You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

40nl

edited March 2012 in The Poker Clinic
Oppo just joined table, so readless, the oppo's check on the river made me think I could get him off the pot.

Ur opinions plz. These spots are ruining my session, seemed to get called down lighter than I expect.

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalanceKIBENSmall blind £0.20£0.20£30.33KKripplerBig blind £0.40£0.60£34.98 Your hole cardsKQ   foldemagenFold    KIBENRaise £1.40£2.00£28.93KKripplerCall £1.20£3.20£33.78Flop  5A9   KIBENBet £2.10£5.30£26.83KKripplerCall £2.10£7.40£31.68Turn  J   KIBENCheck    KKripplerBet £4.00£11.40£27.68KIBENRaise £8.00£19.40£18.83KKripplerCall £4.00£23.40£23.68River  4   KIBENCheck    KKripplerAll-in £23.68£47.08£0.00KIBENAll-in £18.83£65.91£0.00KKripplerUnmatched bet £4.85£61.06£4.85KIBENShow8A   KKripplerShowKQ   KIBENWinPair of Aces£59.26 £59.26

Comments

• edited March 2012
    im not sure what hand you're representing. 

when you flat his minraise on the turn a weak player is going to think they are ahead almost always here.

then the 4 on the river changes nothing...it looks like he was ahead on the turn so no reason to think that has changed.

are there any hands you shove for value on that river that you wouldn't reraise with on the turn to get it in?
  • edited March 2012
    suprised the villain called with ace rag any reg on this site would find a fold but this is about your play i would of raised the flop because u are getting middle pairs to fold and if villain calls your flop raise i would check the turn instead of betting for pot control and get a free card try hit your flush and tbh dnt like your all in suprised a 8 called but dnt like the all in here 
  • edited March 2012
    If I were you id put more effort into betting for value than getting people off their hands.  Your assuming people think as much as you in spots, which frankly, they dont.  Was my problem for a long time. 

Kind of seems like you put yourself in odd spots then out level yourself.  Frankly, if you are willing to play for it all on the river, you can apply equal pressure cheaper on earlier streets.  Am not essentialy advising this, but am saying if we are willing to put it in as a bluff on river, why not get it in (or larger pieces of your stack in) with equity on turn flop, rather than only being able to win pot when we can force a fold.  Oh, and learn how to take a free card :p

After seeing a few of your posts I suspect your table mates have a reasonable read on your objectives, river shove looks totally desperate in this spot btw.  Concentrate more on losing min, vbing max, rather than going after pots ott on river, which you seem to like to do alot :p  Problem is (silly as it sounds) this will work better mainly against better players,  But as there are more bad than good...................

River shove is really bad here after turn min cr.
  • edited March 2012

Krippler you are burning money, what makes you think he fold river with 18 behind?

3-bet pre, c-bet flop, check turn if checked to (If villain is still here ovc its then ovb he has A or some made hand; in other words; not folding) give up on the river; NEXT HAND!