You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

NL8 facing 4 bet from random w/AK

edited February 2012 in The Poker Clinic
Dilema of AK

At these levels (NL8/NL10) where random range is dam narrow regardless of effective stack are we happy getting it in here
Is AK not just Ace high, does AK go up in value versus Regs as opposed to randoms or do we always think randoms get it in bad
Or when 4 bet like this is is oppo turning their cards face up, so it's a fold
Versus randoms are we better off flatting here and taking a flop
At these levels hardly anyone 3 bet's let alone 4 bet's without AA/KK unless they have form, does anyone agree with this or am I just getting it in regardless w/AK 100% of the time when facing a 4 bet

Note sure I should be
Opnions, comments - very welcome plz
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
cherry4 Small blind   £0.04 £0.04 £4.90
buddy672 Big blind   £0.08 £0.12 £8.24
  Your hole cards
  • K
  • A

thebookie2 Raise   £0.24 £0.36 £5.88
rancid Raise   £0.88 £1.24 £10.52
legs200 Fold        
KIPKOP99 Fold        
cherry4 Fold        
buddy672 Fold        
thebookie2 Raise   £2.56 £3.80 £3.32
rancid

Comments

• edited February 2012
    Once you 3bet you have to get it in IMO, especially just 76bbs effective.

If however you think there's more value in calling IP and seeing what flop brings you could do that but for me AK is just too big to slow play like that.

Also I presume this is a random which for me makes it even more profitable to get it in.
  • edited February 2012
    In Response to Re: NL8 facing 4 bet from random w/AK:
    Once you 3bet you have to get it in IMO, especially just 76bbs effective. If however you think there's more value in calling IP and seeing what flop brings you could do that but for me AK is just too big to slow play like that. Also I presume this is a random which for me makes it even more profitable to get it in.
    Posted by Dudeskin8
    Even if effective is 100bb and we are 4 bet like this by a random, do we happily ship it
    I always thought yes, but starting to change my mind when readless versus random
  • edited February 2012
    Happier to get it in v randoms than v regularse's!

It's probably Queens, jacks, or another AK. Occsionally gonna be AA/KK obv. 

But the times they peel your 3b with worse hands and fold flop/stack off when you're dominating them post flop makes the 3b/get it in line the right one. imo ofc. 

• edited February 2012
    Vs random im getting it in here

does look very strong but cant fold AK when ppl get attached to KQ/KJ/suited cards, against a random range AK gotta be crushing. If its against a reg bit more sigh but at least you can narrow their range a bit more then close your eyes and click :p