You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Bluff reraise turn

Only just joined the table. After the oppo bet the turn ip i thought I could rep any two pair/set, and get decent fold equity frm a rivered shove r fold on turn. 

Is this play just pure spew or can I get alot of fold equity. Turning my drawing hand into semi bluff.

Felt it was a stronger line than check call.

Played opponent a bit lately, has a few moves but pretty standard player.

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalanceblogSmall blind £0.20£0.20£29.14KKripplerBig blind £0.40£0.60£41.14 Your hole cards10J   GoldtiaFold    SM0K3Y2474Fold    LilJemFold    richteaRaise £1.20£1.80£40.63blogCall £1.00£2.80£28.14KKripplerCall £0.80£3.60£40.34Flop  9A6   blogCheck    KKripplerCheck    richteaBet £2.40£6.00£38.23blogFold    KKripplerCall £2.40£8.40£37.94Turn  K   KKripplerCheck    richteaBet £5.00£13.40£33.23KKripplerRaise £12.80£26.20£25.14richteaCall £7.80£34.00£25.43River  8   KKripplerAll-in £25.14£59.14£0.00

Comments

• edited February 2012
    Dont hate it but if opting for this overall line I'd likely c/r flop open turn.  I'd rather be raising at highest point of equity, then firing turn regardless, rather than c/r turn overinflating pot when we have lost 50% of that equity.

You havent made it easy for him, is going to depend mostly on whether his reads/notes tell him your river shove is for value.  I think you'll get called reasonably light on river as played tho, A10 />

• edited March 2012
    +1 to what AMYBR says, shame he doesn't play poker on Sky, he could do quite well...

I like your line, semi-bluff on the turn is good, river is spewy
  • edited March 2012
    I assume you called then? :p
  • edited March 2012
    This is a bad spot to bluff because... you are repping v little, what calls the flop to suddenly go crazy on the k? K9? 66? Also you are bluffing in the dark, you'r oop, and  you are expecting so much from your oppo, do you expect him to fold an Ace on a board with no completed draws, this is spew-y imo.

The best line here is c/c flop, c,f turn....Re-raising flop is best compared to you'r line but since you are only drawing to the flush, no gut shot etc If villain has Asx he might fancy getting it in, also he will likely put you on the flush draw, therefore imo this is spew-y also. If you had 72o and the board came A89, and turns a 7, you'r line would work better since villain could legitimately put you on a realistic hand that could call the turn and raise the turn with.
  • edited March 2012
    I agree im putting myself in these awkward spots far too often.

The opponent had the Ace 8 of spades n called so i was drawing thin in this hand.

Thanks for ur inputs.
  • edited March 2012
    unless he thinks you slowplay sets on that board multiway dont raise turn

c/f river