You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Sky losing the plot

edited April 2012 in Area 51
I used to enjoy playing my poker on this site but as the months has gone on I have started to realise that standard on here is dropping and will continue to drop unless Sky look out how badly they run the MTT's.  Bounty hunters used to be fun when they 1st started but now there seem to be a major overkill on here.  I dont understand how they can run 3 bounty hunter main events a week and then still have another 4 high roller bounty hunters.  But if that was not enough Why not run another 3k bounty hunter at 20:30 a 2k bounty hunter at 21:00 and then maybe a 1k a bit later.

What has happened to the deepstack or freezeout tournament?  Now they got this new timed tournament structure that will only damage the game we love even more.  People are encouraged to gamble on this site even though we are suppose to be playing a game of skill.  I have had enough hearing about people losing with premium hands to the likes of 8 2 o/s or 2 3 etc.  all because they want the bounty but dont look at the bigger picture.  How can you call 30bb with 8 2 0/s and when you get lucky all the other players will tell you it was a nice hand.  

I do believe that Sky will never produce a top British pro because of this.  I do respect a lot of good players on here and have nothing against anyone who plays on the site.  You can understand that sky is getting in top pros from other sites to come and do hand analysis but why get someone like Ross Jarvis who is a very good cash player to comment on tournament play as he has said himself he doesnt like it.  I think to be fair there are only 3 people on Sky that can give out advice on all forms of the game and they are Tikay, Carlo and Julian.

But as for now I have played my last hand on sky and have moved on to another site that can offer the games I want to play and the standard is much better.  It will be no suprise to any of you that I am not the only one leaving but 10 other regulars have joined me with a few to follow.  So sky has lost 10 priority members in the last 4 days and I expect the number will only go up.

Good luck to you all and I hope the site will improve over time but till then I am off.

Comments

• edited February 2012
    zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Although fair point on the BHs.
  • edited February 2012
    In Response to Sky losing the plot:
    I used to enjoy playing my poker on this site but as the months has gone on I have started to realise that standard on here is dropping and will continue to drop unless Sky look out how badly they run the MTT's.  Bounty hunters used to be fun when they 1st started but now there seem to be a major overkill on here.  I dont understand how they can run 3 bounty hunter main events a week and then still have another 4 high roller bounty hunters.  But if that was not enough Why not run another 3k bounty hunter at 20:30 a 2k bounty hunter at 21:00 and then maybe a 1k a bit later. What has happened to the deepstack or freezeout tournament?  Now they got this new timed tournament structure that will only damage the game we love even more.  People are encouraged to gamble on this site even though we are suppose to be playing a game of skill.  I have had enough hearing about people losing with premium hands to the likes of 8 2 o/s or 2 3 etc.  all because they want the bounty but dont look at the bigger picture.  How can you call 30bb with 8 2 0/s and when you get lucky all the other players will tell you it was a nice hand.   I do believe that Sky will never produce a top British pro because of this.  I do respect a lot of good players on here and have nothing against anyone who plays on the site.  You can understand that sky is getting in top pros from other sites to come and do hand analysis but why get someone like Ross Jarvis who is a very good cash player to comment on tournament play as he has said himself he doesnt like it.  I think to be fair there are only 3 people on Sky that can give out advice on all forms of the game and they are Tikay, Carlo and Julian. But as for now I have played my last hand on sky and have moved on to another site that can offer the games I want to play and the standard is much better.  It will be no suprise to any of you that I am not the only one leaving but 10 other regulars have joined me with a few to follow.  So sky has lost 10 priority members in the last 4 days and I expect the number will only go up. Good luck to you all and I hope the site will improve over time but till then I am off.
    Posted by omg_u_call
    Don't know why you complain about playing versus bad players, defies logic :S

Have to agree with the lack of freezouts, BH dominate - but they are popular.

I doubt anyone has really thought about this prperly.
    This site is linked to Sky BINGO and Sky VEGAS, you wonder why it's full of gamblers taking long shots )

think about it, if this was a pure poker only site then the standard would be better overall

all the best

• edited February 2012
    Yep, loads of terrible plays in Bounty Hunters lately, standards defo dropping. Here's a typical example taken from a tournament played 2 weeks ago;
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    GaryQQQ Small blind  10.00 10.00 1990.00
    THISnTHAT2 Big blind  20.00 30.00 1980.00
     Your hole cards
    • K
    • K

b123n Fold     
    omg_u_call Call  20.00 50.00 1980.00
    JonesyTHFC Raise  60.00 110.00 1940.00
    marshy78 Fold     
    GaryQQQ Raise  170.00 280.00 1820.00
    THISnTHAT2 Fold     
    omg_u_call Call  160.00 440.00 1820.00
    JonesyTHFC Fold     
    Flop

