You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

NL 50, is this really spewy?

edited March 2012 in The Poker Clinic
He was being pretty aggro and raising plenty. 

Flop - presume he's raising more with a decent hand.

Presumed he had an Ace for sure (when he flat calls) after the turn and would be betting or ch/raising if he had a flush.

River, the £10 bet on the river just looks like a blocker bet!? so was thinking IF he did have just the ace he wouldn't call, hence repping the flush.
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
BigBluster Small blind  £0.25 £0.25 £162.52
Die_hard Big blind  £0.50 £0.75 £97.25
 Your hole cards

POKEY2011 Fold     
hurst05 Fold     
MrSquidge Fold     
scotty77 Fold     
BigBluster Raise  £1.25 £2.00 £161.27
Die_hard Call  £1.00 £3.00 £96.25
Flop

• A
  • Q

BigBluster Check     
Die_hard Bet  £1.50 £4.50 £94.75
BigBluster Raise  £3.00 £7.50 £158.27
Die_hard Call  £1.50 £9.00 £93.25
Turn

BigBluster Check     
Die_hard Bet  £5.50 £14.50 £87.75
BigBluster Call  £5.50 £20.00 £152.77
River

BigBluster Bet  £10.00 £30.00 £142.77
Die_hard Raise  £30.00

Comments

• edited March 2012
    lol strange hand, villain raises pre, c/min-raise flop, checks turn!! that's got to be a huge tell to help you in the hand!(if played this guy b4).

River is an awful card to bluff imo, makes it unlikely you would re-raise the river with the flush, he may put you on a set that's filled up on the river? But looking at this oppo line i doubt you get him to fold an Ace ever, May get him off hands like KdQ, kk, kj, qj, jj.......not a great spot overall though.

Never try this v good oppo on this kind of board.
  • edited March 2012
    if you think that the river is a blocker bet then you can go to like 24

dont realli like this line tbh.  think its a pretty easy fold especially pre where its like a snap fold.
  • edited March 2012
    i think the 9 on the river is a bad card to make this move on. 

in my experience you would 3bet pre flop with AQ so his hand has been strengthened on the river because his kicker is now the queen. 

really weird hand.  regardless of result its spewy because there is just so few hands that you raise this river for value and the % of villains range you get to fold looks too small
  • edited March 2012

God knows why I was in the hand in the first place tbh.

Though once on the river, I thought he'd fold a bare ace (even though Q kicker) - what's he beating (except a bluff) that I'm not just going to flat call with!?

I should've posted the hand from his point of view lol.

• edited March 2012
    In Response to Re: NL 50, is this really spewy?:
    God knows why I was in the hand in the first place tbh. Though once on the river, I thought he'd fold a bare ace (even though Q kicker) - what's he beating (except a bluff) that I'm not just going to flat call with!? I should've posted the hand from his point of view lol.
    Posted by Die_hard
    Because one card was red, the other was black and together they can sometimes make a run?
  • edited March 2012
    Funnily enough - the title was going to mention for pryce not to bother posting his predictable childish comment. You really have a hard on for me pmsl.

Wouldn't matter if I posted the greatest play in the world, according to you it'd still be the worst lol.

I see you don't get involved as much with me anymore lol, except you still can't help piping up now and again lol.

See you on the tables bigshot.
  • edited March 2012
    Sorry I forgot to answer the thread title.

Yes.
  • edited March 2012
    In Response to Re: NL 50, is this really spewy?:
    Sorry I forgot to answer the thread title. Yes.
    Posted by pryce6
    See, there you go. Not too hard was it - back on topic now :)
  • edited March 2012
    i wanna aim to get a decnt br now see u on tables die hard :)
  • edited March 2012
    Lol see you soon :)

Just remember that I always play that spewy so there's plenty of money waiting for you ;)

Oh, not that it really matters, but I always like to know outcomes lol - he tanked right down and called with aq. Got the impression he'd have folded a lower a* from what he said, hence the question. 
  • edited March 2012
    Note to self, my notes on you seem correct ;)

But seriously, oppo is far from a nit so yes this sort of thing is spewy vs him