You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

TPGK on the flop, whats oppo got here?

edited February 2012 in The Poker Clinic
What are we doing after re raise?
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
bradley274 Small blind  £0.50 £0.50 £49.00
Die_hard Big blind  £0.50 £1.00 £85.07
  Your hole cards
  • Q
  • K

davelufc Raise  £2.00 £3.00 £27.14
dannyhac21 Call  £2.00 £5.00 £54.51
thebil123 Call  £2.00 £7.00 £87.76
bradley274 Fold     
Die_hard Call  £1.50 £8.50 £83.57
Flop

• Q

Die_hard Check     
davelufc Bet  £3.50 £12.00 £23.64
dannyhac21 Fold     
thebil123 Fold     
Die_hard Raise  £11.00 £23.00 £72.57
davelufc    

Comments

• edited February 2012
    Nasty spot. Some players in the BB will see the good pot odds as an excuse to call pre-flop with any hand. It wouldn't surprise me if he showed you Q5 or Q9 here since his range is so wide. Generally speaking though, I think he's more likely to have check-raised with a flush draw or a weak Queen. I would ship it all-in here as a result.

You definitely shouldn't call here. Your stack's too small and you will only leave yourself with a tough decision on the turn. Folding is an option, but in a vacuum I favour the shove since we're beating more of his range than we're losing to.
  • edited February 2012
    Never played oppo before, I know alot of regular clinic posters have tho. He's 1 of their faves :P

I dunno, with your stack just get it in and try n fade. 
  • edited February 2012
    sit with a full buyin then its a case of just typing in chat box ty for showing me ur cards and fold
  • edited February 2012
    he prob has something utterly dumb like Q5 spades
  • edited February 2012
    With your stack and raising pre you hit tpgk so imo there is one choice.All in button.
  • edited February 2012
    In Response to Re: TPGK on the flop, whats oppo got here?:
    he prob has something utterly dumb like Q5 spades
    Posted by pryce6

Love it, how about 95o
  • edited February 2012
    I'd bet more on flop.

Shove now.
  • edited February 2012

Cant seem to find that fold button atm lol ( well sussed out Ben! )

Stack size was the key here on getting it all-in.

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    bradley274 Small blind  £0.50 £0.50 £49.00
    Die_hard Big blind  £0.50 £1.00 £85.07
      Your hole cards
    • Q
    • K

davelufc Raise  £2.00 £3.00 £27.14
    dannyhac21 Call  £2.00 £5.00 £54.51
    thebil123 Call  £2.00 £7.00 £87.76
    bradley274 Fold     
    Die_hard Call  £1.50 £8.50 £83.57
    Flop

• Q

Die_hard Check     
    davelufc Bet  £3.50 £12.00 £23.64
    dannyhac21 Fold     
    thebil123 Fold     
    Die_hard Raise  £11.00 £23.00 £72.57
    davelufc All-in  £23.64 £46.64 £0.00
    Die_hard Call  £16.14 £62.78 £56.43
    Die_hard Show
    • Q

davelufc Show
    • Q
    • K

Turn

River

Die_hard Win Two Pairs, Queens and 9s £60.98  £117.41

• edited February 2012
    Yeah its harder to fold cos ur not fully stacked, Not at all surpised to see him have that hand rly
  • edited February 2012

you're just not deep enough for him to have worse imo here.  best case is youre up against a draw

• edited February 2012
    Lol. I love my fellow regs who hate me and say I'm shiite :))))) (not talking about the OP)

My apologies to you (fellow regs) for not playing how you think I should pmsl. I don't think I'm the best in the world but I'll play my own little way thanks very much, just as I have done for about 7 years. I don't play for a living but the 4 x brand new VXR's that I've bought plus paying off about £30k off my mortgage over the last few years will do for me (though the days of pee-easy tables everywhere and £200 - £500 p.w. cakeback aren't happening at this level/this site).

Just keep taking my money year after year, should be easy enough. (Sorry pryce for keeping playing after apparently losing my whole role every week lololol - it's hardly the pathetic cash for points that keeps me here when I can get 60% cakeback elsewhere!)

