You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

i only have ace high but is this a good move?

edited February 2012 in The Poker Clinic
spt glasgow satellite(really want a seat)

the reasoning behind this move is because he is tight player i`m defo not puuting him on trips poss a 9 yeah or small to med pairs with also some overcards but i think I can get him to fold them with the allin because i could easily be doing this with overpairs,trips, prob some good 9`s aswell.

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalancedonaz666Small blind 25.0025.003810.00ScotsLionBig blind 50.0075.003467.50 Your hole cardsA10   JammyBeeFold    liamboi11Raise 150.00225.002317.50rosjim1Fold    _HARPO_Fold    donaz666Fold    ScotsLionCall 100.00325.003367.50Flop  449   ScotsLionCheck    liamboi11Bet 243.50568.502074.00ScotsLionRaise 487.001055.502880.50liamboi11All-in 2074.003129.500.00ScotsLionCall 1830.504960.001050.00ScotsLionShow55   liamboi11ShowA10   Turn  7   River  9   ScotsLionWinTwo Pairs, 9s and 5s4960.00 6010.00 obviously the move never worked this time but do you think it is a good move long term over a tight player or am I just being reckless.

Comments

• edited February 2012
    Reckless !

If he is a tight player there is no way he raises there without showdown value.

He must have had a good read on you to make the call though.
  • edited February 2012
    Considering its a tight player, and the fold % is probably pretty high, whats the reason you didnt opt for a standard cbet?
  • edited February 2012
    with the right reads you can make it a profitable move. But i wouldnt do it without the knowledge your oppo can fold a 9 at worst. Also id be reluctant to do this more in tournaments and dyms, simply because the quality of play in general is worse and you only have 1 life. Im all for big bluffs for your stack but you need the right reads imo. Clearly in this instance your opponent just sees, oh i have 2 pair im all in. Make a note of this guy and repeat the action with 10's and above.
  • edited February 2012
    Is oppo very aggro ?
    Only worth doing this if oppo is like really aggro
  • edited February 2012
    In Response to Re: i only have ace high but is this a good move?:
    Considering its a tight player, and the fold % is probably pretty high, whats the reason you didnt opt for a standard cbet?
    Posted by GuitarLad
    I did c-bet but he min raised which i thought he wasnt really strong by doing this but it opens it back up for me and i could rep and overpair or apair better than his but think i did pick wrong opponent but yeah he was taggy style but on that board did not think he had much and obv he thought the same lol.
  • edited February 2012

pretty reckless imo, no backdoor draws either.

• edited February 2012
    what do you think a tight player is raise/folding on that flop?
  • edited February 2012
    what do you think a tight player is raise/folding on that flop?
    Posted by grantorino
    I`m repping a lot of hands that have him beat,and i put basically his tourney life on the line with pocket 5s don`t think many ppl would make the call but he made a good call so hats off to him.

also he did let the timer go right down to the bottom so i did give a difficult decision even though I never got it through is that a good thing ?
  • edited February 2012
    Looks fine IMO....he appears to have check raised for info then decided to call it off anyway...this is a nice board to do this kind of move on too he can never really have that strong a hand either with his line....however early levels of tournies dont really need this kind of FPS hence why some people have (rightly) said this a a bit spewy?..edit just saw it was an spt sat which def does make it more spew tactic than if It was a standard mtt
  • edited February 2012
    He's hardly ever having a big hand imo and it doesn't look too bad to me. Villain's gambling at absolute best when he calls.
    As said though, fine in a normal MTT but not in a sat.
  • edited February 2012
    thanks for feedback guys think I just tried fancy poker but get what you mean about being spewy in satellite dont need to win the thing so play it safe etc.

hope i get a seat to glasgow soon lol.
  • edited February 2012
    No its not a good move. A donk will call with donk hands like 55. A tight player isnt check raising you there with 5's, more like 1010+/Axs hearts and they will call you a lot when you do this in regular tournament with the 20bb overhead. The fact it's in a satellite would get you more folds but it's not really necessary to continue the hand once he raises.
  • edited February 2012
     Liam maybe hold back a little with the FPS

FWIW - seems to be good thinking on your part but from only sitting on one table with you it may be wise to pick your spots better overall and not keep on battering the aggro button
    If your being over aggro, just makes it harder for moves like this to get through - if you get what I am saying

run golden
  • edited February 2012

Hi,

Thank you for your post,

If you would like us to analyse your hand on the poker clinic on our live TV show please do let us know which tournament/cash table the hand is from and also your hand ID.

Poker Clinic is every Thursday at 8pm.

All the best

Sky Poker TV Team.

• edited February 2012
    hand id is and the tourney was a spt glasgow satellite sky 481296375

• edited February 2012
     Liam maybe hold back a little with the FPS  FWIW - seems to be good thinking on your part but from only sitting on one table with you it may be wise to pick your spots better overall and not keep on battering the aggro button If your being over aggro, just makes it harder for moves like this to get through - if you get what I am saying run golden
    Posted by rancid
    what does fps mean lol

yeah i understand what you mean m8 if im bein super aggro all the time ppl will call me a lot lighter knowing i can`t have it all the time i do think this another leak in my game i need to sort out or i will spew a lot of cash after working hard to get ppls stacks but i will learn soon hopefully lol

how u gettin on at 10nl at the moment ?