 years old or older selections well this is my NAP for day 1 is HURRICANE FLYER beaten once in his last 11 starts when needing his seasonal reappearance he travels on the bridle like you wouldnt believe quickens immediately at the meriestflick of the wrists pings his hurdles so good luck if you want to take him on  win single    
  • edited March 2012
    Hello all i got myself a timeform book for cheltenham as i find this very usefull in finding winners i made a nice profit last year on reading this book so each day i shall be giving u the horses i think will win i have had a look at day 1 of the festivla so here it goes :) SUPREME NOVICES HURDLE: The irish have a great record in this race with a strike rate of 6 winners of the last 10 years horses that have won last time out have a good record aswell so theres 2 horses in this race i shall be backing which are STEPS TO FREEDOM  + MIDNIGHT GAME  win each and reverse f/c                                                                                                                                                                          right now we move on to the 2nd race ARKLE TROPHY: Horses rated 142 + have a excellent record in this race winning 11 out of the last 12 years of this race   5 year olds have a poor record in this race with this in mind i make this a 2 horse race horse i shall be backing are SPRINTRE SACRE  + PEDDLERS CROSS  who has a great record at cheltenham so at the prices i be on peddlers cross and a reverse f/c                                                                                                                                                                                           CHAMPION HURDLE: Irish have a great record in this race winning it 5 times in the last 9 years avoid horses aged 8 years old or older selections well this is my NAP for day 1 is HURRICANE FLYER beaten once in his last 11 starts when needing his seasonal reappearance he travels on the bridle like you wouldnt believe quickens immediately at the meriestflick of the wrists pings his hurdles so good luck if you want to take him on  win single    
    Posted by IDONKCALLU

Mr Donk, u need to think again on the Arkle. Peddlers Cross being a non runner since Wednesday. It's going for the Jewson

• edited March 2012
    Heres the hidden secret that many people have been trying to figure out for years. How to end cheltenham in profit

BACK BIG BUCKS!!!!!!

Oscar who????? Oscar who?????

1st Big Bucks 8/15fav
    2nd So Young 14/1
    3rd Thousand Stars 16/1
    10 lengths back to Oscar 'drank to much' whisky 9/2  in 4th
  • edited March 2012
    I have numerous trebles already on for Cheltenham, if all the 'good things' win, the bookies are in for a hiding. But it will only take a couple to lose for the bookies satchels to be bulging. One decent priced horse I've backed in a single is Menorah, I'm on at 14's. If it stops clouting the last, it has every chance of storming up the hill. Sprinter Sacre is the one 'good thing' I'm strongly against. 

Best handicapped hurdler is Ted spread. Cruised to victory last time, cos it was held up and brought through after the last, hcp mark given is very generous at 132. Tried giving triumph hurdle fav' nearly a stone previous time out on a speedy track (Taunton). Back it for the Imperial Cup on Sat, and have a dabble on winning it, and the County Hurdle, bookies offering the double as a special. 
    Posted by joesman1
    Tried having £200  on the double at 20/1 with Mr Power, but they would only lay 129.52 of it??? Come on Paddy I thought u liked laying bets!!! 
  • edited March 2012
    joesman -Good luck with Ted Spread (I dont mean it as you up against my nap Nampour LOL)

Hope you have a great day at the SPT.

Idonkcallu , good luck with Cheltenham and I hjave respect for Timeform but you didnt really need that book to give you those last two. Both odds on chances. What does your book say about the other races that day, now that would be nice info to have.

Big bucks dont disagree with you re Big bucks and wont be backing against it, however the collection wont stretch to backing such big odds on shots

Father V  
  • edited March 2012
    Nap double on timeform irish have a very good record in 1st race but think they have alot of challengers but midnight game and steps of frredom look the 2 that stand out anyway the Nap double is sprintre sacre and hurricane flyer dont know what odds they are but both look unbeatable on figures ratings etc good luck 
  • edited March 2012
    For a outsider in the champion hurdle rated highly and a big improver is zaidpour around 33/1 e/w 
  • edited March 2012
    Or u could just do everything that hugh taylor tips up hes in amazing form he had a 140/1 double yesterday would pay for most peoples cheltenham that alone but i do like to pick my own horses out for cheltenham well i shall be backing hes as hugh is on fireeeeeeeeeeee
  • edited March 2012
    OK so Nampour only came second today but franked Balgarry's chance next week
  • edited March 2012
    Just read about Party Politics winning the Grand National 5 days before 1992 General Election.

Will lightning strike twice with White Star Line winning the Pulteney a day after the 100th anniversary of the sinking of the Titanic.

Father V
  • edited March 2012
    without being pedantic (spelling) it was april 15th she sank, what with me being a keen Titanic enthusiast and all, but yeah, was thinking the exact same thing!!!! ackertac in the same race is one of my naps of the week, gone through the trends with fine tooth comb and he meets the lot, enough to sway me off my Favourite trainers Bless the wings, but yeah White star line winning in the year of the 100th anniversary, headlines already written for that one!
  • edited March 2012
    ***TUESDAYS SELECTIONS***

1.30PM Montbazon  10/1  2pts win
    2.40PM Fruity O' Rooney  25/1  1pt e/w
    3.20pm Rock On Ruby  12/1  1pt e/w     
    5.15pm Ackertac 12/1 2pts e/w
  • edited March 2012
    I think the Irish are going to draw first blood! 13th March.

