You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

DYM - AK in SB facing raise 4-handed

edited February 2012 in The Poker Clinic
Samnho has abut 3500.

All players are new to me.

Dudeskin8Small blind 15.0015.001805.00
boston5508Big blind 30.0045.002120.00
 Your hole cards
  • A
  • K

scream23Raise 90.00135.003865.00
saminhoFold    
Dudeskin8

Comments

• edited February 2012
  • edited February 2012
    What level? Are they tight or call alot?
  • edited February 2012
    £5.50, not sure on how they play, games gone pretty fast as you can see.
  • edited February 2012
    As we're OOP i prob trey bet to 240, possibly fold to four bet as its early.

I played this level other day briefly but dont recognise any, a fold prob isnt bad but dont like calll as we lose initiative. Although i do ok in DYM im not the general mindset so probably bad advice lol
  • edited February 2012
    I would flat as after flop you are oop and as he is big cheese  could go all in if you raised unless you shoved. FLAT I think.
  • edited February 2012

We gotta know oppo flats 3 bets or folds with worse before we even think about 3 betting.

3 bet is fine for value but going to put you in a lot of tough flop spots. If we are folding to a 4 bet this early, then don’t 3 bet unless oppo is crazy and will ship AQ or worse.

Oppo is raising 3x UTG, what range you give –

Prefer flat and take a flop

• edited February 2012
    With 4 left im probably flatting his utg raise but only c betting if hit the A or K.His range is high due to his stack so think the ace or king on flop would be good.
  • edited February 2012
    Well my initial thoughts were all options are available, although folding feels wrong imo, then there's flatting which is just top pair mining and fold unless you do hit, 3bet/folding which is gonna be tough when you miss flop. 

Another option I had was open shipping here hoping for loose AQ/AJ even A10 call although 1800 to win 135 isn't great...
  • edited February 2012
    In Response to Re: DYM - AK in SB facing raise 4-handed:
    Well my initial thoughts were all options are available, although folding feels wrong imo, then there's flatting which is just top pair mining and fold unless you do hit, 3bet/folding which is gonna be tough when you miss flop.  Another option I had was open shipping here hoping for loose AQ/AJ even A10 call although 1800 to win 135 isn't great...
    Posted by Dudeskin8
    DYM strategy for me is completly differant to any other game you have got to pick your spots very carefully 3 betting an utg raise i dont think is the best play,and open shoving to risky a play ok we might get called by worse, as you said risking all your chips for 135 for me it has to be a  flat call  take a flop see what it brings and no great loss if you miss..