GaryQQQ Bet  330.00 770.00 1490.00
    omg_u_call All-in  1820.00 2590.00 0.00
    GaryQQQ All-in  1490.00 4080.00 0.00
    GaryQQQ Show
    • K
    • K

omg_u_call Show

Turn

River

GaryQQQ Win Two Pairs, Kings and 7s 4080.00  4080.00
  • edited February 2012
    so because I take u as a lag player there I make one missread u think it is fair to post that.......I agree it was a bad play but these things happen
  • edited February 2012
    I am super pleased that the standard appears to be dropping, I think that the site has become over saturated with timed/bounty hunters though. It needs some balancing with standard freezeouts/speed tourneys (and not f'ing rebuys).

What ever happened to the TSP Classic? That tourno was great then when it got taken off for UKOPS1 it gets replaced by a £22 BH ffs.
  • edited February 2012
    As for the standard thing, abit ridiculous.  Some very very good players on sky,  who WILL suceed in biggish live events. 
    Personally i agree that frankly bounty hunters are awful, thats my opinion and i just choose not to play them.

About moving site,  could'nt agree more, sit n gos just don't run anymore.  The 40 -50  regular DYM players has swifitly become 6-10 players,  now that the players have left,   including myself.  (i will still play the odd tourne and DYM on sky)  I think theres pretty much no chance of them returning due to the new  3 month + Priortiy thing.

ahh welll
  • edited February 2012
    Agree that there are 2 many bh's, also you get people sayin ' thats what you want, you want bad players' in cash games fair enough, but in tournaments once they donk you out thats it there's no going back. Less bh's more freezouts.
  • edited February 2012

the problem for sky is bounty hunters seem to attract much larger fields thank freeze outs, so they are going to keep putting more of theese on untill people stop playing them

• edited February 2012
    In Response to Re: Sky losing the plot:
    Agree that there are 2 many bh's, also you get people sayin ' thats what you want, you want bad players' in cash games fair enough, but in tournaments once they donk you out thats it there's no going back. Less bh's more freezouts.
    Posted by murray69
    Lol at this post. I ALWAYS want to play against bad players, it's how you make money. Had a hand in a BH where a player called a shorties all-in and then when I've shoved over the top with QQ to put him all in,snap called with 5 8 suited. shorty binked a K on river to triple up and I took Mr 5 8's bounty and still made a profit on the hand. A good player might call with 5 8 but never the reshove. Keep them bad players calling please.
  • edited February 2012
    In online poker it seems some players only want to play against amazing players who can defeat them.
  • edited February 2012
    Also, why on earth has this been moved.   Its about as general as poker chat can get,  talking about too many bounty hunters, and bad players.  Much more general than 75 percent of ther posts in general poer chat.  Just saying.
  • edited February 2012

Well to be honest i prefer Bounty Hunters,as they spread the prizemoney over a larger field this making more people happy.
  • edited February 2012
    hahaha @ garys post.
    Dunno why its been moved.
    Agree with the bh thing, wouldn't mind but the prize pools are horrendous.
    Not enough freezeout tourneys.
    and finally, dont moan about bad play.
  • edited February 2012
    I dont mind the bad players but what gets me is the fact that sky run these poker schools on 865 but yet encourage people to play badly and gamible in bh's and timed tournies.
  • edited February 2012
    In Response to Re: Sky losing the plot:
    I dont mind the bad players but what gets me is the fact that sky run these poker schools on 865 but yet encourage people to play badly and gamible in bh's and timed tournies.
    Posted by omg_u_call
    Still trying to work out the logic here. I want to play bad players not good ones. If there are more bad players in bounty hunters, seems a sensible game to play.
  • edited February 2012
    nothing wrong with the bounty hunters there is a way of playing them and it aint like a freeze out game its a higher risk game with people shoving with anything but thats a good thing and its all about the timing if you cant figure that out dont play um.

But i do agree that the lack of freeze out tornys are silly. And dont understand why there arnt so many anymore, your prob right in thinking its the rake thing and sky make more money on boutny hunter tornys.
  • edited February 2012

You once suggested that we avoid eachother in the HU sngs....

At the time I thought it was a compliment, now I'm not so sure :(
  • edited February 2012
    DOHHHHHHH.....I will never take you seriously even if they paid me.......the post is not about the amount of bad players because we dont mind that but more to do that sky is encouring it.  Maybe in cash it is different but as a tournie player you dont want to gamble all of your stack.  just one of those things.
  • edited February 2012
    what go.s around, comes around. omg.be lucky