You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Weekend footy betting (25th/26th)

edited February 2012 in Betting Chat
Evening peeps,

I haven't posted any selections on here for a while but thought I'd give it a go this week.

For the time being it's just the one for me for tomorrow although I'll probably add one or two more in the morning.

Villa to beat Wigan (A) @ 8/5
Birmingham to beat Forest (H) @ 4/7
Blackpool to beat Bristol City (A) @ 13/10
Plymouth to beat Dagenham (H) @ 21/20

The 4 way pays a little over 18/1 so here's hoping for a decent pay day (& God knows I'm due one!)

I know a lot of Villa fans are disillusioned with life under Mcleish but they go into this game on the back of some decent away form with 3 wins & only 1 defeat in their last 5 away from Villa Park. Wigan have only won once at the DW all season & that was way back in August when QPR were the visitors. Villa also have a good record there too & have won on their last 4 visits.
Birmingham are my short price pick of tomorrows games & a quick look at the table tells you why. They're the only Championship side that are still unbeaten at home this term & they've only conceded 6 at St Andrews too. Forest have lost 3 & drawn 1 of their last 5 on the road & with only 12 goals away from the City Ground so far they'll need to wait a little longer to try & pull away from the trapdoor at the bottom.
Blackpool's midweek defeat against my boys (against 10 men I might add!) was their first league defeat of 2012. Since losing to Birmingham on new years eve they've been on an impressive run which has seen them take maximum points in 6 of their 8 league games including a win on the road at Cardiff. Bristol City come into this game on the back of some real relegation form with only 1 in & 4 defeats in their last 6 home & away. Blackpool won the return game 5-0 at Bloomfield Road back in October.
Plymouth are probably the riskiest pick of the bunch but the price swung it for me. Despite drawing 3 of their last 4 at Home Park they're actually in fairly decent form coming into this game. Those 3 draws all came against in form sides including promotion chasing Crawley & Southend (a game in which they came from 2-0 down). They won 4-0 away to Accrington last weekend & now have a real opportunity to put some distance between themselves & basement boys Dagenham. There's a reason why the Daggers are bottom of the football league & with only 1 win in 2012 it's easy to see why. Their record on the road is appalling with just 2 wins from 14 this season. The last of these came way back in August when they won at Bradford. 

Good luck peeps

Jay

Comments