FWIW since the OP had earlier called a near pot cbet on the flop with 56o on an 23* flop, then again called a (blank) turn near pot cbet after that left himself about £11 with £50 in the middle - it's hardly surprising (to me) I was calling with that when (imo) there was at least one fish (no offence) in the multiway hand. My apologies again to pryce and co for not playing their way and winning an all in pot.

Edit: Actually, reading this post it was a bit OTT story to one remark, sorry. Just making a point to a couple of people after the usual one's piped up yet again. The sniping gets rather tedious at times.
  • edited February 2012
    Lol. I love my fellow regs who hate me and say I'm shiite :))))) My apologies to you all for not playing how you think I should pmsl. I don't think I'm the best in the world but I'll play my own little way thanks very much, just as I have done for about 7 years. I don't play for a living but the 4 x brand new VXR's that I've bought plus paying off about £30k off my mortgage over the last few years will do for me (though the days of pee-easy tables everywhere and £200 - £500 p.w. cakeback aren't happening at this level/this site). Just keep taking my money year after year, should be easy enough. (Sorry pryce for keeping playing after apparently losing my whole role every week lololol - it's hardly the pathetic cash for points that keeps me here when I can get 60% cakeback elsewhere!) FWIW since the OP had earlier called a near pot cbet on the flop with 56o on an A2* flop, then again called a turn near pot cbet after that left himself about £11 with £40 in the middle - it's hardly surprising (to me) I was calling with that when (imo) there was at least one fish (no offence) in the multiway hand. My apologies again to pryce and co for not playing their way and winning an all in pot.
    Posted by Die_hard

serious Q - where is the criticism?

random....which site offers cakeback?
  • edited February 2012
    The criticism is in a reply from a reg in this thread which, although maybe not apparent to anyone else is obviously a dig at me lol, as well as him, as usual, telling me how bad I am on the tables last night lol (just keep taking my money eh).

Ummm, get rakeback pretty much anywhere (1 or 2 exceptions), I'm sure you know lol. If you mean where 60% I do actually only get 40% offically but know the poker room manager who tops it up when I play to 60%. Could get anyone else 55% when I played there last time (was over 6 mths ago though), don't know if that's the case now though.
    Contemplating going trying 2 other sites atm but like Sky's software (when it doesn;t continually lag) and softish tables. I just need to keep my pathetic temper and rants in check as I talk like an idiot at times.

(Sorry OP for almost thread-hijacking. At least I said why I was in the hand from my pov).
  • edited February 2012
    :(  i wanted cakeback...

woulda move sites in an instant for some cheesecake :)
  • edited February 2012
    You can get 25/30% basic anywhere these days I would've thought, tiered upwards depending on how much you rake. I reckon Sky's c4p equates to about 12% at absolute best though I haven't looked at it properly.
  • edited February 2012
    Well I was basically right wasn't I.

No criticism here Die hard, I really like the way you play...

I think you played this hand really well. I mean obviously peeling any two cards from the blinds is super profitable because sometimes we are going to flop two pair and stuff right? Then also if our cards are the same suit we can make flushes yay!

Um yeah and huume was taking the....

Noone cares about your rakeback.
  • edited February 2012
    Anyway, back to original point...  btw i formulated my reply before seeing outcome.

In my opinion raise preflop is much too small to be playing this hand oop. obv once btn calls, blinds get a fantastic price to play anything remotely playable - dont know how anyone can criticise blind's call.

you're now playing a multiway pot with only £2 invested and huge reverse implied odds  if anyone has hit the board hard and only flipping against an overcard + flush draw.

I would suggest raise to £3-4 IF you play this hand - you are surely only hoping to steal the blinds, as you hopefully dont call/stack-off if you get raised. If you get called and miss flop you are again in a very awkward spot.

