You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Would a herocall be pure spew?

edited February 2012 in The Poker Clinic
Not many hands on either

BB seems solid, slightly on nitty side
Btn plays a good few hands, hes definitely not really bad, but makes some strange bets

Its a small pot and all that but I really want to call this, am I a spew monkey? BB looks fos to me and I think theres a good chance btn folds if I call. Obv I walk into 45 sometimes, is this a bluff often enough? Prob not, will see what ye think
SBSmall blind  £0.10 £0.10 £26.34
BBBig blind  £0.20 £0.30 £19.00
 Your hole cards
  • A

UTGFold     
MP Fold     
grantorino Raise  £0.60 £0.90 £19.40
BTN Call  £0.60 £1.50 £31.55
SB Fold     
BB Call  £0.40 £1.90 £18.60
Flop

• Q

BBCheck     
grantorino Check     
Btn Check     
Turn

BBCheck     
grantorino Check     
BTN Check     
River

• A

BBCheck     
grantorino Check     
BTN Bet  £0.60 £2.50 £30.95
BB Raise  £2.20 £4.70 £16.40
grantorino

Comments

• edited February 2012
    If BB is nitty I can't see him check raising river with bluffs too much, although maybe he's using that image you have of him to his advantage...
  • edited February 2012
    think it's a fold

• edited February 2012
    think its an easy fold mate, if hes bluffing let him have it, the pots tiny
  • edited February 2012
    I couldn't hit the fold button quick enough.
  • edited February 2012
    ok, folding prob best. But I would be interested in what you think villains range is here, after flop and turn check thru that he c/r river
  • edited February 2012
    In Response to Re: Would a herocall be pure spew?:
    ok, folding prob best. But I would be interested in what you think villains range is here, after flop and turn check thru that he c/r river
    Posted by grantorino
    yer ive seen this line loads. usually i let them do it for a while then carefully pick a spot to re-raise them. I try to make sure im comfortable getting it all in though.
  • edited February 2012
    In Response to Re: Would a herocall be pure spew? : yer ive seen this line loads. usually i let them do it for a while then carefully pick a spot to re-raise them. I try to make sure im comfortable getting it all in though.
    Posted by The_Don90
    Sorry Don, this isnt making sense to me. You see a reggy looking guy c/r river 3way after flop and turn check thru often? Then you wait for a spot you are happy getting it in, how often do you get this after not betting flop  turn or river? What kind of hands do they show?

Also Im not happy getting it in here, so I assume you think I should fold
  • edited February 2012
    It looks very bluffy but given reads on BB i would think its a fairly straightforward fold on the river, you have'nt got much invested so why bother.

As for range, could nitty BB be doing this with hands like A2, A3 or even A9 suited or is he way too nitty? It looks like he could have somesort of showdown value but isnt comfy betting it but hits the river quite hard. Could easily be 2 pair sort of hand but i feel he would lead river and if he is nitty he folds these pre! meh, like i say, looks bluffy and it doesnt make much sense and i too would want to call it but i think we are out kicked enough to just get away for 60p. Could easily have A,10 or A,J type of hand and with BTN still to act behind its still a bit of a risky spot to be messing about here imo.
  • edited February 2012
  • edited February 2012
    looks bluffy but what r u beating here opps range could b wide maybe c bet on flop may hav given u more clues on opps standing, def fold
  • edited February 2012
    In Response to Re: Would a herocall be pure spew? : Sorry Don, this isnt making sense to me. You see a reggy looking guy c/r river 3way after flop and turn check thru often? Then you wait for a spot you are happy getting it in, how often do you get this after not betting flop  turn or river? What kind of hands do they show? Also Im not happy getting it in here, so I assume you think I should fold
    Posted by grantorino
    What i mean is some people do this often. Ive seen it countless times at lower stakes mate. I teand to note these opponents and ill be more likley to slow play against them knowing they'll often check raise the river. Im not saying that will work v this specific opponent.

Other times this works is when your on the BB and you river some freakish two pair on a dry board.

Being honest when commenting i forgot that it was 3-way when replying.
  • edited February 2012
    given your reads on BB, very easy fold

May just spew to confirm my notes r valid but hey I spew probably too much
  • edited February 2012

Hi,

Thank you for your post,
    If you would like us to show your hand in tomorrows poker clinic, please let us know the hand ID and which table its from as we can only show tables with the TV icon.

All the best

TV Team

• edited February 2012
    It's a very bizzare play. 

If he wants to bluff or has a strong river hand why is he not just leading out after you and the BTN check flop+turn. If he has a credible hand on the turn why isn't he protecting the turn when it's drawy?

Has the BTN been attacking a lot of rivers when people check? It could be a play based on reads he has on the BTN....
  • edited February 2012
    looks like snap fold to me.  Lot of weird 2pr priced hands n far batter A's out there, plus we arent closing the action.

River raising range with 3 players getting there for free is going to be pretty narrow,  I dont see a worse hand opening or raising the river