You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

WHY?

edited February 2012 in Area 51
how is it on this site pocket aces lose more often than win and all ins favour the person behind when i play live poker this rarely hapens. Is it this way  for the rake 

Comments

• edited February 2012
    yes..welcome to area51
  • edited February 2012
    Hand Histories to back up your claim?

If all ins favoured the person behind (I take it you mean pre-flop?) - Its a 7 card game, not 2

AA is just a pair, it's how they are played, why assume you are going to win a hand just because you are dealt AA, the skill is making them pay for you

At Grosvenor Leeds I dealt AA 4 times to people in the first 3 levels, none of the AA hands won by the river including AA v 33 all in pre, 3 on river

Welcome to the forum
  • edited February 2012
    In Response to Re: WHY?:
    Hand Histories to back up your claim? If all ins favoured the person behind (I take it you mean pre-flop?) - Its a 7 card game, not 2 AA is just a pair, it's how they are played, why assume you are going to win a hand just because you are dealt AA, the skill is making them pay for you At Grosvenor Leeds I dealt AA 4 times to people in the first 3 levels, none of the AA hands won by the river including AA v 33 all in pre, 3 on river Welcome to the forum
    Posted by SolarCarro
    Yes but surely pre flop you would be expected to win with AA 80percent of the time.Unfortunately this player would sugguest the odds do not stand up.The odds are the odds, overtime they are supposed to ALWAYS be correct thats why they are calculatable.Surely you should be able to assume over time AA will stand up most of the time.
    Otherwise it's lucky white heather, and a rabbits foot for me.Why do people always insist setting the area 51ers straight.Some of us like to think it's dodgy and rigged otherwise i have to live with the fact i'm not the best poker player that ever lived.......An i'm not avin that!!!!  
  • edited February 2012
    In Response to Re: WHY? : Yes but surely pre flop you would be expected to win with AA 80percent of the time.Unfortunately this player would sugguest the odds do not stand up.The odds are the odds, overtime they are supposed to ALWAYS be correct thats why they are calculatable.Surely you should be able to assume over time AA will stand up most of the time. Otherwise it's lucky white heather, and a rabbits foot for me.Why do people always insist setting the area 51ers straight.Some of us like to think it's dodgy and rigged otherwise i have to live with the fact i'm not the best poker player that ever lived.......An i'm not avin that!!!!  
    Posted by snorky
    Tbh the only way to tell if you win 80% with aces is log every game you get aces ob upto 100,I would be suprised if they lost 80% which seems to be the view in area 51.IMO though its a folding hand....

• edited February 2012
    In Response to Re: WHY? : Tbh the only way to tell if you win 80% with aces is log every game you get aces ob upto 100,I would be suprised if they lost 80% which seems to be the view in area 51.IMO though its a folding hand....
    Posted by cleaverjim
    I totally agree, you never really know where you are at with AA. Bin em and wait for that 7,2 off and instashove.
  • edited February 2012
    In Response to Re: WHY? : Yes but surely pre flop you would be expected to win with AA 80percent of the time.Unfortunately this player would sugguest the odds do not stand up.The odds are the odds, overtime they are supposed to ALWAYS be correct thats why they are calculatable.Surely you should be able to assume over time AA will stand up most of the time. Otherwise it's lucky white heather, and a rabbits foot for me.Why do people always insist setting the area 51ers straight.Some of us like to think it's dodgy and rigged otherwise i have to live with the fact i'm not the best poker player that ever lived.......An i'm not avin that!!!!  
    Posted by snorky
    He doesn't say pre-flop and I've seen Aces botched endless times on this site, limping with them to shoving on a 9TJ flop

If they didn't want to be set straight why post at all?

Overtime? Whats a good sample size say 500,000 hands?
  • edited February 2012
    now, how long do you think it will take to get 500,000 pair AA pre flop..    you can days without seeing AA, then in one day you can get them 20 times (depending on how much you play).. to wait for 500,000 AA would probly mean you are playing for 10 years online
  • edited February 2012
    now, how long do you think it will take to get 500,000 pair AA pre flop..    you can days without seeing AA, then in one day you can get them 20 times (depending on how much you play).. to wait for 500,000 AA would probly mean you are playing for 10 years online
    Posted by bigal36903
    The discussion is on how often AA holds up, not how often AA holds up for 1 individual

In John Tabatabai's top tip he suggests you analyse 500,000 hands and if you are profitable you could consider turning pro.

There is an organisation that will have 500,000 hand histories of AA, that is any of the Internet poker sites, I doubt we could get this information but Sky will have the data!
  • edited February 2012
    its a catch 22 with pocket As as your genearaly commited with them but remember it is only a pair and as such are not that strong. HU all in pre you know you have the best hand so its a win situation from that point unless your uber ul but against 3 or more there pretty weak.