You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Facing decent sized bet on the turn Vs Fish, (V wet board)...

edited February 2012 in The Poker Clinic
Villain is a fish it may be a small sample stats wise but he is bad, do i c-bet flop? what is my play on the turn?

$50.00 USD NL Texas Hold'em - 
Table Gaspra IX (Real Money)
Seat 1 is the button
Seat 1: Player1 ( $35.80 USD ) - VPIP: 49, PFR: 20, 3B: 5, AF: 2.6, Hands: 89
Seat 2: Player2 ( $63.23 USD ) - 
Seat 3: Player3 ( $57.61 USD ) -
Seat 4: Hero ( $61.28 USD ) - 
Seat 5: Player5 ( $62.89 USD ) - 
Seat 6: Player6 ( $53.37 USD ) - VPIP: 23, PFR: 19, 3B: 0, AF: 3.0, Hands: 124
Player2 posts small blind [$0.25 USD].
Player3 posts big blind [$0.50 USD].
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to Hero [  Qc Ah ]
Hero raises [$1.50 USD]
Player5 folds
Player6 calls [$1.50 USD]
Player1 calls [$1.50 USD]
Player2 folds
Player3 folds
** Dealing Flop ** [ Qd, 6d, Td ] (5.25)
Hero checks
Player6 checks
Player1 bets [$4.00 USD]
Hero calls [$4.00 USD]
Player6 folds
** Dealing Turn ** [ 7s ] (13.25)
Hero checks
Player1 bets [$9.00 USD]
Hero ???

Comments

• edited February 2012
    ugh horrible spot, prob call again

Im betting flop though
  • edited February 2012
    whatr was ur plan with the c/c on the flop ..? id defo be bettin as we had the aggression pre flop, flop TPTK and can get called by soo much... as for the turn, our percieved range to villain looks weak and fish love to bet anyway, especially with hands like KQ JQ with a diamond.. he's not folding much after puttin in over 1/3rd of his money so raise all in 
  • edited February 2012
    I prob cbet flop too, now that you've taken the passive route I can't see what else you can do but call now and c/c any non diamond river.

Might be thinking along the wrong lines though..
  • edited February 2012
    Reason i dont c-bet flop is

1. i gain more info by checking i think, i know player 6(seems tag-ish) will always lead 2 pair, set, Adx here, always! and i can out-play fish any day so don't really mind what he does.

2. If my c-bet is re-raised, i am always second guessing and could potentially stack off with the worst hand or fold the best hand. Also if fish(short stack) has an Ad, or pair with random diamond he is likely to jam the flop, giving himself maximum equity in the hand(if i call), +FE.

3. I elect to call fish lead on the flop, for reasons above(rather than c/r), nice to see player-6 getting out of the way.

The turn is a very nice card, if villain has F-draw he has less equity now with 1 card to come, cant really call his lead here, but i was happy with my hand (if he had 2-pair hand then so be it) i shove he snap calls with Ad 3c, river bricks, easy money.

please feel free to scrutinise my logic lol....
  • edited February 2012
    all the times it checks through and we end up losing to pair+ fd makes checking worse than cbetting imo