You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Playing without HEM or PT3

edited February 2012 in The Poker Clinic
NL4 regs may have noticed my abcense from the tables over the last few months. I have changed sites to make use of poker tracker. At first I used it to keep track of how many hands I'm playing. I realised that on Sky I had not been keeping a good log of my winnings or my volume and decided that if I were to make money then I needed to be playing 8-10K hands per month.

After a while I started reading articles about the stats that PT3 keeps and found them really useful. For example I lose about 30BBs/100 when heads up to the flop and out of possition however in multi-way pots I'm up 100BBs/100. Clearly my heads up play out of possition needs some work. I think it may be all the KJs type hands that I am calling with out of the blinds.

Then I discovered the HUD... For a long time I have been scared of all the numbers floating about over the screen and in the past I have just loaded 8 tables and turned the HUD off. This time I am playing 4 tables at once and checking the hud stats just about every hand I play.

It's made such a difference to how I play poker that I don't know how I would manage to play without it. Questions like "is this a good spot to 3-bet?", "should I c-bet this flop?" "what's this player likely to be raising with?" become so much easier.

There are players who play on this site a the higher stakes where meta-game and making moves are important. What aproach to they take to this without stats on their opponent? and finally do you think alowing players to use tracking softwear would be a good or bad thing for SkyPoker?

Comments

• edited February 2012
    Playing on sky without HUD's is similar to playing live
    If you on a site that allows HUD then you really can't play without a HUD because it would put you at a massive disadvantage

The most important aspect is how many hands you have logged for that player

But all in all it's how you use the software to get the most of it, which will determine if it's being useful, it's how you interpret the stats that make it a winner or not

I prefer without but that's just a personal thing

good luck