You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Poor Customer Service and Poor de-registering rules

Today i won a sattelite into the £110 bounty hunter.

I asked if i could use the buyin another time and was told "No, too bad, you asked this question before and we told you then"

I would much prefer to play on a monday night or a friday and they were totally unwilling to help. Even when i played on full tilt poker which were a 100% certified gang of crooks, i ran into a similar situation. They however gave me 90% of the value of the ticket i held that was unused and i was more than satisfied.

I am kinda dissapointed in the response i got and want to know what other people think of this policy. Even on pokerstars if you register for a sattelite tournament it states before you press the register button that you must play if you win. This is fine but i was never prompted with anything like this.

Comments

• edited February 2012
    On most pokerstars sats you can de-reg from the qualifying tournament and get "tournament dollars" equivelent to the same value that you cant withdraw untill youve won or lost it.

Now i agree about people should be playing tournys they sat into but if you could makea few quid quick some people might play more sats for the same tourny, and therefore increase the chances of others getting seats and in turn increasing Skys rake intake.
  • edited February 2012
    +1
    Tourney tickets plz
  • edited February 2012
    In Response to Re: Poor Customer Service and Poor de-registering rules:
    +1 Tourney tickets plz
    Posted by CrazyBen23
    +2
  • edited February 2012
    It would be nice to have generic sattelites for tournament tokens instead of direct seats. I think this would make them more popular to as some just don't get enough people registering.

I do have to say though, why are you playing satellites for tournaments you don't want to play??? It's pretty obvious your winning a seat to a specific tournament and that if there was a misunderstanding they have told you before how it works. Why would you do it again?
  • edited March 2012
    In Response to Poor Customer Service and Poor de-registering rules:
    I cann't understand why you played this tournament as no where do you say you played it by mistake.my point of answerng this post is i've always found the customer care team very polite and helpful even when i didn't get my own way and don't think it is fair to say it is poor service because you didn't get what you wanted
  • edited May 2012
    Obviously dont know the ins and outs, but have to agree that there shouldnt be ultra strict terms in so far as when you will play ie why not be able to play a week later or a different day if schedules are the same?

Best way to accomodate this would be to hand out tokens to be used to enter tournament when winner can.

• edited May 2012
    Today i won a sattelite into the £110 bounty hunter. I asked if i could use the buyin another time and was told "No, too bad, you asked this question before and we told you then" I would much prefer to play on a monday night or a friday and they were totally unwilling to help. Even when i played on full tilt poker which were a 100% certified gang of crooks, i ran into a similar situation. They however gave me 90% of the value of the ticket i held that was unused and i was more than satisfied. I am kinda dissapointed in the response i got and want to know what other people think of this policy. Even on pokerstars if you register for a sattelite tournament it states before you press the register button that you must play if you win. This is fine but i was never prompted with anything like this.
    Posted by iCardShar3
    I've noticed that Sky Poker can offer a tourney ticket for freeroll cash table players so the facility already seems to be there.

Plus sometimes, life throws up all kind of emergencies, playing a poker game can go to the bottom or prioritys very quickly.
    (True story - a mate was scheduled to play online then couldn't cause his washing machine sprung a leak midway through the spin cycle! and he had to get an emergency plumber)
  • edited May 2012
    Today i won a sattelite into the £110 bounty hunter. I asked if i could use the buyin another time and was told "No, too bad, you asked this question before and we told you then" I would much prefer to play on a monday night or a friday and they were totally unwilling to help. Even when i played on full tilt poker which were a 100% certified gang of crooks, i ran into a similar situation. They however gave me 90% of the value of the ticket i held that was unused and i was more than satisfied. I am kinda dissapointed in the response i got and want to know what other people think of this policy. Even on pokerstars if you register for a sattelite tournament it states before you press the register button that you must play if you win. This is fine but i was never prompted with anything like this.
    Posted by iCardShar3
    in the bigger games sky are struggling to make the grnt prize money at the moment so might be reluctant because of this. and with it been a direct sat its fair enough for them to say no as they often run direct sats with quite a big overlay. so its 6 of 1 half a dozen of another it seems.