You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

How's this for a true poker story.

edited November 2009 in The Shed
Tonight i was in 10k bounty hunter semi, playing really well and getting the odds returns my plays deserved and nailing fish everytime (totally running hot, even reading other hands to pocket pair, chasing str8, bluff etc), it was perfect and I was dreaming of being on the telly for the first time. I was also in the 1k guaranteed, playing this well I was confident of cashing.
Then my girlfriend quite literally gave birth in the bathroom in 3 minutes, and 3 weeks early. Freyja wasn't breathing, and didn't for 10 minutes, I did CPR until the paramedics arrived and they then battled for 10 minutes to save her. The horror and fear and begging and raging at God whilst watching this unfold were something I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy. We had had almost resigned ourselves to the unimaginable when the little shrimp rallied and Freyja is now in an incubator, breathing on her own, physically fine but the possibility of brain damage remains; such emotions put poker highs, lows and tilts (something I'm very prone too as I've been trying to quit smoking in preparation of Freyja's arrival) into perspective. I'm now home from the hospital (can't stay overnight) and find I still finished 5th in the 10k BH semi (missing out on cashing by one place lol) and finished 71st in 1k guaranteed...and you know what...I dont care. I merely thank God, St Johns' and this community for giving me the opportunity to share my joy.
I also apologise for all my bad grace and inexusable tilting and flaming.
GL everyone.

Heater

Comments