You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

MTT - No Chat

edited November 2009 in Poker Chat
I play a lot of MTT and small cash games and the laxk of chat is really boring. There is no chat in the vast majority of games. No NH, no bad luck, no humour.

Come on guys a bit of chat makes it more fun.

Comments

• edited November 2009
     My advice is to play in the deep stacks. There is always a lot of chat in those.
  • edited November 2009
    On cash tables lots of players multi table so will be on mini view, also they tend not to hang round for long on the lower limit tables. If you want chat it may help to look in the lobby to see who has registered, if they are on the posters freeroll you will defo be in luck. I do know what you mean though, i suppose a lot of players just dont like chatting. The deepstack tournies always have the banter, they run 1/4 past the hour throughout the day and are only £2.20, after 7.15pm they go to £5.50, then after midnight back to £2.20. Really good value IMO
  • edited November 2009
    I have also noted the lack of chat in the lower games.
    Try to start the chat going by saying gl all at the beginning of the game.
    Always get one or two players chatting then if only to say nh or ul.
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: MTT - No Chat:
    I have also noted the lack of chat in the lower games. Try to start the chat going by saying gl all at the beginning of the game. Always get one or two players chatting then if only to say nh or ul.
    Posted by apollo_11
    Spot on.

You just have to warm them up a bit. Most (not all) want to chat, but people skills being what they are today, it sometimes needs someone to rev them up, & get the convo going.
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to MTT - No Chat:
    I play a lot of MTT and small cash games and the laxk of chat is really boring. There is no chat in the vast majority of games. No NH, no bad luck, no humour. Come on guys a bit of chat makes it more fun.
    Posted by Urdadi
    Just start chatting Urdadi, & they soon get involved. And you are right, it's good to chat.

If you play poker properly, there is a lot of dead time, Pass, Pass, Pass, & it aids concentration to chat, & stops you playing too many hands. And playing too many hands is the biggest weakness of novice or newbie plyers.

It's good to talk.

• edited November 2009
    I must agree with tikay at least if you talk, same with a live game,  you're there to ENJOY yourself and it helps if you suspect after the 9th bad hand dealt whether its your night or not!
  • edited November 2009
    Agree 100%.

Chatting alleviates the boredom. The majority of time in any poker tournament or cash game you shouldn't be involved - if you've no time to chat then you're playing too much, - I suspect that a lot of the players may be multi-tabling and on mini view though, which is why they don't say much - that's the other alternative to chatting, but is dangerous in the wrong hands (like mine!)
  • edited November 2009
    i like to chat in games, its really annoyin when every1s borin an dunt get involved.
  • edited November 2009

I will often chat while I am playing but there are also times, especially when multitabling, that I can't chat as I am concentrating on my cards and the other players actions at the table.

• edited November 2009
    I will often chat while I am playing but there are also times, especially when multitabling, that I can't chat as I am concentrating on my cards and the other players actions at the table.
    Posted by Kiwini4u
    SAME FOR ME , LOVE TO CHAT BUT WHEN I HAVE 2 TABLES UP I STRUGGLE AND ALSO MISS ALLOT OF WHAT HAS BEEN SAID.
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: MTT - No Chat : SAME FOR ME , LOVE TO CHAT BUT WHEN I HAVE 2 TABLES UP I STRUGGLE AND ALSO MISS ALLOT OF WHAT HAS BEEN SAID.
    Posted by PILLOWMAN
    yes i agree pill does love 2 chat,  just start chattin, i talk 2 myself if no 1 replies, lol
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: MTT - No Chat : SAME FOR ME , LOVE TO CHAT BUT WHEN I HAVE 2 TABLES UP I STRUGGLE AND ALSO MISS ALLOT OF WHAT HAS BEEN SAID.
    Posted by PILLOWMAN
    yes i agree pill does love 2 chat,  just start chattin, i talk 2 myself if no 1 replies, lol
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: MTT - No Chat : yes i agree pill does love 2 chat,  just start chattin, i talk 2 myself if no 1 replies, lol
    Posted by Ozzie08
    Thats the 1st sign of madness, the 2nd is talking to me
  • edited November 2009
    pillow / ozzie me thinks it time to surgically remove you both,

me thinks you are joined at the hip .

lol
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: MTT - No Chat : Thats the 1st sign of madness, the 2nd is talking to me
    Posted by loonytoons
    Its true im deffo MAD, srry i apolgise now to all concerned
  • edited November 2009
    I dont mind a good chinwag at the table, but agreed not many want to chat so i go with the flow an whatever the table's happy to go with ;)
  • edited November 2009
    id love to chat but have to play on miniview and theres no chat capabliity on Miniview! Something for the Sky poker team to improve facilities on!
  • edited November 2009

I often chat to myself, nh torryladd, wp torryladd, ul torryladd, goodbye torryladd lol

• edited November 2009
    im like torryladd if no one wants to chat,ul dav........ul dav.........ul dav,,,,,LOL
  • edited November 2009
    never had a problem with chatting in MTT, just start it off and a couple will join in. I think that terribly British thing -mistrust of anyone you don't know. - is encoded into our brains lol. As for cash tables,a lot of players multi table so have it in mini view.