You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

what should i have done here

edited March 2012 in The Poker Clinic

simple question, would you reraise the river or just flat call, getting beat by full houses but also beating alot of other hands

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalancehayhaiSit out    elbows7Small blind £0.15£0.15£30.64Slider73Big blind £0.30£0.45£82.47 Your hole cards9A   FEARLEZZRaise £0.60£1.05£34.30robyoungCall £0.60£1.65£101.77elbows7Call £0.45£2.10£30.19Slider73Raise £0.90£3.00£81.57FEARLEZZCall £0.60£3.60£33.70robyoungCall £0.60£4.20£101.17elbows7Call £0.60£4.80£29.59Flop  24Q   elbows7Check    Slider73Bet £2.40£7.20£79.17FEARLEZZFold    robyoungCall £2.40£9.60£98.77elbows7Fold    Turn  2   Slider73Bet £4.80£14.40£74.37robyoungRaise £13.50£27.90£85.27Slider73Call £8.70£36.60£65.67River  6   Slider73Bet £18.30£54.90£47.37robyoung?                      

Comments

• edited March 2012
    I think he is calling with A2, A4 or AQ and you have him beaten. I would not worry about the full house as the cards to make that up would not be used to cover a raise by others - unless he is a nutter. Lets hope not!!
  • edited March 2012
    I mostly flat as played, 5 people saw flop, our customer is strong enough to call raise turn then still bet for perceived value on river, an improved set is def in hs range with 5 players and action.

But would have looked to have got it in on turn.  No reason not to raise flop.
  • edited March 2012
    id play safe and flat call the river i wouldnt raise what hands are gonna call u mainly hands that beat u ya might get another flush to call but to risky for me call and take notes imo
  • edited March 2012
    Hi,

Thank you for your post,
    If you would like us to show your hand on tomorrows Poker Clinic Show, please let us know the hand ID and table its from, as we can only show hands from tables with the TV icon.

All the best

TV TEAM
  • edited March 2012
    The pattern of his bets could fit QQ but we can't call pre-flop with Ax suited, flop the nuts then give it up out of fear of a house. I don't mind the call but I think alot of the cash players will tell you that in the long-term you're missing value here by not raising. You are literally losing to one hand in his range but beating all other flushes. I don't think you can fold this river for the same reason: Putting him on a single hand rather than a range of hands is just putting too much faith in our ability to read the game. For what it's worth, there could even be some one-pair hands that play it this way: AA with the Ace of hearts, KK with the King of hearts or KQ with the King of hearts could all be half-potting this river as a blocker bet having called your raise on the turn. In fact, this call on the turn could be a good indicator that your opponent doesn't have the house. You're showing strength and many times players will look to get their value here, rather than risk losing out on that value if their opponent misses a draw or a scare card comes on the river.

There isn't enough reason for the fold, I'm a Jessie so I'd call but I think there could be some value in a small raise, hoping to get called by weaker flushes or the two-pair hands I mentioned.
  • edited March 2012
    Raise flop.

Flat river.
  • edited March 2012
    can't imagine what his original min-raise hoped to achieve, except a multiway pot! Min raising with pocket 22/44 just don't make sense, and pocket AA is asking for trouble.
    Think villain has AK/AA/KK/QQ type of hand and just played it badly, or /and got extremely lucky min raising 22/44.
    Either way you are getting 3/1 pot odds by calling this off rather than jamming the river and finding the worse case!

ps, on 4 handed table, and stacks in play,could also have a case for 3 bet original min raiser to say £2, and take control of this hand from the start.
  • edited March 2012
    feel like your hand is so under represented , his river bet feels like a blocker bet with a pair and he's putting you on a semi-bluff.
    I feel like on balance you're missing value by just calling
  • edited March 2012

raise flop for metric tonnes of value

Dont fold river, although if he shoved it and you had reads I think you could consider folding this deep. If hes bad I shove, if hes good call