I would suggest with your stack size you should not be raising utg with a hand you are unwilling to get all in with.
  • edited February 2012
    I would suggest raise to £3-4 IF you play this hand - you are surely only hoping to steal the blinds, as you hopefully dont call/stack-off if you get raised. If you get called and miss flop you are again in a very awkward spot. Posted by simonnatur
    Raising 6-8bb to 'take down 2bb' depends entirely on the table and your image. I'm certainly not going to just come out and raise 6bb at random. Your not going to get the calls from hands you dominate like K10/KJ/Q10/Q9 if you raise so big unless the table is pretty loose passive. If you get called and miss flop your in an even worse position if you raise bigger, since the pot looks better compared to our stack and hence we'd be more inclined to have a go at it, and we are even more likely to be dominated.
  • edited February 2012

Hi,

Thank you for your post,

If you would like us to analyse your hand on the poker clinic on our live TV show please do let us know which tournament/cash table the hand is from and also your hand ID.

Poker Clinic is every Thursday at 8pm.

All the best

Sky Poker TV Team.

• edited February 2012
    Anyway, back to original point...  btw i formulated my reply before seeing outcome. In my opinion raise preflop is much too small to be playing this hand oop. obv once btn calls, blinds get a fantastic price to play anything remotely playable - dont know how anyone can criticise blind's call. you're now playing a multiway pot with only £2 invested and huge reverse implied odds  if anyone has hit the board hard and only flipping against an overcard + flush draw. I would suggest raise to £3-4 IF you play this hand - you are surely only hoping to steal the blinds, as you hopefully dont call/stack-off if you get raised. If you get called and miss flop you are again in a very awkward spot. I would suggest with your stack size you should not be raising utg with a hand you are unwilling to get all in with.
    Posted by simonnatur
    [x] sarcastic
    [ ] funny sarcastic post

I hope..
  • edited February 2012
    In Response to TPGK on the flop, whats oppo got here?:
    What are we doing after re raise? Player Action Cards Amount Pot Balance bradley274 Small blind   £0.50 £0.50 £49.00 Die_hard Big blind   £0.50 £1.00 £85.07   Your hole cards Q K       davelufc Raise   £2.00 £3.00 £27.14 dannyhac21 Call   £2.00 £5.00 £54.51 thebil123 Call   £2.00 £7.00 £87.76 bradley274 Fold         Die_hard Call   £1.50 £8.50 £83.57 Flop     Q 9 5       Die_hard Check         davelufc Bet   £3.50 £12.00 £23.64 dannyhac21 Fold         thebil123 Fold         Die_hard Raise   £11.00 £23.00 £72.57 davelufc ?       
    Posted by davelufc
    Hi,

Thank you for your post,
    If you could please let me know the hand ID and which tournament or cash table its from, and providing its from a televised table we will try to show it on the Poker Clinic on Thurday's at 8pm.

All the best

TV Team
  • edited February 2012
    thepoint about criticism when not playing "accepted" way is a good one. I seeno problem with using small pp's and Axs as calling hands and bailing out when flop missed but v profitable when they relly hit. Seen enough dodgy stuff with many of the big boys to (almost) ignore accepted wisdom at times.

• edited February 2012
    In Response to RE:
    Well I was basically right wasn't I. No criticism here Die hard, I really like the way you play... I think you played this hand really well. I mean obviously peeling any two cards from the blinds is super profitable because sometimes we are going to flop two pair and stuff right?
    Then also if our cards are the same suit we can make flushes yay! Um yeah and huume was taking the.... Noone cares about your rakeback.
    Posted by pryce6

yeah its good tactics. when the flop is say Q-8-2r flop. you can easily just c/f in these pots. because we are 2 pair or straight mining we wont lose any money with just top pair.
  • edited February 2012
    In Response to TPGK on the flop, whats oppo got here? : Hi, Thank you for your post, If you could please let me know the hand ID and which tournament or cash table its from, and providing its from a televised table we will try to show it on the Poker Clinic on Thurday's at 8pm. All the best TV Team
    Posted by SkyPokerTV
    I presume it's only the Mastercash Tables that are shown? (This was an Action Table)

Hand History #481421304 (03:44 20/02/2012)Action Table 37

Edit: Forget that, seem it's def only Mastercash tables.

Pity, pryce the nit could've watched it lol.