You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

THERES TO MANY BOUNTY HUNTERS ON HERE NOW

edited February 2012 in The Poker Clinic
I think sky should do more gtd games,in the bounty hunters its just hit n hope and encouagin a lot of donkey play...lol

Comments

• edited February 2012
    This has come up a million times, for a start they do put guarantees on some of the bounty hunters, and secondly, they run so many of them because they consistenly got more runners than any other type of MTT on the site (people like them).
  • edited February 2012
    I should add, I don't personally like them, and much prefer a good deepstack, but that is the reason there are so many, cos the masses want them.
  • edited February 2012
    I don't mind them tbh, the top prize is often very big (around 40 BI's) even in the £2.30 games in the evening so the reward for winning is much higher than a standard £2.20 deepstack (around 25 BI's), of course you get less play in them with the structure/chipstack but this just means you have to play a little faster and when most guys in them are happy to call off their stack with a flushdraw top pair is usually the nuts which is super great for us.

The rake as well doesn't help them but that won't change untill people stop playing them on mass, and that's never gonna happen lol.
  • edited February 2012
    tip

play BH like normal MTT

if they call you light, then THAT IS GOOD FFS OMG WTF

MORE BH WITH REBUYS + ADD ONS
  • edited February 2012
    In Response to THERES TO MANY BOUNTY HUNTERS ON HERE NOW:
    I think sky should do more gtd games,in the bounty hunters its just hit n hope and encouagin a lot of donkey play...lol
    Posted by mickgil75
    Tip, when in the tournament lobby, dont click on the "bounty hunter" tab if you dont want to play them!!!

Jeez, theres some real bright sparks on here.

Wrong section too.
  • edited February 2012
    In Response to Re: THERES TO MANY BOUNTY HUNTERS ON HERE NOW:
    In Response to THERES TO MANY BOUNTY HUNTERS ON HERE NOW : Tip, when in the tournament lobby, dont click on the "bounty hunter" tab if you dont want to play them!!! Jeez, theres some real bright sparks on here. Wrong section too.
    Posted by davelufc
    ok mate,was just saying,when in championship,stay there cos lufc are not  that bright either .lol
  • edited February 2012
    tip play BH like normal MTT Posted by rancid
    I disagree mate. There's a best strategy to play BHs which differs from optimum MTT play (95% is the same btw!)

On a wider note:
    Years ago people used to say that SnGs weren't really poker, they were just luck. Then some people worked out an optimal strategy. BHs are similar. People scoff at them now, but they are just as legitimate as cash, SnGs or freezeouts. Hell, freezeouts are a relatively new invention themselves!

• edited February 2012
    tip play BH like normal MTT if they call you light, then THAT IS GOOD FFS OMG WTF MORE BH WITH REBUYS + ADD ONS
    Posted by rancid
    i do try and play them like a mtt.its very surprising what some ppl do to win £7.50 afta payin £22.00 quid for a game.like callin ur AA raise wit 7/2 os and hittin,wtf is that about. lol