You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Bad Shove on the Bubble or Bad Timing?

edited February 2012 in The Poker Clinic
Hi all,

Yet again, I've bubbled the seats in an SPT Brighton satellite :( gutted

Was this a bad shove considering it's the bubble or do you think it's a perfectly legitimate move?

Info is, 8 seats available, 9 people left, I'm on the 4handed table, the guy in the SB has just doubled up by knocking out the short stack to take us down to 9 literally 1 or 2 hands ago. I was 9th place, Jonozie was 8th place and after doubling up so recently I thought he'd be reluctant to call off for his stack now he was back in a better position.

Thoughts?
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
JONONZIE Small blind   300.00 300.00 6082.50
EBBERDON Big blind   600.00 900.00 9556.00
  Your hole cards
  • A

Easylife09 Fold        
Lambert180 All-in   5455.50 6355.50 0.00
JONONZIE Call   5155.50 11511.00 927.00
EBBERDON Fold        
JONONZIE Show
  • K
  • A

Lambert180 Show
  • A

Flop

Turn

• J

River

JONONZIE Win Pair of 10s 11511.00   12438.00

Comments

• edited February 2012
    I would make that move every time in an unopened pot with your stack on the button EXCEPT for in a sat near the bubble.
  • edited February 2012
    Would be a tight fold and in a sat it may be wise, but your UL the blinds wake up with a hand

Your in last place here so stealing the blinds from btn is standard

unopened don't even have to look just get em in ) shame you haven't got 40% when called :(
  • edited February 2012
    It's fine.
    Would be doing it with much less than a suited Ace.

Ebberdon should be calling v.tight wi th his stack, therefore if you don't jam, Jononzie should be jamming any two.
    If that happened your position becomes less favourable.

If you gain chips, and move above Jononzie, the onus is back on him to make the next move.
  • edited February 2012
    so basically next 1 out and u have made it i think this a fold in a normal mtt this is a snap shove but as it is only 1 more player to go out and u have qualified i am folding here basically your hand is a bluff the reason i say this if u get called u are never in good shape for instance if u get called more likely u are dominated by a higher kicker or a pair i rather go all in on suited conectors y is this well if u get called your going to be live and ya never much of a under dog against low pairs 
  • edited February 2012
    Fold pre. You have 9bb's and you only need 1 chip to go through. You can go down to as little as 3/4 bb's and still have fold equity on the bubble of a sat.  I think it was JohnConnor on here who wrote a very good article on how to play  sat's. I'll see if I can find it.
  • edited February 2012
    Yeah with you being last this is a great spot to nick chips which you need, just unlucky he finds a big hand, most times he has air and folds as you know. 
  • edited February 2012
    Fold pre for me, definatevely only called by worse.  If shoving A2 may aswell be shoving ATC.

Open both tables.  I'd favour waiting out a collision to occur @ 8/9 when our stack is this low.

If it doesnt look like people are going to clash def get it in within next orbit.

• edited February 2012
    Think you can go either way on ths one, and it depends a lot on your image and villains

We are only getting called by better obv, but A2 prob has better equity v calling range than random cards, and against decent villains we get tonnes of folds
  • edited February 2012
    Close call, but I suspect I would shove as well. As has been said, you are only getting called by hands that have you dominated, but I would rate your chances of getting it through about 80-90% of the time.
  • edited February 2012
     was ul but jon had to call there
  • edited February 2012
    In Response to Re: Bad Shove on the Bubble or Bad Timing?:
     was ul but jon had to call there
    Posted by mickgil75
    Lol Yeah of course he had to 100% was just wondering if I should have shoved