My selection on the 1.30 Chelteham is  " Steps To Freedom"6/1

(Has beaten both Prospect Wells and Montbazon, giving them both weight,I see no reason why anything should change).

Cheltenham is very competitive and I usually dutch my bets.
    In this race I have also done Sous Les Cieux  89/1 e/w
                                                   Hinterland 94/1 e/w
  • edited March 2012
    I think the Irish are going to draw first blood! 13th March. My selection on the 1.30 Chelteham is  " Steps To Freedom"6/1 (Has beaten both Prospect Wells and Montbazon, giving them both weight,I see no reason why anything should change). Cheltenham is very competitive and I usually edge my bets. In this race I have also done Sous Les Cieux  89/1 e/w                                                Hinterland 94/1 e/w
    Posted by wynne1938
    no reason why anything should change? aye 'cos being novices theyre absolutely null and void to any improvement cough cough cough. to be fair to your prediction STF would have to go close, i see it being in top 5,  but 123 days since last run is a huge obstacle to overcome, though has shown handles course at least. beat montbazon in a bumper not over timber. montbazon has improved ten fold

your other two are most definately non runners

good luck with your selection
  • edited March 2012
    Sorry all got my dates wrong thought it was March 12th 1912. Silly boy

oh well still close enough LOL
  • edited March 2012
    I think the Irish are going to draw first blood! 13th March. My selection on the 1.30 Chelteham is  " Steps To Freedom"6/1 (Has beaten both Prospect Wells and Montbazon, giving them both weight,I see no reason why anything should change). Cheltenham is very competitive and I usually edge my bets. In this race I have also done Sous Les Cieux  89/1 e/w                                                Hinterland 94/1 e/w
    Posted by wynne1938
    Hinterland and Sous Les Cieux are both non runners , so I have added

Galileos Choice at 8/1
  • edited March 2012

Tuesday March 13th

2.05 Cheltenham.

I am going to oppose Sprinter Sacre, as Al Ferof beat him at cheltenham last year!

Alferof 7/2

and a little saver on  Menorah at 11.5 /1 ,if he stands he will be in the shake up!

• edited March 2012

Tuesday 13th march

2.40 Cheltenham  Zarafakt 17.5/1 e/w
                                 Nolan 29/1 e/w
                                 Hold on Julio 6.8/1   Win

• edited March 2012
    Tuesday 13th March

3.20  Cheltenham  Hurricane Fly  4/5

Won the champion Hurdle last year, so is the champion!
  • edited March 2012
    Night before the Arkle, can't believe Menorah is still 11/1 with Stan James. Gonna have to back it a FOURTH time. (prob have more egg on my face tomorrow). This horse is rated 9 lbs + better than all its rivals over hurdles. 13 lbs superior to the fav'. Its jumping isn't as bad as people make out. Hoping Cue Card makes it a real speed test, then watch Menorah storm up the hill. 
  • edited March 2012
    Night before the Arkle, can't believe Menorah is still 11/1 with Stan James. Gonna have to back it a FOURTH time. (prob have more egg on my face tomorrow). This horse is rated 9 lbs + better than all its rivals over hurdles. 13 lbs superior to the fav'. Its jumping isn't as bad as people make out. Hoping Cue Card makes it a real speed test, then watch Menorah storm up the hill. 
    Posted by joesman1[/QUOTE

*update* price went at 8.26pm, back to 10/1, but as I'd already deposited funds in my Stan James account still backed it again. 
  • edited March 2012
    In Response to Re: Horses for Cheltenham :
    Night before the Arkle, can't believe Menorah is still 11/1 with Stan James. Gonna have to back it a FOURTH time. (prob have more egg on my face tomorrow). This horse is rated 9 lbs + better than all its rivals over hurdles. 13 lbs superior to the fav'. Its jumping isn't as bad as people make out. Hoping Cue Card makes it a real speed test, then watch Menorah storm up the hill.  Posted by joesman1[/QUOTE *update* price went at 8.26pm, back to 10/1, but as I'd already deposited funds in my Stan James account still backed it again. 
    Posted by joesman1
    im putting him in my placer as well as having speculative 1 pt win on him just down to hes the only value left in race, course form and highest hurdles rating, captain chris went under radar last year and look what happened. favs hav stinking record also. heres hoping al ferof can follow him home and get a decent pot up for placepot which, even with the fly and lady q winning on card could pay a generous return if sprinter fails to place
  • edited March 2012
    Dutching my bets in this one!

Tuesday 13th March

4.00 Cheltenham     Scotsirish 3.6/1
                                    Uncle Junior 5.6/1
                                    Baltazar King 11/1
  • edited March 2012

Tuesday March 13th

4.40 Cheltenham   Quevega 1/2

Another banker, won this race last year!

• edited March 2012
    Tuesday March 13th

Last race of the day, many will be betting to recover there losses!

I'm dutching my bets again in this race.

5.15 Cheltenham     That'll Do 17/1
                                    Bless The Wings  7.8/1
                                    Carrick Boy  11.5/1
                                    Saint Are 47/1
                                     Ackertac  14.5/1