You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

have to put this down?

edited March 2012 in The Poker Clinic
only been on table 10 mins, player hasnt stepped oput of line in that time. im thinking a set but thoughts welcome.
lasher2805Small blind £0.05£0.05£23.04
GFKIJKLLBig blind £0.10£0.15£25.26
 Your hole cards
  • Q
  • A

shire40Fold    
pod1Raise £0.30£0.45£17.24
teddy991Fold    
STR1BSFold    
lasher2805Call £0.25£0.70£22.79
GFKIJKLLFold    
Flop

• Q

lasher2805Check    
pod1Bet £0.53£1.23£16.71
lasher2805Call £0.53£1.76£22.26
Turn

lasher2805Check    
pod1Bet £1.32£3.08£15.39
lasher2805Raise £4.62£7.70£17.64
pod1Call £3.30£11.00£12.09
River

lasher2805All-in £17.64£28.64£0.00
pod1Fold    
lasher2805Muck    
lasher2805Win £10.17 £10.17
lasher2805Return £17.64£0.83£27.81

Comments

• edited February 2012
    Correct fold imo.Id say he prob has set or because your pre raise was small 9/7,6/8 hands can get in cheap so he could of turned st8 or 2 pair.Yes you have have tptk but to this all in its never worth donking your stack.If he shows KQ fair play but its deffo the correct fold in the long term m8.

All id say is i norm raise higher with AQ/AK hands to get rid of suited connecting hands and the 7/9.6/8,10/8 drosh.
  • edited February 2012
    I think I'd probz decide on the turn either way, most likely fold as he's shown a lot of strength, if you call turn bet then river is pretty much a brick apart from flush completing but FD would probz c/r on flop.
  • edited February 2012
    do i really want to get rid of them though?
  • edited February 2012
    i dont think i can put it down at the first sign of resistance dude, but obviously alarm bells are ringing!
  • edited February 2012
    You say player hasn't stepped out of line but now c/c flop then c/r turn, seems pretty strong to me, plus it is just NL10 so I'd think people aren't bluffing a massive amount.
  • edited February 2012
    c/c is as standard as it comes pre at nl10 as you know and that doesnt tell us anything, the c/r is were it gets concerning

• edited February 2012
    Yes c/c on flop could be lots of hands but when coupled with turn c/r you have to assign a range he'd do that with and obvz it includes sets so 66/88, QQ unlikely with pre action but also maybe lucky 10's that called standard cbet.

Then loose 79 pre that hit str8.

Could also be weirdly played KQ/QJ but I'd think that would be a smallish percent of total range that would be more inclined to c/c turn as well. 

Delayed c/r with FD but most decent players know they have more equity on flop.
  • edited February 2012
    i was leaning towards 66 88, its how i would play it !
  • edited February 2012
    In Response to Re: have to put this down?:
    i was leaning towards 66 88, its how i would play it !
    Posted by pod1
    Did you put him on that on the turn, if not what range did you have him on on the turn?

As by calling you must have him on a lot of bluffs overplayed KQ etc.
  • edited February 2012
    A 10 crossed my mind and they didnt put me on the q as i have pretty much cbetted evey flop i have opened. with me calling the intial reraise on turn they had to put me on  a decent hand, so either they were trying to get me off with a massive overbet or getting max value.
  • edited February 2012
    ps, now i have been on table with same player for last 1.5 hrs i can safely say they can do this with any 2!!! lol

• edited February 2012
  • edited February 2012
  • edited February 2012
    Prob just knows your a nit and would release :p

Nah, looks like your beat.  Def fold River, maybe turn, not sure.

• edited March 2012
    Without much of a read, this is a fold imo. What I would say regarding the turn is without much read at the point of the hand, why call the re raise, then fold when a deuce drops on the river. It may sound nitty, but with no read at all, I don't mind folding the re raise on the turn, especially if your intention is to fold the river.

With more of a read, which you gathered during the session, then I can make an arguement for calling it off if you think he's capable of c/raising a pair and flush/straight draw and total air. In this instance, his line looks incredibly strong. Correct river fold though
  • edited March 2012
    thanks for reply andy, i think the size of the river bet  played a part in what i did. probably saved me some cash tbf by jamming.
  • edited March 2012
    The jam on the river screams strength, so it makes it an easy fold. What I would say, if he bets something likr £7 on the river, I'd probably still have to let it go. At these stakes, it's rare for total unknowns to c/c flop then c/r without 2 pair plus, that's why I would give up the turn in this instance, but the river jam makes it an easy fold