You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

DYM - Jacks....

edited February 2012 in The Poker Clinic
I have 1600

buth737Small blind 100.00100.003215.00
rod65Big blind 200.00300.00605.00
 Your hole cards
  • J
  • J

ThepobCall 200.00500.006075.00
Dudeskin8

Comments

• edited February 2012
    Does rod65 have 3 BBs behind? If so, I'll fold, cos guaranteed if you shove he's gonna fold any hand and hope you get knocked out by the chip leader.
  • edited February 2012
    starting to hate these spots )
    yeah chip leader snaps w/K9o, K comes booom

i fold this one though, bloody cheecky flat UTG - probably only got 45s, ss goes all in and doubles through, your now royally kucked

stooopid game

shove
  • edited February 2012
    We all know what BB is doing obviously. Hes calling anything from the BB, likely to be folding from a shove from you, but thats a bit recklace anyhow. In some ways i would be tempted to just call or 3x raise to 600. Sounds wierd i know but bare with me...

If BB shoves for the 5 then you and big stack are calling all day long and checking it down I would hope (however obv not 3x'ing if i think big stack is gonna get lairy if BB folds or if BB goes in and big stack will mess about post flop).
    Writing this I'm debating my logic entirely, but i'll carry on!
    So if BB folds and we pick up dead money = $$$
    If BB just goes with anything hes got here and its checked down then pretty slim chance hes got us beat pre-flop and with big stack in aswell it takes even more of his equity in the hand away.
    If you fold BB goes with it, he can obviously so easily double up and leave you the same ish stack, but at the same time that = easy money if he's out!
    But you're not likely to get a better hand!!!

Upon reflection, I guess its a fold considering if he goes with his hand and at the big stack calls then hes unlikely to be better than 60/40.

Also, providing other players aren't idiots then I'm not so sure I see what shoving achieves here, as opposed to 3x'ing as we assume big stack is calling off anyways. (apart from then the BB folding and big stack calling, then what do you do down the teh streets!)

However raising 3x BB folds, big stack shoves is the sickiest of sick spots (although v unlikely) and from there its gambling time whether or not to call fold check raise or call!!!?!?!?!?!? woahh!! lol

Wouldn't mind your thoughts on my thoughts?!? :)))
  • edited February 2012
    Tbh I never really thought about 3x raising it, I guess the standard in these is so bad that the most likey scenarnio would be BB folding and the big stack smooth calling, this is followed by a mindonkbet on a K high flop where I start crying and fold.

In the end I decided there was no guarentee BB would shove and with big stack applying zero pressure it could be checked down with BB probz winning with 4th pair etc. If I had say 2500 here I probz raise to 600 but I just couldn't be sure it would go my way and with small stack being just half my stack I felt the need to take a risk, luckily I ran like god for once.

I ran into KK and won. 
  • edited February 2012
    flat call. If the BB shoves u should all call and check down. If someone else goes over the top you fold and get out cheap. Min bet any flop IP and call the BB if he shoves. check down any turn/river if utg allows it.

Alternatively fold.
  • edited February 2012
    Tough one. If you shove and get everyone to fold you will pick up 500 which may be enough to see you in to the money.

If you get called your not gonna be in terrible shape, and If you win then your pretty much guaranteed to be in the money.

If the shortstack has been playing extremely tight then it's probably best to shove here.

If the shortstack has been relatively active then I would fold the jacks as it is more probable that I would get in the money by waiting for the shortstack to be eliminated.

Overall though I would probably base my decision on the activity of the shortstack.
  • edited February 2012
    I defo don't like the shove with the big stack behind who can afford a flip with a1,kx,qx and still see the money comfortably. With the short having only 3bb behind your almost there. If he doubles off someone then your not far behind.
  • edited February 2012
    I would just limp and hope BB shoves, if bigstack folds/calls or reshoves I'd be calling
  • edited February 2012
    In Response to Re: DYM - Jacks....:
    I would just limp and hope BB shoves, if bigstack folds/calls or reshoves I'd be calling
    Posted by Poker_Fail
    Not a bad shout with the flat , only looking to call bb shove, if big stack stoopidly re shoves I think I sigh fold

• edited February 2012
    In Response to Re: DYM - Jacks....:
    In Response to Re: DYM - Jacks.... : Not a bad shout with the flat , only looking to call bb shove, if big stack stoopidly re shoves I think I sigh fold
    Posted by rancid
    The reason I'd call the reshove is simply because BOTH the oppos have to beat you for you to lose. If SS wins and oyu come 2nd you end with about 2k chips, if BB wins you come 2nd you still cash.

The only tricky part would be if BB checks and a flop with overcards is seen, however, dude also has position in this hand which would make that scenario bearable
  • edited February 2012
    Yeah the flat makes sense, allows you to get away cheaply if both big stacks go crazy but also lets you go 3-way against shorty if he shoves. Will defo consider it in the future.
  • edited February 2012

Hi,

Thank you for your post,

If you would like us to analyse your hand on the poker clinic on our live TV show please do let us know which tournament/cash table the hand is from and also your hand ID.

Poker Clinic is every Thursday at 8pm.

All the best

Sky Poker TV Team.