You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

help with omaha please.....

edited February 2012 in The Poker Clinic
apart from a couple of small games I have never really played omaha before, but decided to play this omaha mtt as part of darntootins flops..

I understand the rules of the game and also understand it is drawing game but thats as far as it goes.

Anyway, I lasted one hand!!!! lol

I explained to the guys on the table that i was new to the game and asked if my hand was good enough to get it in with....there is only the river to come and I have the 3rd nuts.....the reply was no my hand wasn't good enough. Can somebody please explain why..as it stands i'm losing to aa and jj, but are there too many draws to risk putting my stack in?

Damn it is a complicated game lol please help!
philip104 Small blind  10.00 10.00 1990.00
waller02 Big blind  20.00 30.00 1980.00
 Your hole cards

soulie Call  20.00 50.00 1980.00
MYSHARKY Fold     
yidette9 Fold     
Quacka7 Fold     
philip104 Call  10.00 60.00 1980.00
waller02 Check     
Flop

• J

philip104 Bet  20.00 80.00 1960.00
waller02 Raise  80.00 160.00 1900.00
soulie Fold     
philip104 Call  60.00 220.00 1900.00
Turn

• A

philip104 Check     
waller02 Bet  165.00 385.00 1735.00
philip104 Raise  715.00 1100.00 1185.00
waller02 Raise  1375.00 2475.00 360.00
philip104 All-in  1185.00 3660.00 0.00
waller02 All-in  360.00 4020.00 0.00
philip104 Show
  • J
  • J

waller02 Show

River

• K

philip104 Win Three Jacks 4020.00

Comments

• edited February 2012
    u hit miidle set which is a good hand in omaha not a massive hand i think your mistake here is on the turn not on the flop i like your raise to 80 to get the pot bigger when the turn comes an ace you are getting beat by 2 hand i say this alot if the nuts is out there somke 1 has probably got it anyway the turn bet i am never raising this turn i would like to pot control here by raising i think u are only getting called by a better hand ya bound to lose chips in this hand but think the turn bet raise was a big mistake here i hope i have helped good luck in future omaha tourneys 
  • edited February 2012
    In Response to Re: help with omaha please.....:
    u hit miidle set which is a good hand in omaha not a massive hand i think your mistake here is on the turn not on the flop i like your raise to 80 to get the pot bigger when the turn comes an ace you are getting beat by 2 hand i say this alot if the nuts is out there somke 1 has probably got it anyway the turn bet i am never raising this turn i would like to pot control here by raising i think u are only getting called by a better hand ya bound to lose chips in this hand but think the turn bet raise was a big mistake here i hope i have helped good luck in future omaha tourneys 
    Posted by IDONKCALLU[/QUOTE

but by flat calling the villains raise i have commited almost half my stack and given myself a tough decision on the river......i know in holdem i'm going broke here everytime....omaha is a tricky game!!!!

fwiw i don't think i will be playing many more omaha games
  • edited February 2012
    In Response to Re: help with omaha please.....:
    In Response to Re: help with omaha please..... :
    u hit miidle set which is a good hand in omaha not a massive hand i think your mistake here is on the turn not on the flop i like your raise to 80 to get the pot bigger when the turn comes an ace you are getting beat by 2 hand i say this alot if the nuts is out there somke 1 has probably got it anyway the turn bet i am never raising this turn i would like to pot control here by raising i think u are only getting called by a better hand ya bound to lose chips in this hand but think the turn bet raise was a big mistake here i hope i have helped good luck in future omaha tourneys  Posted by IDONKCALLU[/QUOTE but by flat calling the villains raise i have commited almost half my stack and given myself a tough decision on the river......i know in holdem i'm going broke here everytime....omaha is a tricky game!!!! fwiw i don't think i will be playing many more omaha games
    Posted by waller02
    dont think you did much wrong myself.
    tough to put him on AA after no raise pre flop so you could only be losing to JJ think he would of played 9T the same way.
    after he bets out after the turn looks like he was hoping for a cheap river 
    personally think the chips were going in no matter how you played it 
    keep at omaha its a swingy game but very fun!