You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Call/Fold on the river?

edited February 2012 in The Poker Clinic
Never played plyer before, so no reads.

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalanceFlashFlushSmall blind £0.25£0.25£50.00KKripplerBig blind £0.50£0.75£87.53 Your hole cards8A   ClungeFlikFold    DeadlyDaveFold    jay1966Call £0.50£1.25£49.06BANDITCATFold    FlashFlushFold    KKripplerCheck    Flop  677   KKripplerCheck    jay1966Bet £1.25£2.50£47.81KKripplerRaise £3.50£6.00£84.03jay1966Call £2.25£8.25£45.56Turn  3   KKripplerBet £6.00£14.25£78.03jay1966Call £6.00£20.25£39.56River  A   KKripplerCheck    jay1966Bet £20.25£40.50£19.31

Comments

• edited February 2012
    Dont like the flop re-raise in a limped pot v fish; just call imo no need to try and bluff a unknown who seems bad from the word go. as played, the turn bet is too big, i would check here, for reasons stated. River is an easy fold v unknown, but very strange line from villain, he looks weak but im sure there will be better spots than this.
  • edited February 2012
    Y not reraise the flop, dont think i should check call flop, if blank hits turn do i check call again or check fold, think the check raise was valid in a limped pot.

On the river, despite hittin top pair, im only really beating a bluff. Is there anything he is betting for value tht i beat.
  • edited February 2012
    raise pre

bet flop, prefer c/c to c/r

check turn

whats plan when u check river. Prob fold to pot bet readless
  • edited February 2012
    In Response to Re: Call/Fold on the river?:
    Y not reraise the flop, dont think i should check call flop, if blank hits turn do i check call again or check fold, think the check raise was valid in a limped pot. 
    Posted by KKrippler
    Re raising the flop is silly, he is not repping much, flush draw is all you beat, and thats a small piece of his range, and you want to keep his semi-bluffs in, why are you repping the 7 trying to get a fold when you have decent equity in the hand? are you stacking off when 3-bet? its poss that he has medium pairs in his range, and i doubt he is folding these, hard without reads but re-raising flop is bad overall.

fold river without reads 
  • edited February 2012
    Dont know whether raising his good play against unknown pre flop. I am getting called nearly all the time against oppo and im oop with ace 5.

My plan was to check call a bet, but when he pot bets the river, his range either all or nothing. I was unsure whether a call on the river would b profitable long term.
  • edited February 2012
    Dont know whether raising his good play against unknown pre flop. I am getting called nearly all the time against oppo and im oop with ace 5. My plan was to check call a bet, but when he pot bets the river, his range either all or nothing. I was unsure whether a call on the river would b profitable long term.
    Posted by KKrippler
    His shove is strange, does not look like a 7, but i think it is too close to call to ever be profitable, you need to be right a lot of the time, reads help.
  • edited February 2012
    maybe not the right play but i called on the river n oppo had pocket fours.
  • edited February 2012
    maybe not the right play but i called on the river n oppo had pocket fours.
    Posted by KKrippler
    good call

In the long run though i think playing these spots "small ball" is more profitable imo,  esp if you have v little fold equity(consider board texture) . . .bloating the pot v a fish with a draw, cant be the best play.