You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Fold on flop, Yes/No

edited February 2012 in The Poker Clinic
The table has just gone from a 6 max to the two of us. Hes folding alot on the bb and has only three bet me the once. We have been playing for ten minutes heads up so not much of a dynamic.

He makes this massive overbet all in on the flop, n (which im guilty of alot) i snapped called n didnt take my time with the call.

What do u think?

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalanceMucka1Small blind £0.25£0.25£209.33KKripplerBig blind £0.50£0.75£120.84 Your hole cardsJJ   Mucka1Raise £1.25£2.00£208.08KKripplerRaise £4.00£6.00£116.84Mucka1Call £3.00£9.00£205.08Flop  2810   KKripplerBet £6.75£15.75£110.09Mucka1All-in £205.08£220.83£0.00KKripplerAll-in £110.09£330.92£0.00

Comments

• edited February 2012
    I'd prob fold with no idea of ranges. You are nearly always slightly ahead or way behind so fold for me

3betting pre is obv fine, but I dont hate just flatting oop this deep esp if he is any way tricky
  • edited February 2012
    dont understand villains play one bit(unless theres some history between you two), you have a few blockers to a lot of draws, so i doubt he is semi-bluffing with a strong draw esp with it being a small pot. Without decent info on villain i think it is impossible to give an answer, i think i might call this? i dunno. Crazy play from villain.

• edited February 2012
    Agree the line from oppo was strange.

Is it bad to be all in on the flop with JJ here being over 200bbs deep.

N what hands is he doing this play with, J,9 hearts, an overpair, A,10?
  • edited February 2012
    Scratch J,9 hearts, think its pretty difficult for him to have that hand
  • edited February 2012
    I guess hes got t8, only draw he might do this with imo is 97hh or akhh
  • edited February 2012
    Still not sure whether im right to call or not. I think its a fold readless.

He had a set of two's for what its worth, was suprised and dissapointed to find out he had it.
  • edited February 2012
    In Response to Re: Fold on flop, Yes/No:
    Still not sure whether im right to call or not. I think its a fold readless. He had a set of two's for what its worth, was suprised and dissapointed to find out he had it.
    Posted by KKrippler
    You sure wont make the same mistake v this villain again, it was a tricky spot ....I think your dissapinted because you knew it should have been a fold. Sky does not have a time bank, so i can understand that it was a tough spot, since the pot is so small im Think i would be closer to folding than calling, hard to say TBH.
  • edited February 2012
    i was gonna say he  had a set.. purley because he done the same to me wen i had AA's and only 100b deep but the note has been taken.. losing soo much value from a rare hand .. what a waste.. oh well thats 2 ppl he's stacked now and now he knows he can  do it with 93 and make me fold my worthless pair :)
  • edited February 2012
    Depends if oppo does this with draws & monsters
    Your only really beating a draw in this spot

readless gotta be a fold, but if oppo does this with draws - then you can't fold :S
  • edited February 2012
    Depends if oppo does this with draws & monsters Your only really beating a draw in this spot readless gotta be a fold, but if oppo does this with draws - then you can't fold :S
    Posted by rancid
    Not really. His draws have far more equity v JJ than JJ has v his monsters. Has to be a good few more draws than made hands in his range to make it a call
  • edited February 2012
    In Response to Re: Fold on flop, Yes/No : Not really. His draws have far more equity v JJ than JJ has v his monsters. Has to be a good few more draws than made hands in his range to make it a call
    Posted by grantorino

Guess so