You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Nuts on dry flop... NL10

edited February 2012 in The Poker Clinic
Questions...

1. Was I correct to flat pre, or should I have 3bet?

2. Was I correct to donk bet the flop?

I was trying to pot build here and didn't want to risk a check behind.

3. What now? Flat, raise or shove?
liamboi11 Small blind  £0.05 £0.05 £9.85
Pysterman Big blind  £0.10 £0.15 £10.87
 Your hole cards
  • J
  • J

slh1980 Call  £0.10 £0.25 £6.16
raracook Call  £0.10 £0.35 £4.74
JRH2424 Raise  £0.40 £0.75 £10.01
iain1970 Fold     
liamboi11 Fold     
Pysterman Call  £0.30 £1.05 £10.57
slh1980 Call  £0.30 £1.35 £5.86
raracook Fold     
Flop

• J

Pysterman Bet  £0.68 £2.03 £9.89
slh1980 Fold     
JRH2424 Raise  £1.36 £3.39 £8.65
Pysterman

Comments

• edited February 2012
    OB call his bet you have the nuts so wait until the turn put out 1/4 pot bet and let him shove or call etc.You cant lose him now so deffo FLAT the flop...He has a good stack and you want it.
  • edited February 2012
    In Response to Nuts on dry flop... NL10:
    Questions... 1. Was I correct to flat pre, or should I have 3bet? 2. Was I correct to donk bet the flop? I was trying to pot build here and didn't want to risk a check behind. 3. What now? Flat, raise or shove? Pysterman
    Posted by Pysterman
    Don't take my word on everything here for sure but this is what i would say...

Its not really great to play J's oop in a 3 or 4 way pot, so probably would prefer 3-bet pre, unless you really think initial raiser is tight, and you dont want to face a 4-bet... and in that case why are you calling, to hit a set and be comfortable, not so sure thats the best play!
    Ultra dry flop so donk is going to have him guessing but too often scare him off and not let him catch up at all in the hand. It then depends if hes passive and just going to fold AQ, AK sort of hands that missed, then the lead out is likely to just squeeze out the hands that could easily catch out and stack off, let him c-bet and check raise or call and then lead out on any turn card, if hes got an over pair, hes likely to stack off at these stakes, if hes got AQ unlikely to double barrel. As well as getting 9's and alike to tag along hopefully!
    If he does check behind on the flop then giving a free card is almost never going to give him the best hand over you, so just lead out on the turn.

Bit muddled up but thats my thoughts, hope it helps.
  • edited February 2012
    Jacks should be good enough to 3bet pre here, two limpers have nout and raiser probz knows this too so should be raising light, i.e worse than JJ.

As played I check call flop as it keep bluffs in, AK/AQ/KQ etc.

Then on turn check raise.

Here when he raises I probz just flat as hard to get value from anything when you raise again, although could be AA/KK/QQ that cant fold, overall though probz best to call as could have overplayed AK/AQ.
  • edited February 2012
    In Response to Nuts on dry flop... NL10:
    Questions...
    1. Was I correct to flat pre, or should I have 3bet?
    2. Was I correct to donk bet the flop? I was trying to pot build here and didn't want to risk a check behind.
    3. What now? Flat, raise or shove?
    Posted by Pysterman

1.                1. Depends who the raiser is, what do they open and with this size + position

If your going to 3 bet, are you folding to a 4 bet

Can you 3 bet for value versus this oppo ?

Will oppo continue with worse, what does oppo flat 3 bets with ?

2. Donk your monster, you gotta be sure opener is very narrow - check on this dry flop is ok

3. Raise

• edited February 2012

Hi,

Thank you for your post,

If you would like us to analyse your hand on the poker clinic on our live TV show please do let us know which tournament/cash table the hand is from and also your hand ID.

Poker Clinic is every Thursday at 8pm.

All the best

Sky Poker TV Team.