You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

thoughts please how is my raise on flop big enough? and is this a call on the turn very tricky spot

edited March 2012 in The Poker Clinic
In this hand when i raise 3 x preflop and flop comes 8 5 2 with my raise preflop i couldnt put the villain on any 2 pair combos on this flop and when villain goes all in massive overbet on the turn i couldnt put him/her on a set here because u wouldnt just jam   i never been in such a tricky spot before on cash table murr65Small blind £0.05£0.05£21.65mcfc123Big blind £0.10£0.15£4.60 Your hole cardsKK   jams88Fold    IDONKCALLURaise £0.40£0.55£16.05adzo09wyatFold    zammo19720Fold    murr65Call £0.35£0.90£21.30mcfc123Call £0.30£1.20£4.30Flop  852   murr65Bet £0.30£1.50£21.00mcfc123Fold    IDONKCALLURaise £1.50£3.00£14.55murr65Call £1.20£4.20£19.80Turn  7   murr65All-in £19.80£24.00£0.00IDONKCALLUAll-in £14.55£38.55£0.00murr65Unmatched bet £5.25£33.30£5.25

Comments

• edited March 2012
    flop and preflop raise fine. Depends on your player read really on the turn, if unsure might let it go reluctantly you have invested not that much in the pot and to call a huge raise. And in reality you only have one pair..

If he is a preflop elephant he could have a werid 2 pair comb. He is calling from the blinds so likely hood increases (sometime people feel obligated to protect their blind investment). 

The shove though is really hard. He could have bet the flop  with a8 (though i think that is unlikely) (he has a big stack and would he risk it all with one pair with a shove on the turn) - (maybe if he picks up some more outs - i.e flush draw etc)  

If he really tight i might he even put on the funky straight - he might have bet the gutshot... 

These situtations really depend on your play read... 
  • edited March 2012

Flop raise is fine. Could be a little bit bigger, just because it gives you a better chance of getting stacks in by the river, but sizing certainly isn't a mistake.

Turn bet is very villain dependent.
    An overbet shove is often a made hand, rather than a draw, but can obviously see instances where he could have 86ss, 65ss, 98ss etc..., plus 66 and 76o aren't impossible.
    He can also have 87, 75, 77, 64 etc....

If you don't know the villain very well, then there are enough hands you are beating to make it a call, but it sucks as a spot, and against a tight villain who isn't prone to overbet shoving semi-bluff hands, it is a snap fold.
  • edited March 2012
    the villain is very aggro playing almost every hand so when he calls my pre flop range its very wide byt my thinking is he wouldnt jam with a set most people would check raise the turn surely and only 2 pair combo i could put him on is just 7 8 from my preflop raise a very tricky spot for me i tanked sigh called i post up the results later just want more thoughts on what people would do here and jakally thanks for your thought i have respect for your game a good solid player and your tv apperance last week u done a good job and great advice sir welldone :)