You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

£5 DYM - very short, flop TPNK

edited March 2012 in The Poker Clinic
No solid reads so oppo could have ATC or possible slow played monster....

pokermaskSmall blind 100.00100.004005.00
Dudeskin8Big blind 200.00300.001335.00
 Your hole cards

mickoFold    
piggoCall 200.00500.001685.00
pokermaskCall 100.00600.003905.00
Dudeskin8Check    
Flop

pokermaskCheck    
Dudeskin8

Comments

• edited March 2012

I would move all in. 
  • edited March 2012
  • edited March 2012
    In Response to Re: £5 DYM - very short, flop TPNK:
    I would move all in. 
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Same here.
  • edited March 2012
    I wouldn`t get any chips in here, you`re on the bubble in a 3 way pot with a button limp.

@ AMYBR:No point betting,might as well shove. Let the Sb and button go to war.

You only have 6 BBs left and button has 8, think he may have a hand imo. gl.
  • edited March 2012
    Shove imo. Can't bet as we're never folding anyway, so might as well just get in here.
  • edited March 2012
    I wouldn`t get any chips in here, you`re on the bubble in a 3 way pot with a button limp. @ AMYBR:No point betting,might as well shove. Let the Sb and button go to war. You only have 6 BBs left and button has 8, think he may have a hand imo. gl.
    Posted by davelufc

What worse hand calls us when we shove?  What better hand folds?  We are betting an amount that makes it clear we are committed (when we perhaps might not be with a 5 bb shoving bullet).  Achieves same as shove.  If we get stationed there are more good cards than bad for us to shove turn.  Get best of both worlds.

I hate shoving in these spots.  Our shove is more than 2x size of pot
  • edited March 2012
    Actually, had another look at the hand and changed my mind - Shove pre-flop, take down the 400 chips from the limpers, next hand :)

I agree with the posts which say you can't bet 425-475 then folding to a shove. If you're going to take that line, I would prefer a much smaller bet (250-300) which still has the same effect, and even then, I'm still not keen on bet/folding out of a 6.5bb stack.

I think shoving is still best, because we have fold equity, plus if we get called by a 9x hand, we usually have a decent amount of chop outs so it's still not a disaster. If opponent calls and turns over 4x or an overpair, UL, make notes.
  • edited March 2012
    Just me c/f here then!!!

Why would the button limp in from a stack of 9 BB`s?

If he`d have wanted to nick the blinds with ATC, he`d have shoved? no?

Just seems fishy to me.
  • edited March 2012
    Just me c/f here then!!! Why would the button limp in from a stack of 9 BB`s? If he`d have wanted to nick the blinds with ATC, he`d have shoved? no? Just seems fishy to me.
    Posted by davelufc
    Agree, would prefer c/f than shove.

Also agree with EvilP that a shove pre is an option also
  • edited March 2012
    all in, pick up pot

if oppo call, so what ) could easily call with pairs less than 9's
    if they fold we win pot, which is good

If oppo's limp monsters like this then lolz

the only question is, have you seen btn limp monsters before - if answer = no - then ez shove
    No way sb is limping any hand, probably paint - low/mid pr

think oppo's could limp with low-mid prs and paint, so think pre shove will be called - but shove flop is better

b/f in this spot would just be terrible
  • edited March 2012
    I'd prefer a check fold or check shove if they are not imping a lot. Btn could bet and get reshoved off sb and thats a hand you just don't want to be in!
  • edited March 2012
    WTF happened fella?

I was quite interested in this hand!!!
  • edited March 2012
    button snaps w 10's> :P?
  • edited March 2012
    Just seen this dude but I have to say I'm shipping.
  • edited March 2012
    Thanks for replies, well I was a little confused so probably made a mistake by checking flop (thought I was being trapped), it checked round, then when a 6 hit the turn decided I must be ahead and shipped only to be called by shorty who limped KK on the btn and checked flop lol, fml.

Overall shove flop would be better as his range includes lots of high cards AK/AQ etc that miss.